AKV Concierge....worth it??

Pippa

Original Poster
Just looking toward next years trip and am thinking about 10 days rather than my usual 14 as I'll be going solo. Turns out I'll have enough points for a studio with concierge. What am I getting exactly and is it worth it??

Thanks in advance for the thoughts.....

pax_65

I don't know the answer to your question, but I learned recently that AK concierge is VERY tough to get. So somebody out there must like it!

Good luck!

There are only 5 studios and 5 1-bedrooms at conciege level. Yes, it's really hard to get. I called at 9 AM on my 11-month out date and made an error in my request. When I realized my error and called back, at 9:10, I couldn't get 2 studios. I have a 1-bedroom and 1 studio booked for the 3 nights I need next August. I'm on a waiting list for the other studio and have been since 9:15 AM of that day.

What you're getting is more of a regular room experience with turn-down service, robes, chocolates, etc...

You have breakfast offerings that are wonderful, afternoon snacks, evening appetizers from Boma and Jiko, South African wines and beers, later evening cordials and deserts. Other offerings are available whenever you ask. The concierge staff is there to help you. I put a short video of the evening dessert offerings on youtube. Search Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge August 2010.
If you are the type of person who likes to be in the park at opening and stay until closing, this is not for you. If you'd like a few days to take it easy and enjoy the resort while doing a few hours in a park in between cocktails, you'll like it.
We usually spend our first 3 days at AKL before heading over to the BWV and a much busier schedule. Whatever floats your boat, enjoy!

tjkraz

any 5th floor DVC room can be upgraded to concierge w/6th floor privileges. there are only 10 rooms on the 6th floor is all.

Not true. DVC is contractually able to only provide concierge lounge access to the 5 units on the 6th floor. That is stated in the Public Offering Statement.

There may have been instances where a guest on the 5th floor was granted access due to a maintenance issue or other mix up. However, DVC cannot arbitrarily decide to allow more members book concierge accommodations, nor can they permit members to purchase a concierge add-on outside of the points realm.

Daddio

WDWMAGIC Sponsor
It is definately worth doing once. Keep in mind that the club level rooms don't have a real good view of anything so do it for the experience, not the views.

David

Pippa

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies, I think I will treat myself to the club level as I'll be going solo, it'll save money on snacks, breakfast and wine!

gwhb75

Totally worth it. We stayed there four nights in October and it was fantastic. The continental breakfast was a great way to start the day, and a warm drink at night before bed was nice. Having a dedicated concierge desk for only 10 rooms was great too. Turn down service was nice. The whole thing makes you feel like you're someone important.

tampabrad

Not a DVC member but have stayed in a regular room at AKL club.

I am not one to spend all day at the parks so it was a great amenity. I am also not a big breakfast eater so the offerings they had were great for me. Quick grab of juice (awesome) and a danish is perfect. Lunch wasn't all that impressive. Dinner was great as I usually eat dinner late. Nice to grab a snack and a wine or beer before heading out for the night.

Better than the food, was the service. It is awesome to have the staff there to help. We extended our stay and were able to get ADRs where we wanted last minute. I highly recommend it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom