"Aladdin" live action movie remake

erasure fan1

See, this is why the whole “PC/SJW” stuff is often taken out of context.

When was there a lack of explanation in the plot? Who said people here have a problem with women?
Your coments were directly railing on the people who had a problem with Swans character. Not because they said they wanted more character development from her but because you are assuming we just want the damsel in distress. And that just isn't the case. Your comments weren't applicable to the argument. Did you say people have a problem with woman? No, but your comment sure seems to imply it. Otherwise you would have stuck to the actual complaint.

Californian Elitist

Your coments were directly railing on the people who had a problem with Swans character. Not because they said they wanted more character development from her but because you are assuming we just want the damsel in distress. And that just isn't the case. Your comments weren't applicable to the argument. Did you say people have a problem with woman? No, but your comment sure seems to imply it. Otherwise you would have stuck to the actual complaint.

Nope. If you go back to where it actually began, my comments stem from someone coming to wild conclusions about Jasmine’s character based on a magazine cover. That was the actual complaint before folks started talking about Pirates of the Caribbean.

Not sure how my comments imply people have a problem with women in general. My comments are very specific about certain issues regarding women, not women in general.

Agree to disagree. This is turning into a political topic, and I want nothing more to do with it. I no longer post in the Politics forum for a reason.

See the movie if you want. If you don’t, don’t waste your time and money.

Take care.✌🏾

Sped2424

The new film looks interesting! I hope they give it a bollywood esk feel when it comes to the big song numbers! From what I have seen the costumes are very lovely!

Sped2424

I especially like the steely-eyed look Jasmine is attacking us with. Letting us know that she's all WOKE and stuff. Christ. I smell another Elizabeth Swann here. A woman who excels at all things because I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR, no other reason or logic needed. A sheltered, pampered princess who will no doubt out-street-rat the street rat and who can grant her OWN wishes, thank you!

Yech and PASS.
...This is...A reach LOL

Tick Tock

Just glanced over the last few pages real quickly, and all the debating over Elizabeth Swann getting a cameo because of Jasmine being a feminist or something. So apologies if this has been asked before, but how exactly is this a prequel? From the released photos and trailer, it looks like a straight-up remake.

Princess Leia

Just glanced over the last few pages real quickly, and all the debating over Elizabeth Swann getting a cameo because of Jasmine being a feminist or something. So apologies if this has been asked before, but how exactly is this a prequel? From the released photos and trailer, it looks like a straight-up remake.
It’s not, the title of the thread was made when there was talk of a prequel. It’s a live action remake.

Princess Leia

Soooooo... Jafar is hot now and my sister and I really struggled a lot with this.

Gone is the Sultan line “You’re so... old.”

And if Jasmine kisses him in the final battle scene, probably won’t be as cringeworthy.

My two cents.

Sped2424

We should change the thread title though you raise a good point!

NateD1226

TheDisInsider:
CC994A15-8770-4A73-B068-B3ECACCBB310.png

Tick Tock

Well, I can see this movie has already rectified one plot hole from the animated version:
Why on earth did Jafar need to dress-up as that old hermit in order to bring Aladdin to the Cave Of Wonders? I mean, think about it. He was planning to kill him anyway after the lamp was retrieved, so what's the point?

lazyboy97o

CGI looks terrible. 😬

And with 3 months until release, I don't think it'll get better.
Bad CGI isn’t too unusual in trailers and a lot can happen in 3 months.

Well, I can see this movie has already rectified one plot hole from the animated version:
Why on earth did Jafar need to dress-up as that old hermit in order to bring Aladdin to the Cave Of Wonders? I mean, think about it. He was planning to kill him anyway after the lamp was retrieved, so what's the point?
To not be seen by others?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom