Alien Encouter Breaking Glass

woofboy111

Original Poster
On Alien encouter, after the Alien is transported into the transport chamber, it breaks the glass. I know that it's two different tubes, with one being in one peice, and one being broken, but where does it go? Does it go up into the ceiling, or down into the Utilidors???

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
both. It's actually one long tube, one half of which is clean, and the other half which is destroyed. When the glass shatters, the tube goes up into the ceiling.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Ok...Thanks. I always though it was two different tubes, where one would go slide hidden either up or down, while the next one was coming in. The alien come in from underground...right???

mkt

Premium Member
I worked that attraction for a year and have seen the show many times with the lights on. It's one long tube w/ 2 distict sections- broken and clean. And yes the alien comes from below

woofboy111

Original Poster
Originally posted by mktiggerman
I worked that attraction for a year and have seen the show many times with the lights on. It's one long tube w/ 2 distict sections- broken and clean. And yes the alien comes from below

When you worked there, did you ever get to be the guy that gets eaten???

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by woofboy111

When you worked there, did you ever get to be the guy that gets eaten???

catwalk? It's part of the attraction training. Everyone that works there has to know it.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Ok, since you've been up there, can you answer this question...That red light that the person up there is shining around looks awfully big. Is it on a track on the ceiling, or are you holding it???

mkt

Premium Member
The CM wears a helmet w/ a red light attached and he also holds a flashlight.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Mikejakester
How did you get that job?

WDW Casting... I applied for it

Where do you work now?

WDW Global Park Entertainment.. basically I get a really fancy title to a really easy job.

How much did they pay you?

Less than I make now

mkt

Premium Member
How much you get paid now?

nothing.. I work for free.. well that's what Disney seems to think.. honestly, I make somewhere between $0 and $100 and hour..

mkt

Premium Member
What exactly do you do that your title varys so much. (more than just a title)

I perform in various shows and parades across the WDW resort, as well as coordinate entertainment at the various parks and resorts.. sorry though, I have no strings to pull.. I am merely a pawn in this whole sick scheme :drevil:

woofboy111

Original Poster
Ok...since you're a performer, maybe you can answer me this question... In parades or anything else thats not "up close" to the guests, is it true that Disney will have men play the parts of princesses if their running low on staff that day??? (snow white, cinderella, etc) The reason I'm asking is because I was in a store a few days ago, and these 2 guys were ahead of me and were talking about how one of them works at disney to the cashier. They then got into an argument weather one of them was Cinderella or snow white in the parade at the MK. From what I heard, he didn't mind being cinderella, but Snow white was a big no no.

Is this true??? Would Disney really have people dress up of characters of the opposite gender??? If they do, wouldn't guests be able to tell sometimes???

mkt

Premium Member
Ok...since you're a performer, maybe you can answer me this question... In parades or anything else thats not "up close" to the guests, is it true that Disney will have men play the parts of princesses if their running low on staff that day??? (snow white, cinderella, etc) The reason I'm asking is because I was in a store a few days ago, and these 2 guys were ahead of me and were talking about how one of them works at disney to the cashier. They then got into an argument weather one of them was Cinderella or snow white in the parade at the MK. From what I heard, he didn't mind being cinderella, but Snow white was a big no no.

Is this true??? Would Disney really have people dress up of characters of the opposite gender??? If they do, wouldn't guests be able to tell sometimes???

that's an out and out lie.. disney princesses are real. BTW-check your PM's

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by mktiggerman

that's an out and out lie.. disney princesses are real. BTW-check your PM's

My daughter has been in the performing arts for years, and if anything, there are usually more females than males, so the women sometimes perform in male roles, not vice versa!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom