Alien Encounter Cast

GeneralKnowledge

Original Poster
So I was just sucked into a session of surfing IMDB and ended up on Tim Curry's page. Remembering his performance as S.I.R. In Alien Encounter, I decided to scroll through and see if it was listed on IMDB. Low and behold it was. Upon further examination, I discovered that AE actually had quite a well known cast that I never really noticed before.

Hostess Alien - Tyra Banks
Overhead Worker - Phil Hartman
LC Clench - Jeffrey Jones (the principal from Ferris Buehler)
Spinlock - Kevin Pollack
Dr. Femus - Kathy Najimy (didn't know her name but recognized her from Sister Act)

I guess with all of the green face paint, I never really recognized these people before. In retrospect I guess I should've recognized Phil Hartman's voice.

Does this cast come as a surprise to any of you?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Tim Curry's performance of S.I.R. was amazing. Much respect to the late Phil Hartman, but the script wasn't as good.

draybook

Tyra Banks? Really? Random.

Kathy Najimy was in Hocus Pocus too, which was a Disney Production with Bette Midler and SJP. Man I haven't watched that in a while. Might have to dig it out.

Oh yeah, and Wall - E. She plays Mary!

Hocus Pocus is one of my wife's favorites of all time.

powlessfamily4

Tyra Banks? Really? Random.

Kathy Najimy was in Hocus Pocus too, which was a Disney Production with Bette Midler and SJP. Man I haven't watched that in a while. Might have to dig it out.

Oh yeah, and Wall - E. She plays Mary!

Kathy Najimy was also the voice of Peggy Hill on King of the Hill for 13 years.

I watched Hocus Pocus over Halloween and it was sooo great. I love that movie.

Cmdr_Crimson

This site has some really good images from the attraction with clear shots of the actors...
http://www.jerryrees.com/page8/page8.html

And don't forget you can still see L.C. Clench and XS Technology still in use at DisneyQuest's INVASION: An ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter..
DQ07.jpg
disney_quest_alien_sign.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

One thing I am also curious about this attraction is that it also states that George Lucas had his hand in this...But, From what tho? I'm still trying to figure this out..Indy & Star Wars stay and an Creative attraction gets scrapped...

dxwwf3

One thing I am also curious about this attraction is that it also states that George Lucas had his hand in this...But, From what tho? I'm still trying to figure this out..Indy & Star Wars stay and an Creative attraction gets scrapped...

It's my understanding that he didn't contribute a ton to the attraction.

And yes it seems creativity and park originality are things that are part of theme park past. Sure I love ultra themed lands that we are getting now from movie properties, but I do miss park specific stories for sure.

yeti

The thing I love about AE (and the real reason I think it was so dark) is the way it openly poked fun at the greed and seedy artificiality of customer relations in massive corporations.

The ego-driven boss...the phony presenters (Phil Hartman's especially)...the malfunctioning equipment...when you think about it, it's no wonder the ride only lasted as long as it did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom