AKL to close until Sep 1st??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wen-tom

I have just read this news on mousesavers... does anyone have any confirmation from disney? i know they have been moving people who were due to stay soon but there has been no mention of a shut down until now?? :veryconfu

AEfx

I can't confirm it, but I trust MouseSavers absolutely. If you click on the link there, it gives a bit more detail - it seems Disney is putting people up at more expensive digs instead.

From MS :

The temporary closure is due to disruption caused by the construction of Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas units within the main structure of the Lodge. Apparently the disruption was greater than anticipated and Disney has decided to move guests rather than inconvenience them during their stays.

Of all the sites that post information, MouseSavers is probably the most trusted in my eyes - they really don't post rumors, only things they have verified. If it turns out to be a hoax I will be surprised.

AEfx

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
I've heard the same thing. We've got one email in particular from a reader who doesn't want to be moved to SSR. No word on whether the restaurants will be open.

Upvote 0

wen-tom

Original Poster
I have heard stories that people have been moved to SSR and given $'s. Some people have refused SSR and have managed to get Poly or WL at AKL rates...

It must be very noisy for them to go to this trouble!

Upvote 0

WeLComeHomE OKW

umm...SSR is more expensive then those other resorts. For a two bedroom in old key west (if you are not vacation club that is), it costs 610 a night during the summer.

SSR uses up more vacation club points, which means it would most likely cost more money to stay at.

Now, im no expert, but if WL and Poly cost more then that....HOLY COW.

Upvote 0

die2yourways

so what should i do

i'm staying at the animal kingdom in mid july and i don't want to bother with this construction stuff, but the disney reps are saying it's not that big of a deal and that i should be fine. any advice from anyone? i called and they didn't act like they wanted to move me at no charge. thanks alot

jt

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Ask to speak to guest services when you call, tell them about your concerns and make sure they know that you know that they're moving other people - so it obviously IS a problem.

Upvote 0

KHockett

So as far as the restaurants go, I have a ADR at Boma on July 24th - will they call me or do I have to check myself if it will still be open - it is for my parent's 40th anniversary - and if it won't work, I want to rebook something else.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Officially...

In an effort to accelerate the construction time-line and complete the Villas earlier then planned, portions of the resort will be temporary closing.

Construction work is scheduled to occur during the daytime hours. Guest visiting our Theme Parks and other entertainment venues away from the Resort should not experience much of an impact. Guest planning to remain at the resort during the day enjoying the pool, restaurants or lounging in the lobby may see/hear construction equipment and staff.

Unofficially...

Mousesavers is notorious for posting incorrect or incomplete information. Walt Disney World Resort is not responsible for information published on unauthorized websites. For the most accurate information, please refer to our official WDW websites at www.disney.go.com or www.disneyworld.com.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Officially...

In an effort to accelerate the construction time-line and complete the Villas earlier then planned, portions of the resort will be temporary closing.

Construction work is scheduled to occur during the daytime hours. Guest visiting our Theme Parks and other entertainment venues away from the Resort should not experience much of an impact. Guest planning to remain at the resort during the day enjoying the pool, restaurants or lounging in the lobby may see/hear construction equipment and staff.

Unofficially...

Mousesavers is notorious for posting incorrect or incomplete information. Walt Disney World Resort is not responsible for information published on unauthorized websites. For the most accurate information, please refer to our official WDW websites at www.disney.go.com or www.disneyworld.com.

Thank you for the information JP!

Upvote 0

tecowdw

Officially...

Unofficially...

Really?
I know your information is "official" but I haven't found Mousesavers to be "notorious" for wrong information. I'd be curious as to what instances you have come across that site being wrong so often.
:shrug:

Upvote 0

MouseSavers

Mousesavers is notorious for posting incorrect or incomplete information.

Wow. Really. I'd love to hear some specific examples of this.

I'm not infallible, but in the 6 1/2 years I've been running MouseSavers.com, I can't think of more than two articles I've published that later proved to be in error. In fact, both were partly correct, and the portions that were incorrect were fixed in less than an hour.

But I'm on the edge of my seat to learn more about my "notoriety" -- do share.

I stand by my AKL story, which by the way has evolved during the day. I recommend reading the actual article on my site, instead of the partial cut-and-paste posted on this thread, which is now somewhat outdated.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Really?
I know your information is "official" but I haven't found Mousesavers to be "notorious" for wrong information. I'd be curious as to what instances you have come across that site being wrong so often.
:shrug:

>>Personal Opinion Only<<

First let me apology for my strong wording. I did not intend to single out Mousesavers.com as a bad source of information. To answer your question...

Mousesavers.com (and some other "fan" sites) have in the past posted codes before their release, posted codes that are not released to the general public, posted possible ways to cheat the system and other loopholes in Disney policy. Many incomplete or incorrect postings on mousesavers.com are revised shortly thereafter, but not before they are seen by hundreds of potential Guests. Personally one should take information posted on any "fan" site with a grain of salt, as unofficial information. Use it to your benefit, but don't always trust it as official. Do to its popularity, some Guests I have spoke with in the past don't feel that way, thinking mousesavers.com is an official website and Disney is required to honor anything they post. I am in no way stating one should not believe anything posted on that website, but just as with this site (wdwmagic.com), the information is unofficial. One should not fully trust any information posted on any "fan" sites until it is also posted on the official Disney site.

Also please note, when I post "Officially..." I am simply posting policies and approved spiels as I would tell any Guest calling the Disney Reservation Center asking the same questions. I post here on my own accord and am not officially representing the Company in any way on this forum.

:wave: I just like you guys and gals and want to make your vacation just a little more magical! :wave:

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:​

Upvote 0

Unplugged

But I'm on the edge of my seat to learn more about my "notoriety" -- do share.

Mary...I'd be curious too :)veryconfu) as you have good content. Anyway, if there is anything we've learned from the recent celebrity press (not specifically Paris or Rosie :zipit:), it's that notoriety, good/bad/or ugly, is free press and makes people curious. Hopefully your "notoriety" works in your favor. Good luck on that! :wave:

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
>>Personal Opinion Only<<

First let me apology for my strong wording. I did not intend to single out Mousesavers.com as a bad source of information. To answer your question...

Mousesavers.com (and some other "fan" sites) have in the past posted codes before their release, posted codes that are not released to the general public, posted possible ways to cheat the system and other loopholes in Disney policy. Many incomplete or incorrect postings on mousesavers.com are revised shortly thereafter, but not before they are seen by hundreds of potential Guests. Personally one should take information posted on any "fan" site with a grain of salt, as unofficial information. Use it to your benefit, but don't always trust it as official. Do to its popularity, some Guests I have spoke with in the past don't feel that way, thinking mousesavers.com is an official website and Disney is required to honor anything they post. I am in no way stating one should not believe anything posted on that website, but just as with this site (wdwmagic.com), the information is unofficial. One should not fully trust any information posted on any "fan" sites until it is also posted on the official Disney site.

Also please note, when I post "Officially..." I am simply posting policies and approved spiels as I would tell any Guest calling the Disney Reservation Center asking the same questions. I post here on my own accord and am not officially representing the Company in any way on this forum.

:wave: I just like you guys and gals and want to make your vacation just a little more magical! :wave:

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:​

I really dont see the need for an apology. You do a very good job of providing the bottom line, which is Disney's policy and guidelines. I for one appreciate your input on this site.

Upvote 0

mprewitt

I stand by my AKL story, which by the way has evolved during the day. I recommend reading the actual article on my site, instead of the partial cut-and-paste posted on this thread, which is now somewhat outdated.
Mary
MouseSavers.com

Mary, I think the original posting on your web site clearly stated that the AKL would be "essentially closed". That was a bit misleading, and caused quite a stir on several WDW-related forums. It's always somewhat difficult to get the real story from Disney, so we all rely upon "fan" web sites for the latest news.

The real story is that the resort is not fully shutting down. It is just that the number of available rooms is greatly reduced due to the construction.

I'm glad you revised your original posting.

Upvote 0

romiti

This is a big surprise -- I'm booked at AKL for late August, and am now wondering if I should wait for Disney to contact me, or if I should be proactive and get in touch with them to sort all of this out. Also, what dictates where a guest would be relocated? I'd personally prefer, say, the Poly to SSR, but I'm wondering just how 'accomodating' Disney will be in this situation...:shrug:

Upvote 0

MouseSavers

So what you're saying is, without permission from your employer, you take it upon yourself to post internal Disney documents and policies on a public message board, and label them "official."

Sounds like career suicide to me, but hey, it's your funeral. :shrug:

MouseSavers.com has never pretended to be an official Disney site. Indeed, there is a disclaimer on every single page of my site to that effect.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Upvote 0

Iakona

I really dont see the need for an apology. You do a very good job of providing the bottom line, which is Disney's policy and guidelines. I for one appreciate your input on this site.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

So what you're saying is, without permission from your employer, you take it upon yourself to post internal Disney documents and policies on a public message board, and label them "official."

Sounds like career suicide to me, but hey, it's your funeral. :shrug:

MouseSavers.com has never pretended to be an official Disney site. Indeed, there is a disclaimer on every single page of my site to that effect.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

No offense, but he said "approved policies and spiels." So that would mean this is what he is authorized to tell people calling in (as he also said). He also, very clearly stated, that callers basically assumed that mousesavers was an official site; he never accused you in any way pf presenting yourself as official. His point that your site, wdwmagic and others is unofficial should in no way be offensive.

JP has always provided great information to wdwmagic users and his advice is welcome, accurate and much appreciated by me and others.

Thanks for joining WDWMAGIC; enjoy your stay.:wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom