All things Knotts Berry Farm

PiratesMansion

The log Ride has Fastlane, at least it did the other day.

Calico Rapids also has Fastlane.

Edit: I just checked the app and it does indeed list that it accepts Fastlane.

Yep, it looks like it's back on the website as a Fastlane attraction. It was very annoying in October when suddenly it wasn't an option.
That "two lines that merge into one" setup in the first part of the queue makes no sense to me and is just frustrating.

Log Ride and Ghostrider are SO easy to marathon when they're both on Fastlane!

cmwade77

Yep, it looks like it's back on the website as a Fastlane attraction. It was very annoying in October when suddenly it wasn't an option.
That "two lines that merge into one" setup in the first part of the queue makes no sense to me and is just frustrating.

Log Ride and Ghostrider are SO easy to marathon when they're both on Fastlane!
I wonder if they have to remove it during Knotts Scarry Farm due to a maze setup or something like that? I don't do the Scarry Halloween stuff, so I don't know, but just a thought.

PiratesMansion

I wonder if they have to remove it during Knotts Scarry Farm due to a maze setup or something like that? I don't do the Scarry Halloween stuff, so I don't know, but just a thought.

They do a seasonal overlay on the ride but they didn't remove FastLane because of a maze or anything like that; there are mazes close by but none that directly involve the flume. It was like that during the day too.

My guess is they thought they could do away with it when they redid the logs and people complained, or they temporarily removed it until they got a better handle on using the updated logs, or they thought that with Calico Rapids they could remove it from the flume. Whatever the reason, I'm happy that it's back.

cmwade77

They do a seasonal overlay on the ride but they didn't remove FastLane because of a maze or anything like that; there are mazes close by but none that directly involve the flume. It was like that during the day too.

My guess is they thought they could do away with it when they redid the logs and people complained, or they temporarily removed it until they got a better handle on using the updated logs, or they thought that with Calico Rapids they could remove it from the flume. Whatever the reason, I'm happy that it's back.
Or there may have been a technical reason they needed to remove it for a while they none of us are privy to.

Of course for me, Fastlane isn't really worth it, as I don't do many of the rides that have Fastlane, I stick with things like the train, sky tower and the like and do the entertainment. Now if they started adding Fastlane to the entertainment venues, I would be needing to add it to my pass......lol

PiratesMansion

Or there may have been a technical reason they needed to remove it for a while they none of us are privy to.

Of course for me, Fastlane isn't really worth it, as I don't do many of the rides that have Fastlane, I stick with things like the train, sky tower and the like and do the entertainment. Now if they started adding Fastlane to the entertainment venues, I would be needing to add it to my pass......lol

Fair enough.

My top three reasons to go to the park are the Mine Ride, the Flume, and Ghostrider, and Fastlane is incredibly helpful for at least 2/3.

Phroobar

Original Poster
There isn't a maze near the log ride. Fast lane isn't needed during Haunt and they only use Fright Lane for the mazes.

PiratesMansion

Fast lane isn't needed during Haunt and they only use Fright Lane for the mazes.
Maybe it's because I've only been able to go on Fridays and Saturdays, but for the past two years at least the the ride lines are just as crazy as the lines for the haunts. Ghostrider, especially, has always had insane waits during the event. Even the FL line is crazy enough that I only bother with it shortly before the park closes at 2 AM.

Not sure why people would waste at least an hour in line for Ghostrider during a 7 hour-long event with actual exclusive offerings, but that's human nature for you. Maybe those are the same people who were waiting in those 110 minute Monsters Inc. lines.

At this point, you can't buy Fast Lane or Fright Lane separately during Haunt, only together as a combo. Probably so they can hike the price and keep the FL lines manageable. And with the single exception of Ghostrider it seems to work well.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Maybe it's because I've only been able to go on Fridays and Saturdays, but for the past two years at least the the ride lines are just as crazy as the lines for the haunts. Ghostrider, especially, has always had insane waits during the event. Even the FL line is crazy enough that I only bother with it shortly before the park closes at 2 AM.

Not sure why people would waste at least an hour in line for Ghostrider during a 7 hour-long event with actual exclusive offerings, but that's human nature for you. Maybe those are the same people who were waiting in those 110 minute Monsters Inc. lines.

At this point, you can't buy Fast Lane or Fright Lane separately during Haunt, only together as a combo. Probably so they can hike the price and keep the FL lines manageable. And with the single exception of Ghostrider it seems to work well.
We typically go on a Thursday or Friday during the second week of Haunt. There are less people around. At midnight during Haunt we can do every ride without wait. It's fun to ride Silver Bullet at 1:30am. We typically get the mazes and shows done by 11pm.

cmwade77

Fair enough.

My top three reasons to go to the park are the Mine Ride, the Flume, and Ghostrider, and Fastlane is incredibly helpful for at least 2/3.
Guess I don't go on days where it is busy enough to matter.....lol

Well, as I said I don't do Haunt, so during the day, I haven't had need of Fastlane.

PiratesMansion

Guess I don't go on days where it is busy enough to matter.....lol

Well, as I said I don't do Haunt, so during the day, I haven't had need of Fastlane.

Well, you're a local. You can go whenever you want.

I'm a teacher in the Chicago area, so there are limits on when I can go to theme parks in Southern California.

No reason not to do Haunt if you like Halloween at all, IMO. One of the best events out there, and actually reasonably priced compared to DCA's. You basically get the VIP version of Haunt at Knott's just for the cost of walking in to DLR's.

Phroobar

Original Poster

I'm a teacher in the Chicago area, so there are limits on when I can go to theme parks in Southern California.

No reason not to do Haunt if you like Halloween at all, IMO. One of the best events out there, and actually reasonably priced compared to DCA's. You basically get the VIP version of Haunt at Knott's just for the cost of walking in to DLR's.
The best time to go to Haunt is the first couple of weeks in September. It is a lot of fun and I think better than Universal HHN.

If you do Universal's HHN, get the 2pm early entry. You enjoy the park until the mazes open at 5pm. The general public isn't let in until 7pm. It's enough time to complete the lower lot mazes.

cmwade77

My problem is I hate the scary Halloween stuff, so no real point in Haunt, but I do get limited time for those that aren't local.

Darkbeer1

As for Mystery Lodge, well, I think our CF execs have figured out double talk and mis-direction.

I think on May 15th, Knott's big Media Day for the opening of Bear-y Tales, and kickoff of Ghost Town Alive/Summer Nights/100th Celebration events, the true story of Mystery Lodge will be known.

Same for the rumored expansion.

That said, Cedar Fair is looking at a few things, company is in good health, and with Six Flags having difficulties, has new opportunities on many levels, including working with ride manufactures, and opportunities for expansion. That has the senior folks debating how to spend money, or save it for something else in the future.

Some very interesting comments out there, mainly from the third-party providers to Theme Parks.

I mentioned this months ago, when Six Flags made the offer for Cedar Fair, and I knew it wouldn't happen, I said though, that strategic things could be worked out, where certain parks could be bought/traded, giving each chain different areas to operate in, instead of compete.

And folks, SeaWorld/Busch Gardens, Merlin (LEGOLAND, etc.) and even Parques Reunidos/Palace Entertainment. All three of these operators have been looking for new opportunities in purchasing/selling/shared marketing. A lot of things going on currently outside the Disney/Universal Bubble. And Cedar Fair is very happy they have remained a North American company.

cmwade77

As long as Knott's keeps investing in quality entertainment, I'm good.

I am curious as to what is to become of Mystery Lodge.

As for SeaWorld/BushGardens, they are still struggling, but starting to pull through, so I could see someone like CedarFair offering to buy them. Which would be somewhat ironic since they puchased SoakCity San Diego from Cedar Fair turned it into Aquatics and now going to be Sesame Street and then if Cedar Fair bought them outright, they would end up owning it again.

All I can say is I am glad Six Flags didn't succeed.

cmwade77

Have just been reading about all of the food offerings for Boysenberry Festival, some delicious sounding choices and some that umm, well let's just say sound interesting.

BubbaQuest

The boysenberry festival is great. I can't believe it's that time of year again. It looks like they've change the tasting card from the last time I went. It used to be a preselected list, but now you can choose from a much larger list. Seems like they raised prices too :(

Phroobar

Original Poster
When to Knott's for lunch today. It was pretty packed. All the bigger rides where about an hour. We ended up riding the train and watching the stunt show. The Berry Tales ride building is getting painted some nice bright colors.

RobWDW1971

When to Knott's for lunch today. It was pretty packed. All the bigger rides where about an hour. We ended up riding the train and watching the stunt show. The Berry Tales ride building is getting painted some nice bright colors.
What is the deal with the new stunt show it was just a frenetic mess that lasted less than 15 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom