AKV - Kidani village

elabron

Just switched us from a "pirate" room at CBR to AK Villas - Kidani Village, 1 BR Villa.

The pics I've seen online and the separate bedroom for the wife and I sold me on it....the kids are excited about the water-play area.

Anyone stayed there and have any tips/suggestions/reviews? :shrug:

Gracias!

LEAVING IN 7 DAYS! :sohappy:

kbmum

We stayed there last summer and absolutely loved it! I would have liked a quick service restaurant, but the gift shop and pool both have some food and a drink station. The food at Sanaa is excellent, though pricey. You can also eat at The Mara at Jambo House.

The Animal Kingdom Lodge bus serves both KV and Jambo. All buses except for the Downtown Disney bus pick up first at KV, then go to Jambo, then head to a park. The Downtown Disney bus will stop at Jambo first, then KV. This is done so that AKL guests can go to both resorts without dealing with a half-mile walk. So, if you want to eat at The Mara in Jambo House, you'd take any park bus to Jambo House, and to go back to KV, you can take a Downtown Disney bus.

You'll have a lot of room in a one-bedroom and having two full bathrooms makes things easier. The kitchen is really nice. We prefer to cook most of our own meals, so we get a delivery from Garden Grocer. Even if you don't want to cook a lot, it can be very convenient to make breakfast in the room -- you'll get out the door quicker, especially with kids. The gift shop has frozen waffles, bread, eggs, milk, and more.

The water play area is great! We had a blast with the fort and water cannons. There were days that my kids would have preferred to play there instead of going into one of the parks. :)

If you hit some bad weather and the kids are getting bored, there's a community room with video games, pool table, foosball, board games, and lots of very reasonably-priced crafts. It also has a large balcony overlooking the savannah.

Depending on the ages of your kids, they might be interested in story time or other activities. You'll get a list of them when you check in. There's a really nice observation area at the back of the lobby. The animal guides were very knowledgeable and told us lots of interesting facts about the animals and facilities.

I hope you have a great time!

Upvote 0

lives4disney

wow thats abig switch. Hve dvc at Kidana Villge. Went in august back dec. 3rd Love it! hope you got a savannah view. Only downside no food court or lounge

I was going to mention that....a good friend just got back from staying at Kidani Village...she said it's a HIKE to anything.

Maybe do a Garden Grocer order so you have some drinks/snacks...the basics - in your kitchen.

Enjoy,
Lives4Disney

Upvote 0

elabron

Original Poster
We usually make a stop at Gooding's or Winn Dixie on the way in, so I'll be sure to stock up on soda, juice, snacks and eggs.....my 2 yr old requires "cramba'd eggs" for breakfast each morning. :D

As for being remote from everything......I'm actually kind of excited about that fact. Kidani looks like the type of place that my kids may just want to skip the parks and hang out at the resort for a day or two.
The water play area has them excited

Upvote 0

dznygirl64

We stopped in to have a look around in May and the place was empty.The pool area was nice little or no shade.They where playing bingo for the guests at the pool with some great prizes.I would find another store other than Goodings very expensive and dirty.We stopped at Albertsons off the Greenway on OBT (orange blossom trail )This trip, very nice store clean and low prices.Albertsons are the parent company of Jewel food stores here in the midwest.We just picked up Mountain Dew and some sun tan lotion.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Somewhat related questions. I know there are some various "Value" DVC accommodations at the AKL, in Studio 1 and 2BR units. They are smaller than the standard units. First of all, I'm assuming they are all converted from original AKL rooms and are thus all in Jambo House? And according to allears.net, about half of these value accommodations still have savannah views. Can anyone else confirm? And if so, if there are particular rooms or blocks of rooms to try to request?

I was thinking that it may make our points go a little longer, next time we go, if we could get a Value 1BR. We're a couple with a baby, so even though these rooms are smaller than a standard 1BR, I suspect they'll be big enough for our needs, and still give the grownups any necessary privacy at night. I know there will only be the one bathroom (non-Value units, I believe, have an added half-bath?), but that should be fine for now. And if there's even a fighting chance of getting a savannah room, that could be a big plus. Plus, if these units are all in Jambo House, it won't be as much of a trek to get to the Mara. I'd rather be close to the mara and the original pool, and bus to the newer pool when we want to use it, than vice versa.

Upvote 0

islesgirl

I stayed at Kidani Village this past summer. It is a beautiful resort. The kid's water play area is great. My friends and I (all in our mid 20s) were playing in there because it was so much fun, haha, plus the pool has a really fun slide.

As other mentioned, there is no food court in that part of the resort, but in all honesty, i didn't find the walk over to Jambo house to be that bad. Compared to all the other walking you do in Disney, the 5 minute walk to Jambo house is nothing.

Also as someone else mentioned, the rooms have 2 bathrooms, which amazing, and makes getting out of the room in the morning so much easier! You will love the resort! Have fun!!

Upvote 0

ligarced

We just got back and stayed in a Value 2 bedroom. All the values are at the Jambo house. We had a room that looked over the pool. It was very nice. I don't know if any look over the Savannah. We had 6 people with us and there was more then enough room for all of us. My kids loved having their own room, so did my husband and me. We really didn't see a difference with a value though. Plus we were able to stay an extra day because they were less points.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom