All 2014 WDW reservations are now eligible for MyMagic+

disney4life2008

Interesting. No word yet on off property guests.

The roll out the disney guests is likely easier (but still very complicated) because if your staying on property - changes are you will have a MDE account anyway and log in daily. For off site guests - it will require them to create an account, have their family create an account, and end up with terrible last picks for choices. I am not interested in the off site roll out myself.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The roll out the disney guests is likely easier (but still very complicated) because if your staying on property - changes are you will have a MDE account anyway and log in daily. For off site guests - it will require them to create an account, have their family create an account, and end up with terrible last picks for choices. I am not interested in the off site roll out myself.
So will the off property guests only be allowed to book FP on the day they visit at the in park kiosks? That was the going rumor for a while. This roll out seems to make sense if that is true. It will also be interesting to see when they permanently turn off regular FP. I think it will probably come shortly after this rollout so maybe as early as January.

disney4life2008

So will the off property guests only be allowed to book FP on the day they visit at the in park kiosks? That was the going rumor for a while. This roll out seems to make sense if that is true. It will also be interesting to see when they permanently turn off regular FP. I think it will probably come shortly after this rollout so maybe as early as January.

I suspect that off site guests will have the option to create a MDE account when they purchase their tickets direct through disney. But this complicates matters for some because there are discount vendors as well as many other ways to get free or deeply discounted tickets. Or (like resort guests) they can select FP+ choices within park day of - but who would want to do that.

In regards to legacy FP being eliminated - I have a feeling that it will be gone as early March.

J061112C

The picks aren't too bad right now. If I wanted to visit Epcot tomorrow, all options are still available. Granted, that gets a little tricky during the holidays if making FP+ reservations on the same day.

Dustinius

Obviously there is no word yet on the rollout date, but being a first time/ offsite visitor on February 2nd 2014, what do you figure my chances are of still using the legacy system?
I find it pretty unfair that off site visitors are given the last picks,if rumours are indeed true. We pay just as much for tickets as everyone else, and if Disney is prepared to trial the on site guests, one would think they would also want to trial offsite guests before being rid of the legacy system?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I suspect that off site guests will have the option to create a MDE account when they purchase their tickets direct through disney. But this complicates matters for some because there are discount vendors as well as many other ways to get free or deeply discounted tickets. Or (like resort guests) they can select FP+ choices within park day of - but who would want to do that.

In regards to legacy FP being eliminated - I have a feeling that it will be gone as early March.
The problem is if they buy a 5 day ticket which 5 days can they make reservations for? What happens if I reserve FP for next week but never use it can I switch to 5 later dates or am I done? With onsite guests they already know how many nights you will be on property and when.
Obviously there is no word yet on the rollout date, but being a first time/ offsite visitor on February 2nd 2014, what do you figure my chances are of still using the legacy system?
I find it pretty unfair that off site visitors are given the last picks,if rumours are indeed true. We pay just as much for tickets as everyone else, and if Disney is prepared to trial the on site guests, one would think they would also want to trial offsite guests before being rid of the legacy system?
The rumors I have heard is that EMHs will be eventually phased out and the on property "perk" will be the ability to book FP reservations in advance. Day visitors or those staying off property would still be able to use the system, but no magic bands and no advanced reservations. They would get cards and would be able to use the in park kiosks on the day of to book their FP for the day. It seems like a disadvantage, but offsite guests already can't participate in EMHs so there is precedent for offering perks to on property guests. It's similar to the Universal model.

disney4life2008

The rumors I have heard is that EMHs will be eventually phased out and the on property "perk" will be the ability to book FP reservations in advance. Day visitors or those staying off property would still be able to use the system, but no magic bands and no advanced reservations. They would get cards and would be able to use the in park kiosks on the day of to book their FP for the day. It seems like a disadvantage, but offsite guests already can't participate in EMHs so there is precedent for offering perks to on property guests. It's similar to the Universal model.

I think you hit the hammer with the nail with the most acceptable response to offsite guests.

disney4life2008

GoofGoof posted a great response to this in another reply. You are right offsite guests will be treated worst under FP+ but disney does not really care. You may be safe in February.

WDWYankee15

This is very likely IMO. Remember they are not doing MM+ out of the goodness of their hearts. They spent a billion+ dollars to get a return. So cutting back operating hours of staff (illiminating EMH) and making it a bigger advantage to stay on property (ie you won't be riding the best rides if you can't prebook FP+, unless you wait hours) then more people will pay at stay on property. More money in the Disney bank. Also someone above mentioned discount ticket brokers for offsite guests, etc. Why do you think for a second that Disney would care about them. They want you to buy from them and them alone. If confused ready this again... More money in the Disney bank.

Like it or not Disney is a business. They are a company with shareholders, bottomlines, and executives. We all hate that, but it is true. Guest satisfaction is a good business model, but in the big picture is a means to an end...more profits.

ToTBellHop

This is very likely IMO. Remember they are not doing MM+ out of the goodness of their hearts. They spent a billion+ dollars to get a return. So cutting back operating hours of staff (illiminating EMH) and making it a bigger advantage to stay on property (ie you won't be riding the best rides if you can't prebook FP+, unless you wait hours) then more people will pay at stay on property. More money in the Disney bank. Also someone above mentioned discount ticket brokers for offsite guests, etc. Why do you think for a second that Disney would care about them. They want you to buy from them and them alone. If confused ready this again... More money in the Disney bank.

Like it or not Disney is a business. They are a company with shareholders, bottomlines, and executives. We all hate that, but it is true. Guest satisfaction is a good business model, but in the big picture is a means to an end...more profits.
They are indeed a business. However, after 58 years in the theme park business, I would have thought they would have a better idea of what types of investments most efficiently drive profits. Their competitors down the road have some ideas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom