Aladdin's Magic Carpets Rehab

zooey

Because Adventureland used to look pretty classy before the carpets. Water features, more foliage, more space to take in the atmosphere, because the carpets didn't block that whole side of the pavilion. So, yes, AL is better without the carpets. Sometimes less IS more.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Because Adventureland used to look pretty classy, before the carpets. Water features, more foliage, more space to take in the atmosphere, because the carpets didn't block that whole side of the pavilion. So, yes, AL is better without the carpets. Sometimes less IS more.

THIS :sohappy:

Deputyjc

Original Poster
I understand everyone's opinion, but this is a great ride for younger children. It may not "fit in", and the placement may suck, and it may be an eyesore, but I am looking forward to the look on my 2 1/2 y/o sons face when he gets to ride it. For me that is what Disney is all about, the enjoyment of a child's first trip to the House of Mouse.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Anyway, if carpets were indeed absent wouldn't Dumbo suffice? I mean, that's certainly the more classic and quintessential Disney attraction.[/QUOTE]

Yes...and it DID for many years before they ruined the vista and aura of Adventureland with that eyesore,

EPCOTCenterLover

The cartoonishness of the Carpets makes it the eyesore, and therefore, doesn't really enhance the Jungle theme of Adventureland. Just my opinion, of course.

Rook26

I, for one, am happy that they made this decision. We are going down with our little guy from Feb 26th - Mar 5th and with Dumbo down I was hoping they would keep the Magic Carpets going. I've never had any use for them until now since this will be our first trip with our son. But yeah, once Dumbo is back I could care less if this ride went away.

SCfireman

I understand everyone's opinion, but this is a great ride for younger children. It may not "fit in", and the placement may suck, and it may be an eyesore, but I am looking forward to the look on my 2 1/2 y/o sons face when he gets to ride it. For me that is what Disney is all about, the enjoyment of a child's first trip to the House of Mouse.

Deputy,

Thank you for posting your question about the carpets. I am glad they will be open for our trip later this month. My daughter is about the same age as your son. She has been visiting WDW since she is 6 months old. Seeing the expression on her face each time she goes and sees the castle, visits with the characters, or rides her favorite attractions (the carpets being one of them) is priceless. You will truly get a different perspective of the magic of Disney when you begin visiting the parks with your child.

The debate over the placement of the address is a subject for a different thread.

Thumbelina

Oh my! This is one of my favorite rides. It makes me want to cry to read all the hate about this. If Disney took away this ride I would be very heart broken. I dont understand all the hate for this ride. We are talking about the magic carpets not S.G.E. I hope it doesnt go under refer when I go there!

baymenxpac

i know i've weighed in on this before in other threads, but it seems there's a simple solution here:

1) take down the carpets and restore adventureland to the majestic beauty that it can be.
2) move the carpets to DHS.

there are two other spinners (three for capacity purposes, with the new dueling dumbos) in MK. DHS desperately needs a kid friendly ride. and aladdin fits with the themeing of movies better than what adventureland is supposed to be.

i think all parties would be happy with that.

ToTBellHop

i know i've weighed in on this before in other threads, but it seems there's a simple solution here:

1) take down the carpets and restore adventureland to the majestic beauty that it can be.
2) move the carpets to DHS.

there are two other spinners (three for capacity purposes, with the new dueling dumbos) in MK. DHS desperately needs a kid friendly ride. and aladdin fits with the themeing of movies better than what adventureland is supposed to be.

i think all parties would be happy with that.
I like the idea of moving it to DHS, but the only issue is where to put it. The only place it would really make sense is Animation Courtyard but I honestly don't believe it could fit there. They shouldn't use an expansion pad for something so small (it won't have the drawing power) and I don't think they should demolish Honey I Shrunk the Kids and waste that land on something so small.

That said, I actually like the ride in Adventureland. My wife and I find a ride on the magic carpet in Adventureland at night to be most romantic.

acishere

I'd rather they move the ride to DHS where it doesn't look out of place.

Though if it must stay in Adventureland, I'll forgive its existence if they add speakers to the carpets that play Steppenwolf while the ride is in motion. Then I'll actually ride it for once in my life.

RSoxNo1

An option in DHS is to put it behind the Animation Courtyard - there is plenty of room surrounding the Animation Courtyard, but easy access would require demo of some buildings.

By the removal of the cast member cafeteria they could create a path between the Animation Courtyard and Sunset Boulevard that connects the area to the left of Disney Junior to the Sunset Ranch Market.

Right now that's all backstage amenities. Unfortunately the largest expansion pad is blocked off by Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. This was the area that was used for ESPN the weekend in the past.

An aerial of the area can be found here:
http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=28.3584034&lon=-81.560483&z=18&l=0&m=b

flavious27

Does anyone know the status of the rehab of Aladdin's Magic Carpets? Several sites have a rehab from Feb 26 to Mar 10, but the official Disney site has nothing about a rehab. I would be very disappointed if both Aladdin and Dumbo were closed on our upcomming trip. Any info would be great.

It doesn't take that long to get rid of eisner's middle finger and cap the hole.

Neverland

Obviously you folks have not yet discovered the incredibly loose hydraulics on Carpets. It can be a fantastic thrill ride if you ride with someone who knows what they're doing! I'm a huge Carpets fan. It's my favorite ride, and I am absolutely serious about that. It's tons more fun than the other spinners.

Rasvar

I always thought they should have the camel randomly spitting at the carpet riders instead of people walking around. :p

Jim Handy

They really should have taken this spinner and the old Dumbo and moved them both to Storybook Circus. There are some folks within Disney who want the thing gone from Adventureland...sad they didn't prevail. The attraction is in poor shape with worn paint and a bit of rust and is definitely not fir for show. Desperately needs a refurb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom