All Star Music Resort

KirstyLou

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking on this forum for years and have never posted - so thought it was about time! I'm off to Florida again this September. Myself and my family have been many times, but we've never stayed at All Star Music before. I'll be visiting with my brother and his fiance. We've booked our rooms and my 60 day window opens shortly to check in.

Has anyone stayed here before. Do you have any pictures / tips / general information comments about the resort?

I know it's a budget hotel so not expecting anything outstanding, but I wanted to hear people's reviews!

Thanks in advance :)

grim-grinning_toast

This resort is actually really quite pretty on the Jazz side! It has a nice little fountain and some benches and Jazz music playing. And it's pretty close to the main building/buses! We stayed all the way in the back and still felt like it wasn't a terrible walk to those amenities. There's a quiet pool near the back buildings, as well :)

The worst part about the budget hotels is that everyone on a school trip/sporting event stays there. So it can be pretty loud. But as far as theming and service go - it's a good resort :)

KirstyLou

Original Poster
This resort is actually really quite pretty on the Jazz side! It has a nice little fountain and some benches and Jazz music playing. And it's pretty close to the main building/buses! We stayed all the way in the back and still felt like it wasn't a terrible walk to those amenities. There's a quiet pool near the back buildings, as well :)

The worst part about the budget hotels is that everyone on a school trip/sporting event stays there. So it can be pretty loud. But as far as theming and service go - it's a good resort :)

Thank you! The fountain and jazz music sound lovely. Is there a mini fridge in the standard room do you know?

Also does one of the pools screen movies on some evenings?

I'm glad you think it's a good resort - is nice to read a positive review!

belledream

ASMu is probably the prettiest of the All Stars thanks to an understated but lovely little courtyard with fountain that neither of the other ones have. To answer your questions above, yes, every room has a minifridge but that's all it is - a fridge, no freezer area. And yes, they do do Movies Under the Stars.

It's great for a shower and a sleep in the Disney bubble. :)
401697_1661274291468_2063274815_n.jpg

577664_1661274571475_1805520175_n.jpg

MickeyMomV

We stayed there last October for a couple of nights and had a good time with no real issues. My only complaint is that we were all the way in the back and unlike @grim-grinning_toast we did not care for the long walk. At 1 or 2 in the morning when we get off the bus the last thing we want to do is walk 5-10 minutes back to the room. We went back and stayed at AS-Sports in April and paid the extra for the preferred room. This was our first stay at both resorts and they were both nice. Between the two we would prefer Music. Sports just seemed to have all of the school groups. In April there were several senior groups there for their senior trips and because of this the pool and bus stop seemed to always be crowded.

KirstyLou

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback guys, it really is great to hear all the different bits and pieces. What's the food court like?

mguimond1990

Ive stayed at a couple of the All stars and they are fine for inexpensive vacations. We are the type of people that have the mentality that the room is just for sleeping at night once we get back from the parks. But we stayed at Pop century last sept and im not sure I could go back to an all star. Pops location is like right in the middle of everything, while the all stars are sort of hidden over by AK. I also enjoyed the walking trail around the lake that leads you to AOA. It was very pretty. I do think you will enjoy ASMu, but if Pop isnt too much more a night it might be worth looking into. I know sometimes the all stars share buses, where pop doesnt. Just a thought :) you really cant go wrong when staying on property

belledream

Thanks for the feedback guys, it really is great to hear all the different bits and pieces. What's the food court like?
The food court is pretty standard stuff, nothing will blow your mind. While we used to grab an occasional breakfast there, there are so many dining options around WDW that I would rather partake in. ;)

CheshireCat12

Although its a bit of a walk, staying in the back areas of the resort (Country) is very quiet! Also the piano pool is quieter and gets some shade later in the day. The thing I didn't like was the bus stop being out in the hot sun with no shady coverings. Would definitely stay again!

oceanbreeze77

The All stars are extremely Underrated. Ive stayed at both music and movies and I actually LOVE them. Ive also stayed at deluxe (before magic bands) and I must say that I am more likely to pick a value over the deluxe. Yeah deluxe is nice if all your going to be doing is drinking and lounging by the pool, but Value especially ASMusic is perfect for a disney vacation. Food is not too shabby, rooms are just fine, pool area is nice, good bus service, can't go wrong.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You're spot on....the resort isn't anything outstanding.

When you check in, if there is an option for a room near transportation, select that. Also ask for one of the upper floors. Large tour groups stay at the All Stars and if your building is on the general path to the food court, you will have noise, lots of noise, as people walk by your building if you are on the ground floor.

We've stayed at both Music and Movies. Basically same hotels with different theming . However, Movies is the last All Stars bus stop, so many times the buses will be full. Plus, the bus stops have NO shade and in the hot Florida sun, it's brutal. Food courts are okay, nothing to write home about.

Must disagree with the poster who stated that deluxe resorts are nice if all you are going to do is drink and hang around the pool. Because the All Stars have pool side bars. ALL Disney resorts have a pool side bar. We've, em, interrupted young couples having a good time in the main Music pool late in the evening. Even discovered a gentleman passed out by the pool around 1:00 AM. So drinking and pool lounging is common to all the resorts. And this poster said they would pick a value over a deluxe...and they've stayed at a deluxe resort!

Enjoy your trip!

oceanbreeze77

Must disagree with the poster who stated that deluxe resorts are nice if all you are going to do is drink and hang around the pool. Because the All Stars have pool side bars. ALL Disney resorts have a pool side bar. We've, em, interrupted young couples having a good time in the main Music pool late in the evening. Even discovered a gentleman passed out by the pool around 1:00 AM. So drinking and pool lounging is common to all the resorts. And this poster said they would pick a value over a deluxe...and they've stayed at a deluxe resort!

Enjoy your trip!
What I meant was if I'm paying for deluxe I probably would not leave the resort much and make it a lounge by the pool vacay. Id rather pay a lower price if Im just going to be sleeping and napping while spending most of my time in the parks. If I pay a higher price Im going to be using the heck out of the amenities at the resort.

AndrewsJ

I think you will like it just fine. It is a value but it is not Motel 6. I've stayed there and had some of the best trips of my life. I'm a DVC owner now so I'm always at AKL but I would stay at ASM in a heartbeat if it meant I got to go to Disney! Have a great trip.

KirstyLou

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, great to hear what you all think. Today marks 60 days so was able to check in! Not long to go now :)

slappy magoo

Just a minor warning, the beds are 2 doubles not 2 queen sized beds (unless it's just 2 of you in the room and manage to snag a single king sized bed room). If any member of the party is on the larger size, and/or gives off a lot of heat, they can be too close for comfort, literally, sharing a bed that size. We spent one night in a Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation - a room of similar size with similar beds to the All Stars - and my wife and I pretty much had to sleep on top of one another, which wouldn't be so bad if the kids weren't in the room lol.

Of course, if the kids weren't in the room, we each could have had our own bed.

Also...if the kids aren't in the room...WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY???

ad497430-6967-0133-9ec0-0af7184f89fb.jpg

KirstyLou

Original Poster
I'm going with my brother and his fiance and we have separate rooms - so I'll possibly have two beds to myself!

slappy magoo

I'm going with my brother and his fiance and we have separate rooms - so I'll possibly have two beds to myself!
In that case you guys should see if two rooms with king sized beds are available. It might be nominally more, like $10 per room. I'm not sure. But if there are no kids and you're going to have your own room, may as well really stretch out. Unless you plan on using the other bed as a de facto extra wardrobe/place to throw clothes because storage is so slight.

KirstyLou

Original Poster
I'm arriving a week after them, so I will get my brother to request it. We've already requested the same block (Calypso), so would be worth asking I guess!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom