All Ears Net--All Star Model Suites

Nemo14

Very interesting. This would really be a draw for families. I know we opted to book 2 joining rooms for our next family trip there. This certainly would have worked for us. I'm wondering how expensive these will be. Any ideas?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Excellent find! Thanks for posting!

I think this is a good way to jazz up, pardon the pun, the Value Resorts for families who desire or just need to have more room. The only way to get a bigger room right now is, I believe, to either book at a Deluxe resort or join DVC and get one of the 1-2 bedroom villas (Or the Grand Villa :) ). Interesting also is the note that Disney may tear down the existing Legendary buildings over at Pop to make room for new buildings. That can't sit well with the bean counters. ;)

AndreainNY

I am not a big fan of the value resorts, but I would seriously reconsider staying there if something like this were available. With 2 adults and 3 children (ages 13, 2.5 and 10 mos), this is exactly the type of layout that would work well for us! It will be interesting to see if this comes to fruition and how much the rooms would cost!

Hurricane

HauntedPirate said:
Excellent find! Thanks for posting!

I think this is a good way to jazz up, pardon the pun, the Value Resorts for families who desire or just need to have more room. The only way to get a bigger room right now is, I believe, to either book at a Deluxe resort or join DVC and get one of the 1-2 bedroom villas (Or the Grand Villa :) ). Interesting also is the note that Disney may tear down the existing Legendary buildings over at Pop to make room for new buildings. That can't sit well with the bean counters. ;)

You can book DVC rooms without being a member of the DVC ; )

mitchk

I just saw this info on another site. It sounds like a good idea. I love the All-Star resorts, not for the discount more for the atmosphere, and I think the suites would be a great addition. :wave:

peter11435

HauntedPirate said:
Interesting also is the note that Disney may tear down the existing Legendary buildings over at Pop to make room for new buildings. That can't sit well with the bean counters. ;)

Well only two out of 10 Legendary years guest room buildings have been constructed.

AndreainNY said:
I am not a big fan of the value resorts, but I would seriously reconsider staying there if something like this were available.
I agree. I think converting the Legendary years into an all-suites resort would be brilliant. All suites hotels have been very popular recently and if this does go through, a suite option that is less expensive that the deluxe resorts or villas would be incredibly popular, I'd imagine.

Laura

Premium Member
That is really nice. However, I still don't think I can stay at a value resort again after being spoiled at the deluxes. Doesn't matter how nice the room is, to me its the location that makes it great!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hurricane said:
You can book DVC rooms without being a member of the DVC ; )

True. But I think only 2% of the rooms are available to non-DVC members. At least that's the number I remember hearing.

minnie2000

I would be very interested in these. We have only stayed in timeshare to visit Disney (orange lake) and I would love to stay on Disney property. The thing that has put me off is the thought of the 4 of us in one room instead of a nice spacious bungalow. (also the lack of kitchen). I have looked at Disney apartments (villas?), but the prices are ridiculous!

disneymoc

Sorry I had to mention this. The bedspread in that room is hideous. Wow. I didn't think I would ever see anything that ugly. I wouldn't be able to sleep because the design is so loud. :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I think this would be a GREAT idea. I love the All-Stars and Pop Century because they are so over the top. When I'm there, I feel like I'm in Disney World. I keep thinking about staying at other resorts, but the others just look like nice hotels to me - like places I can stay anywhere.

If I could get a little larger, nicer room, but still be at All-Stars or Pop Century, I think I'd jump at it.

Epcot82Guy

Timothy Q Mouse said:
I agree. I think converting the Legendary years into an all-suites resort would be brilliant. All suites hotels have been very popular recently and if this does go through, a suite option that is less expensive that the deluxe resorts or villas would be incredibly popular, I'd imagine.

That was my thought, or at least part of them. I also think having a selection available first could be a good indicator of the percentage so that occupancy is maximized in regards to demand.

Does anyone have a description of where the new POP buildings are going? The reason I ask is that if they make an entire section of suites, this would be a way to separate people from the "dreaded" cheerleader groups and what not that sometimes take over the Value resorts. If there was a "quiet" area, I think some people that stay off property would reconsider. Just a thought.

Thanks for the info! :D

Jekyll Baker

Just one thought. If Disney rebuilt Pop Century's Legendary Years as a suite resort, would it still be considered a Value resort or maybe as a Moderate resort? Or would they have to create a new category, say Value Suite?

timetoknowbe

Epcot82Guy said:
That was my thought, or at least part of them. I also think having a selection available first could be a good indicator of the percentage so that occupancy is maximized in regards to demand.

Does anyone have a description of where the new POP buildings are going? The reason I ask is that if they make an entire section of suites, this would be a way to separate people from the "dreaded" cheerleader groups and what not that sometimes take over the Value resorts. If there was a "quiet" area, I think some people that stay off property would reconsider. Just a thought.

Thanks for the info! :D

They're on the other side of a waterway (the name has something to do with time, I forget), with an incomplete bridge going across it. It would be very quiet. I think that area was meant to have its own lobby, food court, pools, etc.

We were in the 60s building, and on the back side of that building (facing away from the direction of the lobby), you could see two incomplete buildings sitting in a dusty field. No color, looked like a shell. QUITE the eyesore, and more than a bit creepy. But then again I generally get creeped out when I see anything on Disney property sitting abandoned and rotting. The old sub tracks underwater rusting seriously weirded me out, and I can't stand to see the old Skyway stations.

But yeah. I wish they'd do something with that area. I'd love to stay in buildings with themes like that. Cheaper suites would be awesome, that was the reason we never stayed on property before (we eventually gave in).

DME

I think this is absolutely wonderful. My family needs the kitchen as we have special dietary needs and always ask for a fridge in the room. If we had a whole kitchenette in the room, we'd be living like kings....That would allow us to have breakfast in the room....I love it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom