Alien Encounter fans HERE!

X-S TECHFOREVER

Original Poster
HI, and good day to all of you. I hope that im not the only one that feels AE should have never left. I also hope that im not the only one that is a die hard fan.Thats why im here to find the people who feel the same as i do. However I am looking foward to the Stitch replacement ,but I would like to know what you all think of the whole thing?

And should the changes stay?
I think that it should have stayed, it was not ready to leave!

General Grizz

I wish I knew the exact attendance issues. If the sole reason it closed was because of parents not reading the warning signs, then I don't think it should have closed.

I'll decide once the new version is open, but I wish the Stitch Encounter could have featured the X-S characters. They will be sorely missed, but I am looking forward to seeing Skippy and a remodeled SIR.

X-S TECHFOREVER

Original Poster
Yeah! I wouldn't mind if they just changed the storyline but not the people in it. Maybe a time travel instead!!!!! With the same people.

imagineer boy

I'm a die-hard AE fan too. It was just so scary, and cool. I almost cried when I heard Stitch was replacing AE. Oh, well. We'll just see how stitch turns out. Bring Back AE! :mad:

MKCP 1985

I liked Alien Encounter and felt it was a serious upgrade from anything that had ever been in that spot in Tomorrowland. I was shocked that Disney decided to close it.

I am keeping an open mind for its replacement, which will go unnamed here out of respect to the nature of this thread. :lol:

What did I like most about AE? The suspense of being in the dark waiting to hear or feel what would happen next! I hope *the replacement* retains some of that experience.

KevinPage

I enjoyed the attraction, but it is a "show", which tends to get old real fast. The preshow was the best part. I was kinda bored with the main show. Not scary, not suspenseful IMHO.

I'm all for a new attraction if they can improve upon what was there. It gives me another attraction to visit in Tommorowland, instead of just skipping it, seeing a long line for Buzz and going onto the TTA and witnessing another long line at Space Mountain. Crowds will be spread out better. The Stitch name alone will draw alot more people, even if they don't know what the attraction is.

It's the same situation with Mr. Toad. Disney will take a ride that the "GP", who is the overwhemlingly majority of park visitors, don't care 2 licks about, and replace it with a ride that will see long lines and higher attendance (just like Pooh).

ToTBellHop

I was not really scared by the show, either...most of the reason it was scary was because they turned the lights off...not very impressive in my opinion...I remember the first time I saw that commercial they always showed on the vacation planning videos and I thought "that's gonna be awesome!"...it made it look like you were on Nostromo or something...slightly different from the real experience...

Since1976

I personally enjoyed the attraction the one time I experienced it, but I think that it did not belong at the Magic Kingdom.

It was disheartening to see so many crying kids at the end of the show -- it was early in the morning, which means that for many of these kids, AE was their first Disney attraction *ever*!

I've listened to some live recordings of the attraction. You can hear children crying for their parents throughout the show. Since everyone is locked into their seat, no one can come to the kids' aid!

ToTBellHop

I agree...it was quite a bit different from other Magic Kingdom attractions and probably was more well-suited for MGM. Disneyland probably could have used Alien Encounter more (even more so, these days), where it would probably be accepted more 10 years after the introduction of a far scarier, in my opinion, Indiana Jones Adventure, which is to me, perhaps more terrifying than the Tower of Terror (in the dark with mummies, bugs, rats, fire, pits of bubbling death, a giant boulder, darts shootng at you, lighting on the walls, loud sounds, intense music...I digress). Point is, Indy would better prep Disneylanders for a scary attraction like Alien Encounter. Being the first especially scary attraction at WDW's Magic Kingdom kind of hurt it, especially for people like me that didn't find it that good to begin with--the feeling that it didn't belong in the Magic Kingdom only made it worse.

Sherm00

Hated it the first time a saw it. scary is one thing those harnesses is another. I think people would have enjoyed it more if the harnesses didn't lock you in your seat and people were free to move them and get comfortible. i think the origional would have gotten alot less bad press if it didn't have those harnesses. I saw it once and never went on again. It dosn't belong in the magic kingdom. I think stitch is a wonderful idea but if those harnesses are still there i think it will have the same effect as the origional, I know I will not go on it if those harnesses are still there.

ToTBellHop

Sherm00 said:
Hated it the first time a saw it. scary is one thing those harnesses is another. I think people would have enjoyed it more if the harnesses didn't lock you in your seat and people were free to move them and get comfortible. i think the origional would have gotten alot less bad press if it didn't have those harnesses. I saw it once and never went on again. It dosn't belong in the magic kingdom. I think stitch is a wonderful idea but if those harnesses are still there i think it will have the same effect as the origional, I know I will not go on it if those harnesses are still there.
they are still there...I always thought they were a cheap scare...and the broken harnasses were always a nice touch...the ones that would go down to your shoulders but fail to rise up a couple inches after making the final setting, thereby causing physical pain when they bobbed up and down. The seats with broken breathing or tongue effects were also a nice tough--made a mediocre experience even more boring. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I were afraid of the dark...

bgraham34

I can't agree with yall until I ride the Stich encounter myself. Change is sometimes good. So lets wait and see. But alot of changes Eisner made is not good. so i will wait and see till Dec.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom