"Aladdin" live action movie remake

Tony Perkis

I am looking forward to Rocketman but think Godzilla is to over the top for me. I grew up watching the old Godzilla movies on television but this one looks like it goes to far.
I’ll never pretend to be the biggest fan of the series. I see the films if I like the director.

I saw the American reboot because I liked Gareth Edwards’s Monsters.

Michael Dougherty? I’ll see anything he does.

Mike S

I’ll never pretend to be the biggest fan of the series. I see the films if I like the director.

I guess you could say I’m not the biggest fan either since I haven’t seen any of the Japanese films in my life. My personal experience with that version begins and ends with a game I had on Super Nintendo and a huge toy I had. I’ve only ever seen the American films and even though I know it’s hated by Godzilla purists I do enjoy the 1998 movie. It’s a good monster flick imo.

Some in my family didn’t like the approach the 2014 movie took but I actually liked how it went much like Jaws with not showing too much. Now though I’m ready for total carnage.

seascape

I agree with you on directors. I personally think that actors and actresses are way overrated. The story and the director are the key to a great movie. Then there is the type of movie. I like action adventure. comedy and dramas the best. I am not the biggest horror fan but can appreciate good ones. The original Godzilla movies were funny as their quality was horrible and as such are funny.

Mike S

I really enjoyed it. I found Princess Jasmine a much more realistic character. She showed her kindness at the beginning and strength at the end. Overall, it is a better story than the original.
You see this is where we differ. I think the original ending showed just as much if not more strength. Realizing Aladdin came back to take the lamp and that the Genie couldn’t actually make her fall in love with Jafar she improvised on the spot and used exactly what Jafar wanted against him. Idk to me that scene worked better than her just talking to a guard. It’s the type of on the spot thinking Aladdin does as well showing how even more of a good fit they are for each other.

Also she showed the same kindness in the beginning of the cartoon.

jt04

Depends how you define "home run."

If you mean "critical acclaim", well, that's measurable by tabulating the reviews of critics. In this regard, it struck out.

If you mean "financially successful to a great degree," well that's measurable by BO office receipts compared to expenses. And we don't know that yet. You don't. I don't. The total of it BO is in the future. We don't now if it will break even or go way beyond that point. So, under this definition of "home run", it has yet to be decided.

If you mean "it didn't fail like people said it would," then you don't understand the metaphor of "home run."

If you mean it gives you tickly feel-feels in your tummy... then it's a home run to you. And just you.

I consider a home run to be when Team Doomsayer is proven wrong yet again in the 9th inning.

We won't know how wrong until the rally is over. Bases are loaded and still no outs.

Mike S

Worthy of Team Doomsayer. It will be a great day when reason replaces rhetoric on the webz that is really just baseless propaganda. IMO.
You’re naive if you think it’ll ever go away. How about just ignoring people and not stooping to their level like an adult?

jt04

You’re naive if you think it’ll ever go away. How about just ignoring people and not stooping to their level like an adult?

Because uninformed people get caught up in the propaganda. It is good to help them see both sides. Just something I am compelled to do.

Indy_UK

Just got home from seeing Aladdin.

We absolutely loved it. Aladdin was charming, Jasmine was a more fleshed out character and I liked her story

I've never ever liked Will Smith as he hasn't been my cup of tea but loved him in this. So many laughs. I found Jafar a little weak but can look past it.

Easily the best of Disneys live action remakes

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom