All-Star Music Transportation?

Marceline_Dream

Going to be staying there for the first time for a short trip at the end of this month. Trying out the family suites.

Do any of the buses tend to be full due to their spot on the loop?

We will have a car, would it be easier to just drive to any of the parks?

Thanks!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Going to be staying there for the first time for a short trip at the end of this month. Trying out the family suites.

Do any of the buses tend to be full due to their spot on the loop?

We will have a car, would it be easier to just drive to any of the parks?

Thanks!

It's always easier and faster to drive to the parks, and you won't have to pay, since you're a resort guest.

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

We were at AS Music last week. We took the bus the first day, but rented a car for the next 3 (would have been the rest of the week, but our trip got cut 3 days early :( ). We just like the freedom of having a car, but the one day we did take the buses, we had to share at night from DTD, but not during the day to and from MK. After we got the car we did notice that the buses did sometimes show up pretty full. Other times, they were completely empty. I agree with Nick. Driving was faster and easier for us and more convenient as we do a lot of our meals at resorts.

Upvote 0

paul436

You can usually get a seat on your way to the parks as the bus will most likely head to AS-Movies after picking you up. Guests staying at that resort will get off opening up seats for you. I also noticed that the AS resorts generally have a lot of young people who will offer their seats to people who appear to need it more.

I don't think that the end of February is a particularly busy month historically (unless you're going over a scheduled school break) which should also lessen the crowds on the buses.

I never had a car at WDW but being a NYer I'm used to crowded buses so it never bothered me.

Upvote 0

flavious27

The bus trips to and from all star are the worst. I would drive and park instead of dealing with it. Or if you are looking for suites, the cabins are an option.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

We have stayed at ASMusic four times and rarely, rarely did we have to share a bus with the other AS resorts We also had our vehicle and only used it on two occasions to go to breakfast ressies at other resorts. Many times the buses are 1/2 full. Yes, they would be more busy first thing in the morning and at park closing but not impossilbly so. I really like the fact that when I am tired at the end of the park day that I can just get on a bus and let someone else do the driving to the resort. I don't have to remember where the car is parked, I don't have to get on the monorail or boat from the MK to get to the car, I don't have to worry that I will miss my turn on the roads, etc. We did two trips with a rental car and then I tried the buses with my Sister-In-Law and they are great. Now, that we drive down from western NY I am happy for the most part to let Disney do the driving on property.

Upvote 0

WDWJedi

We RARELY have any problems on the buses. The only line that I usually see longer is the early opening park for the day. We drive our van down and leave it unless we are going to DTD or over to get food. I prefer the buses over driving as I just don't want to deal with it. I'm usually too tired and just would rather hear people talk about their day or take a quick nap on the way back. I used to ride the monorail when I worked there just to hear people talk and people watch...

Also...if you not used to driving in FL....it's like this...if the speed limit is 70...YOU BETTER BE GOING 79 or your going to have someone on your rear end flashing their lights!

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

When staying at an All-Star resort, make sure to remember Sports, Music, Movies. Thats the order the bus will take on pickups and dropoffs.

Staying at Music means your bus will stop at one hotel prior to picking you up. It may not be packed, but it wont be empty.

Upvote 0

The Andrews

It all depends

We have stayed at the AS many times and found it more times than not to be less of a hassle to drive our own vehicle, except to the magic kingdom.:king:

Upvote 0

smk

When staying at an All-Star resort, make sure to remember Sports, Music, Movies. Thats the order the bus will take on pickups and dropoffs.

Staying at Music means your bus will stop at one hotel prior to picking you up. It may not be packed, but it wont be empty.
All star resorts no longer share buses.

Upvote 0

Rob562

All star resorts no longer share buses.

Unless they've totally abandoned 15 years of practice in the past few months, they do share. But it fluctuates, depending on the time of day and the park involved.

Studios and Animal Kingdom buses will pretty much always share going from park back to the hotel. And going to the park they'll share except when crowds peak, like opening time. (Even then, they'll share more often than not)

Epcot and Magic Kingdom get a bit more complicated, and again it depends on the crowds. Middle of the day they'll share going to and from the park. First thing in the morning it's a toss-up. End of the day rush and they switch to separate buses.

The one good thing about staying at Music is that since it's in the middle, at times when they're running the routes separately, if one resort's line happens to get significantly shorter, you can hop on that resort's bus and walk over to your resort.

And purely from a numbers standpoint, the Music resort as a whole has about 5% less capacity than Sports or Movies, because of the Family Suites. (A room can hold 4 people, a suite can only hold 6 people while taking up the space of 2 rooms.) So theoretically, if every room in all of the All-Stars were at max capacity, there would be 5% fewer people at Music, thereby making their food court and bus route slightly less busy)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom