alien encounter gone?

dxwwf3

PhilosophyMagic said:
See you at Six Flags!! :sohappy:

You won't see me at Six Flags. I've been to the one in Atlanta and I found out really fast that I am just not an amusement park guy. I am a theme park guy all the way.

dxwwf3

PhilosophyMagic said:
I still can't believe an attraction that included a gory death and blood dripping on the guests was in a Disney park!

That was awesome wasn't it! If nothing else, it will certainly be remembered for that.

Of course it was done in a "wink wink" sort of way. Just like the rest of the attraction.

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
Not even 10 years, that is a complete shame. :mad: To spend that kind of money on an attraction only to replace it in 8 years is a travesty. :fork:

Travesty is a very accurate word.

And it's not like AE was a disaster or anything. It was pretty popular. Sure not like the Mountains, POTC, or HM, but it popular.

dxwwf3

SirGoofy said:
I don't see anything wrong with that. The only reason I want to see SGE is to see the Stitch AA which is supposed to be amazing. Other than that, it's Fantasyland AE.

Thank you. I wish other people thought like you about that. :lol:

dxwwf3

PhilosophyMagic said:
I really miss it for the sake of all the first-time visitors who got a thrill out of it!

There was nothing better than taking cheerleaders from my high school (when our basketball team played in the tournaments in the Wide World Of Sports) on AE. That was voted most memorable moment of the trip by our team. AE was at it's best whenever you sat next to a first timer. Even though I thought it got better with repeat viewings, I know I'm in the minority there.

That's what I'll miss about AE almost as much as the attraction itself. Watching others experience it for the first time.

(Goodness that's alot of posts in a row. Sorry guys :wave: )

aimster

yensid91 said:
Why would they take out a good ride like alien encounter
It was not a ride! It was a SHOW! You didn't go anywhere!

[/end rant]

(don't mind me, I do this every time someone refers a show as a "ride". for some reason it just irritates the bejebus out of me)

dxwwf3

aimster said:
It was not a ride! It was a SHOW! You didn't go anywhere!

[/end rant]

(don't mind me, I do this every time someone refers a show as a "ride". for some reason it just irritates the bejebus out of me)

LOL! It's been a while since you've had to do that.

saltmom1

You didn't miss much with Living Seas. I thought it was a waste of time the first time and was dumb enough to go on it a second time. Leave the ocean environment to Sea World. They do a much better job.

drew81

I miss Alien Encounter. It was unique and it had a true story. Take a current look at WDI's work of late. Do you see anything with a true story. Soarin' sure doesn't. EE will have a story. SGE will have one, but not as unique as Alien Encounter. I'm trusting that Eric Jacobson will do a good job. My thoughts on him are riding on this.

Six Flags? That place makes me get chills in my spine. I went to the one near Chicago. Never again. I can't stand those places.

Glasgow

One time I took my mum, gran and aunt to Disney and somehow suckered my mum into riding AE. She still is mad at me to this day .. :lol:

jaygatz

Ae

You know, when I first got on the "show," I wondering if the thing moved...why else would you get strapped in? After experiencing it, I knew why the restraints were used--If not for the restraints, I would have run away screaming when the hot air hit my neck:)

aimster

Actually the restraints are there to line up the binaural(sp) sound so it felt like the alien was actually breathing down your neck and stuff. It'll be the same when Stitch's Great Escape opens.

xstechbabe

When AE closed I cried...that was MY FIRST ATTRACTION!!!...i waited 21 year before seeing disney world...I know what it is liek to lose my first attraction....no most of you prolly wont see the hardship for a while...caue you had families that went with you and dragged you on space mountain or slpash...or something that will be around for a while...Now at first i was up set with it....but i am learnign to adjust...

SirGoofy

xstechbabe said:
When AE closed I cried...that was MY FIRST ATTRACTION!!!...i waited 21 year before seeing disney world...I know what it is liek to lose my first attraction....no most of you prolly wont see the hardship for a while...caue you had families that went with you and dragged you on space mountain or slpash...or something that will be around for a while...Now at first i was up set with it....but i am learnign to adjust...

I know how you feel. My first attraction was JII. If at makes you feel better, just think that the ride your attraction is being replaced by can't be nearly as bad as JIYI.

dxwwf3

SirGoofy said:
I know how you feel. My first attraction was JII. If at makes you feel better, just think that the ride your attraction is being replaced by can't be nearly as bad as JIYI.

I actually liked Journey Into Your Imagination.................. :lookaroun

Yes I am the only one. Sure it wasn't 1/2 the attraction the original was, but I do not think the current version is either.

SirGoofy

dxwwf3 said:
I actually liked Journey Into Your Imagination.................. :lookaroun

Yes I am the only one. Sure it wasn't 1/2 the attraction the original was, but I do not think the current version is either.

It wasnt 1/100th the attraction the original was. I haven't actually experienced the current version, but I've seen a video. I think that it's about 1/4 of the original. It's got Figment and "One Little Spark" and tones more magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom