Alaskan Cruise!

dae_woods

Original Poster
:sohappy: So, just got back from our Honeymoon and we went on a 7 night Alaskan Cruise. Spectacular! What got me excited was that it was our first cruise and now we may turn out to be...cruise...people....... :shrug: Faster Disney Faster!

When in one of the towns, a guide was telling us how it was the first year in a long time that they were down in guests visiting, but that was projected to skyrocket next year when Disney! comes to town.

Our trip was magical and I can only imagine how much more magical Disney could make it. My reccomendation to anyone taking an Alaskan Cruise...Get a balcony! Sure there is so much to do on the ship but the views are breathtaking and you see whales every day! Why not have your own private vantage point?

Just my thoughts! Can any other Alaskan cruise takers comment or back me up? Opinions are wonderful!

Next Disney trip...February '11 - Wilderness Lodge Villas, Wife's First Trip!!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
:sohappy: So, just got back from our Honeymoon and we went on a 7 night Alaskan Cruise. Spectacular! What got me excited was that it was our first cruise and now we may turn out to be...cruise...people....... :shrug: Faster Disney Faster!

When in one of the towns, a guide was telling us how it was the first year in a long time that they were down in guests visiting, but that was projected to skyrocket next year when Disney! comes to town.

Our trip was magical and I can only imagine how much more magical Disney could make it. My reccomendation to anyone taking an Alaskan Cruise...Get a balcony! Sure there is so much to do on the ship but the views are breathtaking and you see whales every day! Why not have your own private vantage point?

Just my thoughts! Can any other Alaskan cruise takers comment or back me up? Opinions are wonderful!

Next Disney trip...February '11 - Wilderness Lodge Villas, Wife's First Trip!!

Sounds amazing :wave:

Any chance you have some pics to share??

Disneyfalcon

We'll be on a Disney cruise to Alaska next May!:sohappy:

We love Disney cruises, they do them so so well. I'm glad you had a great time!

My husband was stationed in Alaska for a year and we were able to visit him a few times. It is a truly gorgeous place.:)

mickeysshoes

My DH and i have been talking about taking this trip....want to do it Disney style but need to wait for the kids to be at a point where we dont have to take them along...jsut a couple more years!!! The air fair alone is killer so cut the kids and we will be able to do it and enjoy some sightseeing at each of the ports!!!! I cant wait!!! Pictures if you have some would be AWESOME!!!!

Hey BTW...congrats on the wedding!!!

Disneyfalcon

Mickeyshoes, many people in our party are going to fly into Seattle and take the train. Southwest flies into Seattle and the prices are so much cheaper than Vancouver.

jim1051

We are DVC members and you used to be able to cruise Alaska on Holland America. We did this in 2006. We wanted to go back but this exchange was discontinued.

Now we know why. Disney cruise lines is going there. We can't wait to do it again. Just a great time in SE Alaska.

How was your weather? Since it is a rain forest, the weather is often wet in summer.

mickeysshoes

Mickeyshoes, many people in our party are going to fly into Seattle and take the train. Southwest flies into Seattle and the prices are so much cheaper than Vancouver.

did not know that was an option....how long is the train ride??? Thanks very much for the info!!!! :wave:

Disneyfalcon

did not know that was an option....how long is the train ride??? Thanks very much for the info!!!! :wave:

You are very welcome! It's a 2-3 hours if memory serves. I could be remembering that wrong. It's not bad though. There's also a shuttle service that's pretty cheap. www.quickcoach.com. It's 4 hours I believe.

We're not sure which we're doing yet, I'm going to talk to the fam next weekend!:)

worldfanatic

Glad you had fun. I've been on 8 cruises, but never to Alaska, and never on Disney Cruise line. Hopefully that will change soon.:drevil:

My reccomendation to anyone taking an Alaskan Cruise...Get a balcony! Sure there is so much to do on the ship but the views are breathtaking and you see whales every day! Why not have your own private vantage point?

I agree, if you can afford the upgrade, a balcony enhances any cruise.
It's so nice to be able to step out and smell the ocean at any time.

popsicletrees

My husband and I actually did an Alaskan cruise in May for our honeymoon as well. We absolutely loved it! It was amazing waking up most mornings and seeing mountains surrounding you. We saw two whales out in the wild as well as some seals. This was also our first cruise, and we had absolutely no regrets about it! Here are some pictures from ports of call that the Disney Cruise Line will go to as well.

Juneau - the Mendenhall glacier:

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

Skagway - we took the White Pass and Yukon Route train ride. I highly recommend it.

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

Tracy Arm Fjord - we woke up at 4:30 AM to get these shots, but we are glad that we did. We even saw parts of the glacier fall into the water. It honestly sounded like thunder.

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

me_stitch

Premium Member
where will the cruise be starting from? if it starts in B.C. you can fly to Seattle and then catch a ferry to B.C. pulling into the harbor in B.C. is beautiful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom