All Stars Pros/Cons

figmentisgreat

Does anyone have any opinions about which All Star resort is better?

We really want movies, but right now, we are in Music again. I know I said earlier that we were in sports, but due to a mix up with my message to the travel agent, we are now in music...again. Does anyone know the pros/cons to the resorts?

Thank you!

rick2121

I've stayed at all 3 and would put them in this order: Music, Movies, and finally Sports.

I second that! While Movies wins for us in theme, Music is close second but edges ahead in rooms and buses.

The rooms at Sports and Music have been remodeled and are much nicer and more attractive than Movies, which still has the original design rooms and appear very aged compared to Music and Sports. Sports was remodeled first, then Music so currently Music has the newest rooms.

Second the busing wins at Music due to the fact that its in between the other two, allowing you to choose the shortest bus line from the three at the end of the day in the parks. You can easily walk to Music's rooms after riding the Sports or Movies buses.

Upvote 0

mickeymatt

I have stayed at POP and Music. We liked both. Personally I will pay alittle more next time to stay at a moderate because I think all the values are alittle too busy for my taste. And everyone on here raves about POFQ and PORS. As for the bussing...We drive down so I avoid busses all together. We rode from music one afternoon to MK and enjoyed it. The driver played trivia with us on the way. On the way back. NOt so good. We had to wait in line for 20 minutes and it was late and we were tired. THe bus driver on the way home was playing a radiostation that was playing songs from Universal! WHAT! I thought that was tacky. maybe he was rebelling. Anyway if you can ....drive to the parks and enjoy hopping in your car and going when you are ready!

Upvote 0

fosse76

I have stayed at POP Century and All Star Movies. And I almost now prefer Movies. I was fortunate enough to be in the Mighty Ducks building, and at the end no less...which was only a three minute walk to All Star Music's bus pick-up. I don't think I waited more than a few minutes for a bus (good timing on my part). The resorts didn't share busses when I traveled. It just seemed, to me, that there was more landscaping at Movies than at POP, which is surrounded by parking lots. Perhaps I was just lucky that time.

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

Wife and I have stayed at Pop Century twice and are about to make it a third. We absolutly love this resort and have no reason to try a different value resort. The food court is huge and offers a wide selection of menu options and they change daily. But, to be fair the one downside is that the bus stops are not covered. Why disney didnt put up some cheap metal tin roofing I cant imagine.

Upvote 0

Mickey-Mommy

We've stayed at Music x2, and Movies once. Figured we'd give Sports a try now that we will be traveling with our 2 year old and have never stayed there.

We are going Sept. 21-Oct. 2. Anyone know how busy it will be at the resort and parks this time of year?

Upvote 0

krankenstein

I've stayed at them all, and I would rank them:

1) Sports
2) Music
3) Movies

My reasoning is fairly simple, Sports recently had all the rooms redone. I actually found the new rooms to be better than Pops to me. You are also first for the buses, and I preferred the layout of the resort compared to the other two. If you can put up with a little more noise, Sports is really nice.

Music is nice, but the layout seemed worse when compared to sports. The only thing I preferred is the quietness of the resort. For some reason, Music had a more adult fill to me.

Movies showed me nothing at all. The redeeming thing I can say about it is the more blatant Disney theming. Outside of that, it has nothing. Plus, the rooms haven't been redone here.

Upvote 0

alecshawn

Music is our favorite resort.
It is (as you know) clean, well themed and a great pool.
I like all the values but Music seems the "less busy".
We also like CSR. But we try to save on the cost by staying at the values.
Personally, we never stay anymore at any of the values except for Music.
Never, had we had any complaints.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom