All the resorts are unavailable?!!!

CaseyLee

Original Poster
Hello, I am trying to book a resort for my family in January or February 2018 for a week. There is literally nothing available after Oct 2017. I changed the number of the guests and dates to get the available room. I checked every single day in 2018 even march, april, may..... I don't know what is going on lol... did they block the resort for 2018 or is it totally booked for 2018 already?
is there any chance that they will release more rooms as close as the date of the travel?
It happened to me for the first time so I am confusing. I had no problem booking last 2 trips even I booked both trip 2 months in advance. Jan 2017 and May 2016. I have no idea what to do next.... Please help me!! Thanks

JimW

Premium Member
Hello, I am trying to book a resort for my family in January or February 2018 for a week. There is literally nothing available after Oct 2017. I changed the number of the guests and dates to get the available room. I checked every single day in 2018 even march, april, may..... I don't know what is going on lol... did they block the resort for 2018 or is it totally booked for 2018 already?
is there any chance that they will release more rooms as close as the date of the travel?
It happened to me for the first time so I am confusing. I had no problem booking last 2 trips even I booked both trip 2 months in advance. Jan 2017 and May 2016. I have no idea what to do next.... Please help me!! Thanks
You might want to try a different browser, or clearing your current browser's history and cache. I just went and searched for a party of four for January 21st through the 27th. I was given options at 28 resorts. If I upped the number of guests to 5 for the same dates, I still received valid results for 20 resorts.

mguimond1990

As stated above, u might want to clear your browser or just call because I got a reservation for November with no problem. The site can be tricky sometimes

Debbie

If you're having issues, best advice would be to call (407) 939-5277, and speak to the DRC.

Call my friend Pam @ Kingdom Konsultants Monday and they will get right on it for you! I guarantee you won't be sorry and it costs you nothing 1-866-566-7858 Pam and her agents work very hard to deliver the very best service!

drizgirl

Try adding a day or two to the beginning or end of your trip dates. They've been doing some funky things lately with requiring a certain number of nights. Too many or too few and it can end up looking like nothing is open.

kimberlymautz

I've been having the same issues! It keeps coming up with results and when I click on them it says that there aren't any rooms available. I hope they haven't started limiting their days, that would completely screw up my trip in the spring. :(

CaseyLee

Original Poster
I've been having the same issues! It keeps coming up with results and when I click on them it says that there aren't any rooms available. I hope they haven't started limiting their days, that would completely screw up my trip in the spring. :(

I called and booked a resort this morning with no problem! I think online system is bad for booking for the far future, but price was the same as shown online even though when you click it then says no available rooms, they surely have a room for you just not for online booking!

fbp

I'm having the exact same problem. Trying to price out options for 10 days in Spring 2018 and it is showing everything as completely sold out. Tried a couple of browsers and clearing my history/cache.

Tootsie

I experienced the same thing, I didn't call, only tried online, surely it's not full the second week in January.

Cmdr_Crimson

You have to remember a few things about January & February...
  1. Brazilian Tour Groups take over resorts..I stayed at Pop and the place had quite a few groups there..
  2. Cheerleading Competitions also take place during this time
  3. The adding of the Festival of the Arts at Epcot (A Pre F&G Meets F&W)
  4. The Biggest situations...The NFL Pro-Bowl is in it's 2nd year in Orlando and they do train out at ESPNWWOS
  5. Super Bowl Winners would be probably be in attendance depending on who wins and if they decide to come to come to MK or DL...
I'm glad I booked my trip in February of this year and a day right after Pro-Bowl ends...So It will be "Slightly" Calm..

Debbie

Two previous posters stated they were met with an issue. If they are anything like me; they don't have time to read over every response. I will always chat up a forum sponsor, especially one who truly gives great service, for without them you might not enjoy the full entirety of what this wonderful website has grown into.

Last edited by a moderator:

nawkturnal

I've been having the same issue too. My wife and I were both pricing out packages at different resorts for most of last week without any problems. This only started happening to us on Friday. Up until then, rooms were showing as available for the vast majority of the resorts for February 1-6, even though there's a cheerleading competition happening at ESPN that weekend. However, from all the reading I did last week, the competition group is only going to be staying at the All Star resorts.

I'm in IT so clearing the browser cache and history is just something I do without even thinking about it lol We both tried it on multiple computers both at home and at work as well as on our phones (wifi and cellular data). It's strange that it worked for you though JimW. I just tried it again for every week starting February 5, 2018 and stopped after I got to the week of May 28, 2018 (I went with Mon-Fri of each of those weeks). Still nothing so something is definitely not right here.

Like many have suggested, we're just going to call them later today.

Cmdr_Crimson

However, from all the reading I did last week, the competition group is only going to be staying at the All Star resorts.

Believe me when I say this is not true as I have encountered several High School & Collegiate cheerleader squads staying at Pop Century as it is also much closer to WWoS plus they have check in tents on the 90's side for the teams that are staying there...I'm just glad they stopped using DHS for the finals and have moved everything there to not ruin the fun for many...like myself..

Just so anyone that is aware....
Florida Dance Championships - 1/15/2018
UCA National Cheerleading is Feb 10-12

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

• Brazilian Tour Groups take over resorts..I stayed at Pop and the place had quite a few groups there..
Bear in mind Brazil goes back to school at the start of February, and depending on when carnivale is may (or may not) have a week off. Argentina and Uruguay go back to school at the end of February, so in February you'll see less tour groups vs mid to late January, before eventually disappearing altogether at the end of February.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Bear in mind Brazil goes back to school at the start of February, and depending on when carnivale is may have a week off. Argentina and Uruguay go back to school at the end of February, so in February you'll see less tour groups vs mid to late January, before eventually disappearing altogether at the end of February.

Carnivale in Rio is Feb 9th - Feb 14th.....I'm there in the resort around that time....It's a clash between the Squads and the Tour Groups...
MLNYSje.gif

nawkturnal

I just tried going about booking a package online differently than I have previously done and it worked. Normally, we start by entering the dates for check in and check out at the top of the the main Disney World page. Of course, that was the way we were doing it when we kept seeing no room availability. However, I decided to try placing my mouse over the cart and then clicking the Find a Resort button (see the screenshot below).

upload_2017-8-8_10-17-8.png

I was able to book no problems if I did it this way so we're good to go for our trip in February! Just cause I'm the curious type, I went back to try and book by entering the check in and check out dates on the main page but it still shows as all resorts having no rooms available.

So if anyone else is still having issues and havn't called in, try placing your mouse over the cart and then clicking Find a Resort. Hoping that works for you...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom