AKL - Standard View vs Savanna View

pianofrost

Hello,
My wife and I are thinking about planning our first trip to disney this year (YIPPY) and really interested in AKL. However, we couldn't decide if we should go with a standard view or a savanna view. Is the savanna room worth the extra money? do you really get to see more animals or do you just about see the same things in some of the standard room? are there any rooms that we should try to avoid that wouldn't have a good view or are there any rooms/ areas of AKL that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance for sharing your great and mighty knowledge.
Pianofrost.

DisGal

My husband and I definitely think savanna view rooms are worth the extra money and we wouldn't stay at the AKL without one. To us that is one of the main reasons to stay there. You cannot see animals from standard view rooms - only parking areas or rooftops.

Upvote 0

disneenut

We have stayed at AKL twice now, an will soon stay a third in December 2010.

The first two times we have had savanna rooms. We LOVE the views that they offer, and coming "home" from long days at the parks its really relaxing to watch the animals. BUT on our next trip we decided to book at standard room (at least for now) we figured we would not be at the room very much on this trip and the fact that we have done the savanna view twice we could live without it at this point. (not to mention you save mucho $$$ by booking standard)

As for you, I would suggest for your first trip BOOK A SAVANNA ROOM, You will not regret it! I enjoy sitting on the balcony and listening to the animals... its really addicting.

Enjoy your first trip!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

bamillerpa

If you can afford it there is nothing like sitting out on your balcony and watching the animals. It's not like anything else you have ever done! It's not like you can watch any of these animals outside your window at home. It's definitely worth the experience. If you get a chance ask for the night goggles. Last I knew they were free but limited in how many they had.

Upvote 0

jeffk410

Savannah view is unbelievable. I would never do anything but it. Its worth every penny.
I cant express my love for this resort and the detailed lobby.

Upvote 0

jmpresney

Do not stop, do not pass go, do not collect 200$, get the savanna view. It is magical. I am a Poly loyalist, but after staying in one of the savanna rooms on my last trip, I'm not sure that I don't consider myself a convert. After a long day at the parks, there is nothing like sitting on the balcony and watching the animals and the sunset before heading to a great meal at Jiko or Boma. You will love it. As a side note, do some research as to where you want to stay savanna-wise. Different rooms present different views. Also, the floor of the room matters as well. It is all total preference; I wouldn't say that one is better than the other. It just depends what you would like. I enjoyed being on a lower floored room and closer to the animals; others I talked to like the elevated rooms. HAVE FUN!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hello,
My wife and I are thinking about planning our first trip to disney this year (YIPPY) and really interested in AKL. However, we couldn't decide if we should go with a standard view or a savanna view. Is the savanna room worth the extra money? do you really get to see more animals or do you just about see the same things in some of the standard room? are there any rooms that we should try to avoid that wouldn't have a good view or are there any rooms/ areas of AKL that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance for sharing your great and mighty knowledge.
Pianofrost.

Savannah view all the way. It's a great view!!! I hope to have the pleasure of staying there soon (it's not on DH's must do list) but I have had friends who have and saw their pics and it was amazing!

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

AKL is my favorite resort and there is NO WAY I would pay extra money for a Savannah View room. Not a chance. There are a TON of viewing spots all over the resort to look at the animals. We have stayed in a Savannah View room before, but only because we were given that room at a Standard View price. I think it's a huge rip off, but to each their own.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
For a trip to AKL-JAMBO without kids, I definitely agree that savannah view is the best. These are great for "unhurried, not distracted by children" guests.
Don't misunderstand, children love the animals too, but they can have great views from Arusha rock and the observation areas while they are on the run.

We have stayed in savannah views three times; wouldn't consider anything else.

If you are on a special "no kids/no grandkids trip", go for it--book savannah view! Enjoy your coffee and newspaper on the balcony with the animals.:animwink:

Upvote 0

CinderellyKelly

Savannah View no doubt. My husband and I stayed in one for our honeymoon last September and it was wonderful. It's truly like you never leave the park. It was amazing to walk out on the balcony at 10pm at night or even 8 am and look outside to see what animals were out.

If you are absolutely exhausted one afternoon, and can't make it into a park, you don't feel like you are missing anything. You can just stay in your pj's and sit on your balcony! Hope you enjoy!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom