All boat rides (with the exception of Jungle Cruise) are either currently being drained or will be soon..

DBF John

You cut out the boat in the canal, gotta have that for the money shot. I had no idea there was a drawbridge and locks there. Amazing after all these years the details still to be discovered.. Anyway here it is

View attachment 458598
The locks are a little hard to see in that view... I went for the close-up that shows the engineering involved.

Bing Birds Eye

Attachments

• MK Canal Locks.jpg
    MK Canal Locks.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 218

MotherOfBirds

Coming soon, we will be offering our fans the once in a lifetime opportunity to own a piece of Walt Disney World® history, by purchasing a bottle of attraction water*. Choose between Jungle Cruise, "it's a small world", Splash Mountain, or Frozen Ever After.

*$199.99 plus tax. All proceeds benefit the Disney Preservation Fund. Sponsored by Belle Delphine.

Theme Park Girl Bath Water

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Coming soon, we will be offering our fans the once in a lifetime opportunity to own a piece of Walt Disney World® history, by purchasing a bottle of attraction water*. Choose between Jungle Cruise, "it's a small world", Splash Mountain, or Frozen Ever After.

*$199.99 plus tax. All proceeds benefit the Disney Preservation Fund. Sponsored by Belle Delphine.
For $499.99 plus tax you can get the special commemorative edition, in a slightly heavier plastic bottle with a visual depiction of Mickey and Minnie standing 6 feet from one another.

Josh Hendy

Just make sure you bring one of those water filter straws to filter out the cremation ashes. 🤢
I wonder if JC skippers have funny lines ready when passengers start dumping ashes into the water in front of the whole boat, or if they look the other way and pretend nothing is happening.

My friend once showed up for rowing and had to stay off the dock for a bit because a family was using it for dumping ashes and the wind was blowing it around in people's faces. I swear, if that ever happened to me on a Disney ride ...

celluloid

I wonder if JC skippers have funny lines ready when passengers start dumping ashes into the water in front of the whole boat, or if they look the other way and pretend nothing is happening.

Like anything it depends on the skipper and what you find funny. They have lines for a lot of things, but even if ride or family appropriate they can get into trouble from deviating form scripted options.

Also "Ma'm, please just wait before dumping those, here at the World Famous Jungle Cruise we bring the water to you, it is our above and beyond service and we may even go under for it"

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
To clarify, It's essentially a catch basin for when water isn't being pumped through the ride. Because the water and rafts travel downhill for much of the ride, it's designed so that when the pumps shut off at the end of the day, there is a large enough resevoir to contain all the water from the upper section of the river trough. Draining it is not part of the process of shutting it down, but a result of turning off the pumps and allowing the water to flow downhill to a resting point.

Fun Fact: When I worked at Everest in 2007, Kali had an Auto E-Stop and failed to drain. Later we found out it was because so much ... organic matter ... was blocking drainage throughout the ride and was never taken care of.

Not sure about USA but in the UK on water rides built since 2000-something that involve the guests deliberately getting wet (via mist, splash etc) must meet quality standards to prevent legionnaires disease and other bacterial infections. So older rapids and log flumes where the standard didn't exist when they were built are exempted, but new attractions need to take steps to ensure the water meets quality standards.

For those of you who have been to Paramount's Carowinds: The river raft attraction used to (pre-2000s) have a lengthy tunnel portion that was full of mist and indoor waterfalls. Legionnaires was traced back to the attraction and it closed. Reopened unexpectedly for a summer season operating as normal, then closed again. Reopened the next season with the tunnel portion completely removed. Edit: Attraction has since been removed, and I should have fact checked the last part before I assumed lol

Last edited:

Jtdancy

For those of you who have been to Paramount's Carowinds: The river raft attraction used to (pre-2000s) have a lengthy tunnel portion that was full of mist and indoor waterfalls. Legionnaires was traced back to the attraction and it closed. Reopened unexpectedly for a summer season operating as normal, then closed again. Reopened the next season with the tunnel portion completely removed. Attraction is still in operation at the park.

Interesting... I live in NC and remember the Carowinds river raft attraction from childhood. I do not recall the attraction still being there as of last summer and can't find it on their current website. Do you know the name of it?

wishiwere@wdw

Fun Fact: When I worked at Everest in 2007, Kali had an Auto E-Stop and failed to drain. Later we found out it was because so much ... organic matter ... was blocking drainage throughout the ride and was never taken care of.

For those of you who have been to Paramount's Carowinds: The river raft attraction used to (pre-2000s) have a lengthy tunnel portion that was full of mist and indoor waterfalls. Legionnaires was traced back to the attraction and it closed. Reopened unexpectedly for a summer season operating as normal, then closed again. Reopened the next season with the tunnel portion completely removed. Attraction is still in operation at the park.
Unfortunately the attraction has since been fully removed. I believe copperhead strike is now on a portion of the land.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Unfortunately the attraction has since been fully removed. I believe copperhead strike is now on a portion of the land.
See what happens when you assume... *le sigh* edited. lol Even as I was writing it, I was like I should probably check lol. In my head, I was confusing it with the rapids ride at Busch Gardens... don't ask. It's been a long quarantine.

wishiwere@wdw

See what happens when you assume... *le sigh* edited. lol Even as I was writing it, I was like I should probably check lol. In my head, I was confusing it with the rapids ride at Busch Gardens... don't ask. It's been a long quarantine.
It’s ok. I double checked as well and I was just there the end of last season. I started wondering... did I entirely miss a water ride?!? lol. Regardless, very interesting point!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom