All Stars Pros/Cons

figmentisgreat

Does anyone have any opinions about which All Star resort is better?

We really want movies, but right now, we are in Music again. I know I said earlier that we were in sports, but due to a mix up with my message to the travel agent, we are now in music...again. Does anyone know the pros/cons to the resorts?

Thank you!

coltow

Everyone has opinions here. I liked Music I thought it was alot quieter than the others. Movies seems to attract more little kids and Sports seems to attract more teens. Sports also has the draw that when the busses are shared Sports is the first stop. We were supposed to stay at Movies in 2005, but we too had a mix up and ended up at Pop. I was very upset and angry, but we were pleasantly surprised by how much we liked Pop. I'd like to go try Movies sometime, but never during a busy time (summer) or Pop Warner week.

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Does anyone have any opinions about which All Star resort is better?

We really want movies, but right now, we are in Music again. I know I said earlier that we were in sports, but due to a mix up with my message to the travel agent, we are now in music...again. Does anyone know the pros/cons to the resorts?

Thank you!

I've stayed at all them, and frankly, I don't have any strong views as to which is better. Things I have noted that might help differentiate...

1. Sports gets the first bus stop when the buses are going to all three.
2. Music had (last summer anyways) poolside games and activities in teh afternoon and movies at night. I don't think the others did.
3. Sports is close enough to walk to McDonalds, Blizzard Beach and Winter/Summerland. Music and Movies are more difficult walks.
4. Each building in Movies is slightly different in outside decoration than its twin, which Music and Sports are mirror images of each other. I have seen people walk into the wrong building at Sports and Music, but I imagine this would be less likely at Movies.
5. Sports seems a little louder, which I attribute to the football field that virtually calls to teenagers to run around and scream all night.
6. I have always liked the look and atmosphere of Movies' food court a little better, though I'm not sure I can place why.

Upvote 0
I have stayed at all 3 resorts numerous times. I like them all but Movies would have to be my favorite. I love the themeing there. All 3 resorts are kid crazy...But its Disney so its expected...The only thing I didnt like was the sharing of the buses. It can get very crowded at times...Honestly, since POP opened, we have been staying there...I love it there. It has its own buses to. But the all stars arent bad...Try Movies.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

Music is my favorite, but any of them are really the same.

If you've stayed in one of them, you pretty much know what to expect.

Either way, you'll enjoy the experience!

Upvote 0

Fun2BFree

We've stayed at every value resort, and Music is our favourite. Everything seems more peaceful, it had the entertainment last Summer (as MichWolv pointed out), and the feature pool is much more imaginative than Sports' 'shapeless lake' and Movies' 'shapeless lake with Mickey' pools. In addition, last Summer I noticed that Sports and Movies often shared a bus whilst Music got its own on occasion (and Pop's bus is often the farthest walk away, not to mention the resort being close to nowhere). Pop was too crowded as there were more guests than a single All Star resort, yet the food court was practically the same size and there was only one bus line for the increased number of guests.

Stay at Music- it doesn't get better at any of the other values. ;)

3. Sports is close enough to walk to McDonalds, Blizzard Beach and Winter/Summerland. Music and Movies are more difficult walks.

The resorts are practically within a minute's walk of each other, so if you don't find a walk to BB difficult from Sports, you should have no problem.

Upvote 0
The Western Buildings in music is waayyyy in the back it is quite a trek in the morning and night if you have young or old ones.

...or out of shape ones! We stayed in Pop twice, loved the theming. Last time were stayed at Pop, we were ALL THE WAY in the back...it felt like the walk at the end of the day back to the room wouldn't end.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Stayed at Sports and Pop. Liked them both for diff reasons and disliked them both for diff reasons. They were both cool looking. We were always fairly close to the main hub so we never had any walking issues. Pools were great and buses were not that bad. Coming home at night there were never enough buses at either, but especially Pop. They were overcrowded and standing on a bus with a kid and a stroller is not fun at 11 pm.

I liked the atmosphere better at Pop. There were a lot of foreign groups at Sports, due to baseball tournaments and that is where they stayed. The kids were loud, rude, obnoxious and were up and out at all hours of the night. Once they left mid-trip, it was quiet and very enjoyable. Each group even draped their own national flag from their balcony, which we thought was in poor taste, since they were in America. I believe management asked them to remove it after several complaints of noise, etc.,

So, I would stay at Sports again, but not during a crowded time/summer. Pop was crowded but fun. I'd stay there too. After staying at these 2 value resorts, we are going back to the mods. The noise, crowds, etc., are not for us.

I hope I have helped. :)

Upvote 0

PoohNTink02

All Star

I've stayed at Sports, Music & Movies.. Unfortunately I liked Music the least for a few reasons that also included the fact that the building we were in was having a problem with the doors and our keys were constantly not working & each night it would take over an hour for someone to come and fix it. This happened four times on a five day trip so needless to say we have no plans to return to Music. But I could be biased.
Sports was a great time because we loved the theme and the atmosphere & being picked up and dropped off first is a huge perk when your anxious to get to a park or get back to the hotel.
Movies was also really cute and the newest of the three making it noticably a little more modern. Noticeably the food court is the nicest of the three
---Hope this helps some!

Upvote 0

Jellyfish

I stayed at All Star Movies, but went Hotel Hopping round all 3.

All Star Sports gets the busses first, so they are usually empty and you can get seats easier.

All Star Music was good as well, the shop was really good in there. I spent more money in that shop than i did in the All Star Movies shop. I spent the least in Sports.

All Star Movies, is the one, if you want to stop in a more Disney hotel then this is your best bet. The 'big characters' around the hotel are brilliant, they are Fantasia, Herbie [Love Bug], 101 Dalmations, Toy Story, and Mighty Ducks. The Movies and Sports had statues of instruments and footballs and stuff, and they are disney, but Movies is definetly more so. Movies is also the newest and is really well kept.
Movies is however is right at the end, therefore getting the buses 3rd. So sometimes there is a slight wait if the busses have filled up and gone straight from Music to the parks because of this. But the longest we waited for a bus was 15 mins, and this was peak time. Getting buses back to the hotel was never a problem.

The only thing we were dissapointed with in All Stars (and this applies to all 3 of them) was that the menu didn't differ much each day. But the food is nice :)

If you want to see any pics of All Star Movies then just ask :lol:

Upvote 0

Gooch

I've stayed at all 3 and would put them in this order: Music, Movies, and finally Sports.

Music and Movies are one in the same, but I'd pick Music over Movies because I just think it looks better. I'm not a huge fan of Sports. Each time I've gone I seem to have a problem whether it be with the cleanliness (or lack thereof) of the room or with air conditioning. Last time I stayed there the A/C didn't work and it took a good hour & 1/2 for someone to come to the room and fix it. That's just my luck, though. All 3 are pretty good quality/value resorts.

The only downside all 3 have on common is the whole having to share a bus ordeal. I hated having to wait for the bus to drop off/pick-up at the other resorts as well as stand the majority of the time because I'm usually the odd man out. :(

Upvote 0

mickey&me

We stayed at Movies in December and loved it. We were even there during Pop Warner, but we didn't even notice it until the last night of it, when we met a well-chaperoned portion of the winning cheerleading squad on the bus. They played quietly with my 7yo son the whole time. The only time we shared a bus was the DME, and that's standard practice for all the resorts during slower times. To and from the parks, every time, all 3 of the All Stars had their own separate bus.

Upvote 0
Stayed at all of them multiple times, so here's my opinion:

Sports - busier, louder, more tweens
Music - quieter, better busses (you're never first or last, right in the middle), better pools
Movie - lots of little ones, super fun and cute motifs, obnoxious that you're always the last picked up and dropped off
POP - busses are ah-mazing, more centrally located

Hope that helped :)

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I love the All Star Music Resort - so much so that I've chosen it again for this year. I've NEVER shared a bus with the other All Star resorts! Music always had it's own bus last year in June (I don't know if this changes during the year)! I liked the decor and atmosphere. As someone else mentioned, in June they had games by the pool side and a movie at night (again, I don't know if this changes during the year). I found the resort quiet (even in June) and we would come back in the afternoons for a nap. I also had a recently renovated room and it felt very fresh and clean. The food court is... well, it's a food court! But I never ate there much as most of my meals were at the parks or other resorts! I loved the gift shop "Maestro Mickey's" as well. AS Music gets two thumbs up from us!!!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom