"Aladdin" live action movie remake

BuddyThomas

Okay, I finally saw this tonight, and I have not read the past 20 pages, so I have no idea if this is a popular opinion or not....but i loved it.

It took me about 15 minutes to get into Guy Ritchie's rhythm, but after that, I was hooked. Prior to that, I was like, "what the hell is this??"

But then I just decided to go with it, and I had a fantastic time. It has action, adventure, spectacle, a great villain, fantastic cinematography, great actors, including a star turn for Naomi Scott, and all those classic songs by Alan Menken. I had no problem with Will Smith, and in fact, I thought he was phenomenal

And those CGI scenes turning him into a muscle god - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

BuddyThomas

PS - Again, can someone change the title of this thread from "Aladdin live action prequel" to something more appropriate, ya know, like, "Aladdin live action movie".....or whatever?

@The Mom , I don't know any other moderators on here, and sorry to bother you with this trivial matter when people are scorching the earth in other threads, but would you or someone else be able to alter this thread title to something reflecting the current discussion? Obviously, there was never an Aladdin prequel. This is all about the current Aladdin remake. And again, I realize this is completely trivial. Thanks, either way.

WowFactor

Watched last night!

I liked, It was good. My wife khows every song and could not hold herself at "A Whole New World" scene hahaha.

Our main complain: Jafar - The character didn't suit Marwan Kenzari well (the villain is waaaay more evil on the original movie).

Highest point was people actually cheering with joy at the end. Last time I saw it happening was at the first Avengers movie.

Last edited:

HoldenC

Boyfriend, his favorite Renaissance movie, and I just left and we loved every minute of the movie. The fluffing out of the royal family dynamic and the addition of Dahlia was a great choice. Our shared complaint was Jafar, what a terrible character he was in this version. Very much a weak wimp. Probably one of their best live actions.

Mike S

Anyone who denied the success of Aladdin now has to admit they were wrong. As of today Aladdin has crossed the 900 million dollar worldwide box office. It is now all but assured to gross 5 times its production cost of 183 million.
I made my peace with being in the minority that doesn’t like the movie long ago.

Jedijax719

The movie will end up between $340-$350 million domestic and between $960-$980 million WW. This has been one of the most interesting runs of all time, especially with the pre-release beating it took from social media.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Boyfriend, his favorite Renaissance movie, and I just left and we loved every minute of the movie. The fluffing out of the royal family dynamic and the addition of Dahlia was a great choice. Our shared complaint was Jafar, what a terrible character he was in this version. Very much a weak wimp. Probably one of their best live actions.
Our family liked it as well. We also felt like Jafar needed to be a rougher character. They should have gotten Machete (Danny Trejo) to fill that role.

Darkprime

I still need to get around to seeing this. But Its down to one showtime a day at my theater which makes it a bit difficult. I might do a double feature with Lion King if I can find the time.

Jedijax719

The biggest irony was that this movie made a lot of people roll their eyes about the whole idea of remakes getting out of hand. Lots of "why are they doing this?" and "they need to stop remaking these" yet The Lion King was going to save this whole remake thing one last time.

Then it was Aladdin that turned many of the naysayers around, applauding it and having fun with it. But yet, as we move to the release of TLK, it's THAT movie people are shaking their heads at and complaining about already. Not here, but elsewhere in the social media circles. Funny how things change.

Mike S

The biggest irony was that this movie made a lot of people roll their eyes about the whole idea of remakes getting out of hand. Lots of "why are they doing this?" and "they need to stop remaking these" yet The Lion King was going to save this whole remake thing one last time.

Then it was Aladdin that turned many of the naysayers around, applauding it and having fun with it. But yet, as we move to the release of TLK, it's THAT movie people are shaking their heads at and complaining about already. Not here, but elsewhere in the social media circles. Funny how things change.
I’m still more excited for Lion King. Seeing Aladdin only confirmed my suspicions not flip them.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Anyone who denied the success of Aladdin now has to admit they were wrong. As of today Aladdin has crossed the 900 million dollar worldwide box office. It is now all but assured to gross 5 times its production cost of 183 million.

Being successful doesnt always equal good. The Transformers movies say hello.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom