All air Launch pyro missing from IllumiNations

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
All 3 of the air launch shells at the beginning of Illuminations have been missing for the last few weeks. The shot from the American Gardens Theater is not there, and the two air launch shells from the inferno barge (the big bang) have been replaced by a very limp looking traditional lift charge piece of pyro.

Anyone know what's going on? First thought would be there is a supply problem with the pyro, but with different shells being involved, and none of the air launch firing, I'm wondering if there is another issue.

JafarMaleficent

Steve, first let me say it's weird seeing you starting a thread and asking a question. Lol but I noticed this too. Maybe their just working on updating them. I mean EPCOT's 35 is next year. Their trying to get a head start.

devoy1701

Steve, first let me say it's weird seeing you starting a thread and asking a question. Lol but I noticed this too. Maybe their just working on updating them. I mean EPCOT's 35 is next year. Their trying to get a head start.

that's a big head start for Epcot's 35... it's actually only turning 30 next year though. :wave:

Alektronic

All 3 of the air launch shells at the beginning of Illuminations have been missing for the last few weeks. The shot from the American Gardens Theater is not there, and the two air launch shells from the inferno barge (the big bang) have been replaced by a very limp looking traditional lift charge piece of pyro.

Anyone know what's going on? First thought would be there is a supply problem with the pyro, but with different shells being involved, and none of the air launch firing, I'm wondering if there is another issue.

It's all due to bad product. It is hit or miss lately, sometimes both, some or none. Last night, no Amgard, but a weak 2 from the center.

PalisadesPkteer

More like the 50th! Not enthusiastic about getting much of anything until then after what happened with the 25th.

If not for the fans putting pressure on Disney by making plans (due to Adam Roth mostly) do not think there would have been much if anything. The Disney company did say I think that they had no plans to celebrate the 25th except for the employees.

Monorail Lime

Illuminations was shown tonight in spite of thunderstorms all day and a mostly empty park. The air launches were still missing as far as I could tell.

There was a single firework launch from the island around 30 minutes before the show. Testing something maybe?

Rob562

Illuminations was shown tonight in spite of thunderstorms all day and a mostly empty park. The air launches were still missing as far as I could tell.

There was a single firework launch from the island around 30 minutes before the show. Testing something maybe?

I'd guess either a mis-fire somehow, or a test fire to check wind conditions or perhaps to check the cloud ceiling, if there was a low cloudcover.

-Rob

Mikester71

Everything looked good to me the night we were there for Illuminations a couple of weeks ago (March 15th to be exact). I honestly didn't notice anything missing from the other times we have seen it during past trips. :shrug:

SAM_0650.jpg

The side/perimeter?? ones are always freaking missing and those are my favorites!! I'd see them alot back in 2006, I know, I used to work Illuminations every single night. I miss them =(

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
The side/perimeter?? ones are always freaking missing and those are my favorites!! I'd see them alot back in 2006, I know, I used to work Illuminations every single night. I miss them =(

This past trip (Feb.) was the first time in awhile that they fired the perimeter shots while I was there. The previous few trips had a lot of wind.

Rob562

Those are the first things to go when there is high-wind or a stupid Guest crossing railings and getting into off-limits areas along the water. (There's a reason for all those safety announcements before the show telling you not to cross the railings)

-Rob

WDW Monorail

What's more likely than a problem with the air system is that there may be a problem with the MagicFire chips in the comets and shells. But I really don't know for sure.

Are you sure that what you saw was conventional lift? Meaning you heard and saw the lift?

Occasionally there may be weak break charges in the shells but that does not pertain to comets. I've seen a lot of these 'weak' breaks. I've also seen times when only 1 or neither of the 2 shells break. I've even seen the chip send its charge out, creating a visible spark, with no burst of the shells at all.

Those are the first things to go when there is high-wind or a stupid Guest crossing railings and getting into off-limits areas along the water. (There's a reason for all those safety announcements before the show telling you not to cross the railings)

-Rob

Or climbing trees or fences during rainy weather. Oh boy, those were the days. =( I know the reason why they're not there, I'm just sad that I haven't seen them for a while because of that reason.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Apparently the lack of ALF is due to a lack of timing chips for these shells. Some minor work is also being done on the chip design, but as of now there is no ETA.

Being the big opening to the show, I`d hope to see a return sooner rather than later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom