Alcohol at your resort pool?

real mad hatter

After reading about WDW rules about pool hopping being taboo,which I already knew,but in our last visit,two years ago,staying at PORS I had a beer at the main pool bar,but a few days later at our quiet pool there was a large family of about eight adults and lots of kids.They had this huge cooler box filled with ice and bottles of beer which they obviously brought in with them.Was this allowed or did they just take a chance.:shrug:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This could get ugly.

The anti-drinking folk are going to be very unhappy with the thought of people drinking and having fun whilst on vacation.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

This could get ugly.

The anti-drinking folk are going to be very unhappy with the thought of people drinking and having fun whilst on vacation.

bahaha :dazzle:

I agree that bottles and glass shouldn't be in the pool area because that could lead to an unfortunate accident if a bottle broke (and we all know that you don't ever get ALL of the pieces up off the ground).

Cans are fine though...so when we are planning to drink poolside, we normally pour our liquor into plastic color-coded thermos and bring a cooler with soda, and ice (we really do try to be discreet about it as to not upset any of the soccer mom's) and just drink mixed drinks out of our red solo cups...

Most of the deluxe pools have bars poolside anyway. So nobody should say anything.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

You're good to have whatever you'd like (within reason of course) as long as there isn't any glass near the pool. Many of the resorts sell alcohol poolside as well as in the gift shops.

Upvote 0

SulleyanBoo

Basically as long as there is no glass of any kind used to drink out of you should be all ok :wave:

I second this. We usually take a cooler with us on every trip and we sometimes will make our own mixed drinks in the room and put them in a plastic cup or buy plastic bottles..walmart target and publix should have them because the beers in the gift shops WILL cost you a pretty penny:)

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Basically as long as there is no glass of any kind used to drink out of you should be all ok :wave:

My guess is they probably don't want alcohol spilled in a pool where a child is swimming. As for hot tubs, you should NEVER drink beer or take medication while in a hot tub. Bad combo.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Most of the deluxe pools have bars poolside anyway. So nobody should say anything.

Every resort on property has a pool by the bar. But they all also have signs that no bottles are allowed by the pool or hot tub. I'm guessing it's the same everywhere, but I know for a fact that the sign at the Wilderness Lodge hot tubs says no beverages of ANY kind are allowed.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

My guess is they probably don't want alcohol spilled in a pool where a child is swimming. As for hot tubs, you should NEVER drink beer or take medication while in a hot tub. Bad combo.

You don't want glass shards going into someone's foot (walking) or eye (swimming) which is why no glass bottles are allowed around pools but cans are okay.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Every resort on property has a pool by the bar. But they all also have signs that no bottles are allowed by the pool or hot tub. I'm guessing it's the same everywhere, but I know for a fact that the sign at the Wilderness Lodge hot tubs says no beverages of ANY kind are allowed.

I guess you're right. We usually stay at WL and I am familiar with the other Deluxe resort pool areas as well so I was speaking from that. We've stayed at CBR and CSR a few times but usually stay over at the Quiet Pools...too many people at those themed pools for us and there aren't any bars at the quiet pools.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Cheers!

Glad this blog didn't get folk arguing as I was just wondering if the big family with the big cooler were breaking any WDW rule. To be quite honest,the only time I have a alcoholic drink is at the end of a night in our room,exceptions being when having a TS meal and order wine,or maybe a wee margarita in Epcot,or a small beer whilst watching " Off Kilter " at Canada,:eek:That's it,iam going tee total this year,unless the DF offers to buy me a cocktail :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

In all my years of going to WDW, I have never seen a single alcohol consumer on resort property ever be stopped, be it at the pool, walking down any pathway, or anywhere on resort property. I don't think there is a written rule about this, but I know that the Cast Members have very clearly been taught not to bother any adults imbibing.

The only exception is the use of glass near the pools. The only time I have witnessed anyone near a pool with glass bottles, the bartender from the bar (at WL) actually went up to the couple with the beer bottles and gave them clear plastic glasses to pour them into, then took the empty bottles.

Lets face it -- there are plenty of us that go to WDW to get away from the everyday rules of wherever we live...and WDW isn't going to stop any adults from doing that.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Cigarettes inside restaurants are against the law in Florida -- drinking alcoholic beverages is not....

Smoking in most areas at WDW is ALSO not permitted -- I'm not a smoker, but I have seen Cast Members stop people who are smoking in public areas where smoking is not permitted -- those same folks are NOT asked to put away their beverages....

Upvote 0
You'll be fine as long as there is no glass. I couldn't find my favorite beer in cans at the local Publix, so I got the bottles but poured it in a cup and immediately threw my bottles away. They appreciate that and won't mind at all if you bring your own, not at all.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Having a beer poolside does not violate a Florida state law. Smoking at a restaurant in Florida does.

Many restaurants in Florida have outside decks to sit at and eat - People smoke there.

The point I was trying to make is, just because it's Disney, it doesn't change the laws that exist in the real world simply because you're there to "get away from it." If they have a policy and it's posted, and you choose to fight them on it, guess who's going to win?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom