Alice in Wonderland in 3-D?

sanaj2000

Original Poster
Just read that Disney is teaming up with Tim Burton to make Alice in Wonderland in 3-D (think Beowolf + live action). Production should wrap by next May.
This should be fun to watch.

Jose Eber

Does anyone else think Beowulf is going to bite? Or is it just me?

Alice in wonderland is a great story.

Tim Burton is kinda cool. Might be a nice film.

prberk

I would just remind them that Walt himself said that "Alice" flopped overall because it did not have heart. Digital technology won't affect that.

Paul

mitchk

I would just remind them that Walt himself said that "Alice" flopped overall because it did not have heart. Digital technology won't affect that.

Paul

Exactly, movies like Cinderella, and Snow White made money because they had heart, you felt for the charters. I personally don't care for Tim Burton, and I think Alice in 3-D is a bad idea overall :hammer:

darthjohnny

If Tim Burton is doing it, you know the film will focus more on the darker elements of the film (even though if you think about it, Alice in Wonderland might have a dark element or two to it, it'll be even darker with Burton behind it).

cruellafan

If Tim Burton is doing it, you know the film will focus more on the darker elements of the film (even though if you think about it, Alice in Wonderland might have a dark element or two to it, it'll be even darker with Burton behind it).

Yep and the book is darker than the original movie and a lot more like a bad acid trip so I think it's right up Tim Burton's alley. I think it would be cool to see but then I am a fan of the movie and the book.

k.hunter30

I remember hearing Tim Burton would be working on an Alice in Wonderland. Great match-up, in my opinion. Now who could Johnny Depp play... :lookaroun

Shere_Khan

I guess I am in the minority, but I absolutely love Disney's version of Alice in Wonderland. It's not as crazy as the book of course, but with good reason. I also love the book. We studied it quite a bit in a children's/youg adult lit class I had in college. Very interesting.

lilclerk

I guess I am in the minority, but I absolutely love Disney's version of Alice in Wonderland. It's not as crazy as the book of course, but with good reason. I also love the book. We studied it quite a bit in a children's/youg adult lit class I had in college. Very interesting.
It's my absolute favorite Disney movie AND book =) They're completely different though, and I can see a darker Tim Burton movie being made... I just don't think I'd like it.

Shere_Khan

It's my absolute favorite Disney movie AND book =) They're completely different though, and I can see a darker Tim Burton movie being made... I just don't think I'd like it.

I am not sure I would enjoy the Tim Burton version either. I like the lightheartedness and fun in the movie, rather then something that will be dark and possibly disturbing/scary.

k.hunter30

I am not sure I would enjoy the Tim Burton version either. I like the lightheartedness and fun in the movie, rather then something that will be dark and possibly disturbing/scary.
I always thought Disney's Alice in Wonderland was dark... But then Disney's Pinocchio always scared me too...:shrug:

Timmay

This would be a perfect fit...Tim Burton and Alice. Anyone remember the PC game American McGee's Alice? This is how I picture Burton doing it. I think I would enjoy that very much.

** Well, it lloks like the film adaptation of American McGee's Alice is set to be released in 2008...so I wonder if the world can handle two Alice movies within a year or two?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom