All-Star Honeymoon?

disneyhope

Hi all,

My happiest wish came true, and I'm honeymooning in Disney! Woo! I ask of your advice... have any of you stayed at an All-Star resort for your honeymoon? My fiance and I don't really want to spend a lot on our room, but we do want to stay on property. I've been at the All-Star resorts on other trips and liked them a lot, I was just wondering how they are honeymoon-wise. Is any one better for a honeymoon than another? We'll be going next June if that matters... any help would be appreciated!:D

Thanks!

dcsmokey

Honeymoon

It will cost you a tad more, but for atmosphere, and just a beautiful way to start your lives together, try one of the Mansions at Riverside. You can't beat it.

Seeing as how you'll be there in June, I'd say having a place to go to escape the parks would be ideal. The grounds at Riverside are glorious. A wonderful area to walk around, and be quiet with each other. Also, it's got some nice places to eat, and some romantic free boatrides between the resort and DownTown Disney.

Finally, make sure you buy the wedding mouse ears. All sorts of fun things happen when you wear those ears. And if making dinner reservations, tell them you're there on your honeymoon - they always make a special effort at each meal.

Upvote 0

drew81

The All-Stars are mainly a family resort. I have stayed there many times and I've always had fun there. If you want to stay on property and looking at the value you might think about Pop Century. I like that better than the All-Stars. No matter where you stay, you'll have fun.

Upvote 0

Zip-D-Dude

On my honeymoon I stayed a couple of nights at the All Star Music resort. It is basiically a motel with Disney themes. Nothing great but you are only crashing in your hotel anyway. A bed and shower are all you need ;) Do not let people tell you it will ruin your honeymoon. If you do not have money to throw around it is fine. Spend your money elsewhere.

Upvote 0

saucymb

I agree with dcsmokey; if at all possible financially, spend a bit more and stay at Riverside. Although I prefer the Alligator Bayou to the mansions (beautiful foliage and wildlife, walking paths, and rustic). Riverside is quite romantic, great atmosphere, and quiet. All-Star can be loud, and although it is great for small kids and families, Riverside can't be beat!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
dcsmokey said:
Finally, make sure you buy the wedding mouse ears. All sorts of fun things happen when you wear those ears. And if making dinner reservations, tell them you're there on your honeymoon - they always make a special effort at each meal.

Yes, the mouse ears work almost as good as a Fastpass. We were there during the 100 years celebration and got a number of special 100 year collectables, pins, etc, just because of the ears.

On the dinner resies...we ate dinner at Cindi's Royal Table for dinner late one evening and they sat us right next to the window in the two person table, had confettie all over the table. We got to watch the fireworks show from that table and it was one of the most memorable experiences of our trip.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We are staying at the CBR for our honeymoon in 61 days. But before we decided on that we very seriously considered the Pop. Basically because it was brand new (compared to the others) and it looked neat. But we opted to spend the money on something that we thought would be a little more romantic. But romance can be anywhere.

Upvote 0

DisneyInMyVeins

Congrats! I'm honeymooning in Disney too! lol. We're staying at Pop Century. It's a resort neither of us has been to, so it will be new. The main thing is the parks for us anyway, and we enjoy the theming of the All Star resorts and Pop Century. My fiance said it doesn't matter anyway, as long as he's with me. So I'm sure it'll be special for you! Oh yeah, definitely get the mouse ears. We're planning to lol. :wave:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

While the all stars will not offer you the romantic feel you are probably looking for in a honey moon, you need to remember that it is still WDW. No matter where you stay you can make it whatever you want it to be.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

Yes, I agree - do whatever is most comfortable for your budget (we're doing a Land and Sea package with the Poly but we certainly wouldn't be if we didn't have some $ saved and if we weren't lucky enough to have minimal expenses for recent college grads.) If you're the type that is mostly in the parks anyways it makes where your hotel is less important too.

No matter what I'm sure you (and all of us who are Disney honeymooners! Eeee I'm so excited! *stupid girly freak-out*) will have a great time in WDW with your new spouse!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

I say stay at the All Stars and use the money you save to buy some nice "gifts" for each other at the parks.

Get the wedding ears! They are totally worth it- I had the wedding headband and it was really nice because on the rides I could slip it off and then put it back on again- totally worth the little extra cash (I think it was 3 dollars more, but I am not totally sure since it was almost 3 years ago and we had to order them from DisneyLand....)

Just go and have a wonderful time! You will enjoy it no matter where you stay- After all, it is Disney

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I agree with dcsmokey

I have never stayed at at value resort, so I don't know. I do know any place on prop is better then being off and going to WDW for your honeymoon is great.

Sometimes the mods can be just a little bit more. For example we are staying at PORS tomarrow and with a code is was only $20 more then a value, plus we get a refridgerator for free instead of $10 a night so it was really only 10 more a night. (Values were 59, PORS was 79.)

All the mods really are very romantic and relaxing. They also have food courts so that is a bonus for people who want to eat there, and have a sit down resturant also.

Keep an eye out for codes and try to get a good rate at a moderate resort. After all this is your honeymoon!! (you do tend to spend more time in your room then a regular vacation!) :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Disneyfan1981

My Wife and I honeymooned at the Caribbean Beach Resort Last June. It wasn't too expensive especially because we called right before our 45 day cut off because they were having a promotion for the summer and got our rates adjusted. I was romantic, not too many families and the pools at each island were pretty empty, because people opted for the theme pool. We wore the wedding ears and got pulled on stage at Beauty and the Beast, a special dessert at Cinderella's Castle and characters would actually stop on their way to and from place just to pose with pictures with us, it was great! I would recommend a Mod but if you decide All-Star something tells me you'll have a great time anyway!

Upvote 0

Invero

disneyhope said:
Hi all,

My happiest wish came true, and I'm honeymooning in Disney! Woo! I ask of your advice... have any of you stayed at an All-Star resort for your honeymoon? My fiance and I don't really want to spend a lot on our room, but we do want to stay on property. I've been at the All-Star resorts on other trips and liked them a lot, I was just wondering how they are honeymoon-wise. Is any one better for a honeymoon than another? We'll be going next June if that matters... any help would be appreciated!:D

Thanks!
When I worked at Pop Century, we had a LOT of honeymooning couples. Having that notated on the reservation greatly increased the chances of getting a King bed instead of the two doubles. We'd also try and do something special for them.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Although I won't belittle your choice of hotel, I'll join those who recommend you bump up to a moderate resort (preferably Riverside) if you can swing it. Expecially if you plan to do any sort of relaxing and enjoying being newly married on the vacation. No, I'm not talking about THAT. Well, not just that. But even lounging poolside, having the option of a sitdown meal on your property, nicer bars/lounges, amenities like boating or biking. Just walking around and enjoying the grounds. Plus, staying at Riverside gives you the option of a nice boat ride to Downtown Disney at night, which can be very romantic, as long as the people who aren't on the boat with you aren't total loads. And, as previously stated, moderate resorts DO get a fridge. If you're planning to keep some champagne, other liquor or even just soft drinks handy...OR if you want to keep butter/cream cheese/bagels in the room for the option of "breakfast in bed," it's nice to have handy.

I understand the appeal of the Value resorts if you either need to save the money, or you're really just looking for a place to crash and sleep when you're exhausted from the parks. And I'm sure you'll enjoy your honeymoon no matter what. However, I'd bet that you'd wind up being happier bumping up to a mod.

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

Aurora_25 said:
Get the wedding ears! They are totally worth it- I had the wedding headband and it was really nice because on the rides I could slip it off and then put it back on again- totally worth the little extra cash (I think it was 3 dollars more, but I am not totally sure since it was almost 3 years ago and we had to order them from DisneyLand....)

Does anyone know if they still have the headband version? I really want the wedding ears but have always had a problem with the regular mouse ears comfort wise (I like to pull my hair up so they don't fit on my head right).

Upvote 0

ssidiouss@mac.c

HONEYMOON IN DISNEYWORLD???

CONGRATS!!!

I did the same thing in OCT 2003 and we stayed at the ALL-STAR SPORTS resort and it was the greatest time we could imagine. We liked it so much that we went right back for a second honeymoon a few months later in MAY 2004 and stayed at the POP CENTURY RESORT. The Pop Century Resort should be the same price as the All-Stars so you should choose the Pop Century.. its newer and has a better foodcourt and just feels a bit nicer with the theme.

Now.. you can check our our honeymoon pics from our stay at the All-Star Sports resort by clicking on this link.

Also.. you can check out our second-honeymoon pics from our stay at the Pop Century Resort by clicking on this link.

After looking at the highlights from both of our trips to disneyworld you'll notice something.. that there are not many pics from either resort. Why? Because theres so much to do in DisneyWorld that you shouldnt really be hangn in ur room anyway. You should be out having romantic dinners, walks, watching fireworks, going on rides, etc. The room shouldnt matter at all.. you shouldnt be seeing much of it.. and to be honest.. the All-Star Movies and PopCentury resorts have more of a disney feel than a few of the higher end resorts.

Since your going on your honeymoon.. let me say a few things that you might want to consider:

1. try to maximize the time that you spend at the parks during the night.. they are especially romantic in the dark with all the lighting on.

2. try to do the disney boardwalk at night after epcot's illuminations.. you can walk out the side exit by the countries and they have a few bars to have fun at.

3. try to find cool ways to travel around disneyworld. For example.. if your doing MGM during the day.. instead of taking the bus back to ur resort.. use the boat outside MGM to ride u to the disney boardwalk then u can walk to epcot and see the fireworks. Its a fun boat ride and usually empty.

4. try to do some romantic dinners. there are many options but my favorite is FULTONS CRAB HOUSE in downtown disney. This place is pure class.. and if you go there.. tell them u want a room in the upstairs BLUE ROOM at night (and a window seat.) Man.. is that awesome. So romantic with the blue light coming down from above and the best food I ever had in my life. Another cool little place I ate at was Le Cellear in Canada (epcot) which was cool because it felt tucked away. My last tip for dinners is the Liberty Tree Inn inside the magic kingdom.. its a very cozy place where the characters come right up to your table while u eat dinner and it have a more adult feel than the other character dinners that you can find in the park. The Liberty Tree Inn is very impressive to me.

5. DO NOT MISS ANY FIREWORKS SHOWS.. make sure u see illuminations, wishes, and fantasmic.

Upvote 0

disneyhope

Original Poster
Thanks for everything so far!!

And just to make things clear... we DO want to spend a lot of time in our room, I guess we just don't care what it looks like... ;)

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Hi ok here's my opinion. 10 years ago May 13th my husband and I honeymooned at All Star Music. It was new then and it was very nice. We had a wonderful time, spent the amount of money we wanted, with more money to spend on little "gifts" for each other. I really treasure the winnie the pooh teapot and the crystal stemware that my husband bought for me then say an upgraded resort room. We received some special things in our room a basket full of goodies, a card etc..
Now with that being said I would say Pop because it is the newest, has the lake for quiet walks (yeah right) and its a value resort. I know you can rent a fridge for $10 more but we dont do it, we just get the resort mugs for our drinks. you can always chill your drink on ice in the ice bucket. Congratulations and have a wonderful trip....

btw..we came home with our first little souvineer before the commercials like that came out.... and she loves Disney as much as we do....7 more days until our return trip for our 10th wedding anniversary!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom