AKL pool waterslide

Candyapple

Hi everyone! Just wondering if there are any restrictions for the hotel waterslide. I am asking because my 5 yr. old (will be turning 5 while there) cant swim. She wears wings to float. Will she be allowed to ride with me or can I be waiting for her near the drop?
She can swim and reach a certain point with the wings on, but not without. Will they let her on at all?

Just wondering because back in 97, we were at Carribean Beach resort with our first daughter and she wasnt allowed to ride with me. I don't think they let her ride with wings, but don't remember well.

Thanks!
Terry:confused:

The Mom

Premium Member
I don't think you're allowed to ride together; I did see the lifeguard at Stormalong Bay tell a parent he couldn't.

The slide isn't terribly long, so it might not be a problem for you to go first and wait at the bottom (to one side)

The hotels provide lifejackets; I don't know if they allow water wings on the slides. (Living in Florida, and married to a former lifeguard and competitive swimmer, my children were all swimming before they were out of diapers, so I've never used flotation devices for them, except when boating or swimming in the river.)

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I think the length of slides really determine the rules. I know at the bigger slides like The Kiester Coaster and Storm Along Bay don't allow it. But at Port Orleans French Quarter there was no one watching and there were people going down the slow slide with their kids and there were also kids wearing floaties. AKL has a small slow slide as well from what I have seen, so there should be no problem really with her going down with you. If she can not go down with you, she will most likely be allowed to go with the floats on her arms, and then you can just catch her at the end (the slide drop area is only 3 or 3 1/2 feet).

Hope this helped.

Upvote 0
I bet each hotel has their own rules on this. In our experiences at Wilderness Lodge, I could not take my nephew down with me, but he could go down with a lifejacket on and after a while, I didn't even have to wait at the bottom of the slide anymore. He'd just doggy-paddle over with the lifejacket keeping him out of the water -- he was almost 6 when we took him last. He loved it!

Upvote 0

Candyapple

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! Im glad its only about 3.5 feet deep. Thats not bad. I think she'll do just fine without me. Thanks again.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

mkymaus

Account Suspended
The hotels give you lifevests for free during your whole stay, so you just have to rent it with your key card and you can keep it the whole time. Also, if you go to the water parks, you can rent them there too for a small fee which I belive you get back after you return it. You cannot bring a vest from the hotel to the waterparks...you must use thiers. But they have worked wonders for my kids in the past.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom