All rides in Hollywood Studios closed for technical difficulties (7/12/18)

mergatroid

Unfortunately I think they are making cutbacks when it comes to the AC. The trip I took back in May, anytime I had to go inside a building at any of the parks, the air just didn't feel that cool. Now it wasn't stifling hot every single day of the trip but there were still times you needed a breather. And whenever I went into an attraction, gift shop, restaurant, etc., it just wasn't all that cool inside. I can remember (from all trips I have taken from 2012 to now) that it would be really cold sometimes and it'd always feel so good because of the heat/humidity outside. But nope, on this trip it was unfortunate and it made standing in line for a long period of time almost unbearable when in recent years I can remember not being all that uncomfortable (and not having a problem with the long wait)--and it was because of the AC feeling good and cooling you off as you waited. So no, they are making cutbacks and I was not happy. It seems like someone else brought this up in an earlier thread where they noticed this too recently. So with this going on now, it does make me wonder if they're using something new and it's not working properly and it would account for what happened at HS and the drop in temperature inside the buildings?

Judging by the information posted on this thread it's probably not

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Obviously it's because they stupidly put these parks in the middle of a Florida swamp. Don't you know that guests combust during our summers all the time? It's a wonder any of them ever make it out alive after spending a day in our sun. Chillers? Psh, they have no chance to survive.

Whoever the genius was that made that decision needs to get out of the theme park business!!

FoodRockz

I remember this one, but there was another one that affected both parks during the middle of the day. I was there.

I'll back you up on this. I was in 3 Broomsticks about to be handed my food, and then they refused to give it to me once the power went out because of "safety concerns." I was not pleased, but the people upside down on Dragon Challenge looked less pleased.

Tom Morrow

I'll back you up on this. I was in 3 Broomsticks about to be handed my food, and then they refused to give it to me once the power went out because of "safety concerns." I was not pleased, but the people upside down on Dragon Challenge looked less pleased.
Dragon Challenge was not stuck upside down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom