Alice in Wonderland updates

gboiler1

I'm loving the splash of color the orange cones give!

Actually I thought we'd see another themed railing by now but perhaps not???

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think the biggest disappointment I have right now with the track as you see is it.. it's lost all the leaf effect.

Not the size as Castro whines.. but it's style/purpose! Before it was going leaf to leaf... now it looks like some patio coming off the castle and you go 'why is there some big patio here'?

gboiler1

Perhaps a new addition is they introduce hooka smoke from the caterpillar's pipe and you don't notice it as much anymore! ;):hungover:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Here you can see they are repainting some sort of leaf design. We will have to wait and see how it looks when they are done.

06-23-14-IMG_9740.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
Here you can see they are repainting some sort of leaf design. We will have to wait and see how it looks when they are done.

06-23-14-IMG_9740.jpg

Painting will not change the issue of MASS and the shape of the platform. They have started installing a decorated railing too

i-cKBBs6D-M.png

It's lost the lightweight look of it. They should have gone and try to redecorate it in some other aspect like.. a voyage in the trees or something.

gboiler1

The concept art might be pretty close to what they do. Of course it may appear one way to the viewer from afar and totally different to a rider. Here's hoping its aesthetic and fun!

sponono88

I kinda like it. Sure, I wish they would have left the original alone but if they were forced to change it, then this doesn't look too bad. I'll wait to see the finished product once the walls are removed and the final railings come in.

I'm just glad they're finally doing something.. the cheap tarp/scaffold setup they had prior to this was pretty embarrassing.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I kinda like it. Sure, I wish they would have left the original alone but if they were forced to change it, then this doesn't look too bad. I'll wait to see the finished product once the walls are removed and the final railings come in.

I'm just glad they're finally doing something.. the cheap tarp/scaffold setup they had prior to this was pretty embarrassing.

Agreed, it doesn't look bad at all. I'll take a widened "vine" over those atrocious tarps any day.

JediMasterMatt

Agreed, it doesn't look bad at all. I'll take a widened "vine" over those atrocious tarps any day.

The tarps never were the real eyesore for me. It was the painted plywood that really screamed apathy to me.

Glad to see this refub winding down. Hopefully the goodies on the inside will be worth the wait.

JediMasterMatt

except toad doesn't look like someone was trying to build their deck out of spare parts and pieces... that's what alice looked like :)

Toad is painted plywood but at least you can't see the texture. As Flynn said, it's like someone went and built the extended deck from whatever was on sale at Home Depot's odds and ends pile. Today on TLC's Trailer Park Treasures - Disney's new deck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom