AKL Standard Concierge???

palmage

I was recently planning for January visit and found out AKL has "standard" concierge.
Does anyone know anything about this? Where will the rooms be?
Disney Reservations wasn't too helpful on this subject.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The concierge rooms are located on the 5th and 6th floors of the resort. What do you mean by "standard" concierge. They have 1 concierge lounge that is located on the 6th floor. It's called the Kilamanjaro Club. It's my favorite concierge on Disney property.

Pam

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Just went to WDW's site. Unless I miss my guess, "standard" concierge means just that, standard rooms on the concierge floor, as opposed to any of the concierge suites. You would get all the available concierge amenities, but you're in a room and not a suite.

Either that, or they could be rooms anywhere in the Lodge (as opposed to the concierge floors), but you would still have access to the concierge services. Not ever having been to the concierge floor, I don't know if it is seemingly open to the public, or if it's in an enclosed room you need your key to open. If it's the latter, I'd guess, no matter where your room actually is, your key would be able to open the concierge floor.

Upvote 0

palmage

Original Poster
The concierge rooms are located on the 5th and 6th floors of the resort. What do you mean by "standard" concierge. They have 1 concierge lounge that is located on the 6th floor. It's called the Kilamanjaro Club. It's my favorite concierge on Disney property.

Pam

No they said "standard" rooms not the 5th & 6th floor deluxe concierge/club rooms.

I've stayed Concierge Pool View on the 6th floor at least 5-6 times and absolutey love it.

It was a rack rate of $325.00 vs. $435.00 per night. They couldn't tell me where they'd be (they couldn't even tell me if they were savannah view). Or if they're adding standard rooms because they're taking deluxes for the AKL DVC

I've since booked a passholder deluxe for about the same price.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I called to check and this is the scoop. For 2007 they will be offering the standard savannah/poolview rooms for concierge. They are smaller rooms and that they will most probably be on the 4th floor under the current 5th floor concierge deluxe rooms. The 5th floor deluxe concierge rooms will be going to the DVC sometime next year.

So that is why they will be having the standard concierge next year. You learn something new every day.:lol:

Pam

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

While Pam is 100% correct, let me add...

A Standard Room -Kilamanjaro Club room is 344 sq feet, a Deluxe Room - Kilamanjaro Club room is 381 sq feet. All room amenities are the same.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom