Akershus or Cinderella's Royal Table?

fireworksandfairytales

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Apologizing in advance in case this question has been posed somewhere else, but I was just wondering for those of you who have eaten at the two restaurants, which one do you prefer? Also, on the website it says that Ariel is one of the possible princesses featured at both. For those of you that have eaten at either is she usually there? And are the princesses only at breakfast or other meals too? I've never done a princess character meal before, so I'm just interested in your opinions on it. Thank you :)

disneysince71

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but at CRT, you don't get princesses at dinner -- just the photo with Cinderella (the Fairy Godmother and some mice host the dinner). At Akershus, it's all princesses, all the time.
NOOOOO!!!! is that true!!!!! We are booked for dinner on April 1st!!!! :(

BigRedDad

I can only speak for Akershus. It is about 5-6 Princesses which could include a very proper Mary Poppins (who insisted it was not lady like for young girls to stand on their chair to hug a princess). I have been there twice. Both times Belle is there only for the pictures and parade. Ariel, Cinderella, Mulan, Mary Poppins, Aurora were there.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but at CRT, you don't get princesses at dinner -- just the photo with Cinderella (the Fairy Godmother and some mice host the dinner). At Akershus, it's all princesses, all the time.
I will correct you. ;) We were there a year ago and you get an audience with Cinderella in the downstairs throne room pictures and autographs. Then you go upstairs to the dining room, in the dining room there are 4 princesses who rotate the tables. There is also a special wishing ceremony and all the girls get magic wands and the boys get swords.

1900 Park Faire's Cinderella meal is just Cinderella characters. Cinderella, Prince and the step family.

All the princess meals have 5 characters.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I guess I should answer the OP. We like CRT and have been going for years just for the food. I loved the Shepherd's Pie! We used to do lunch which was non-character, in the past few years they went to princess all day. Last year was our first time doing the character part. We really enjoyed it but it is a lot more expensive then Akershus and harder to get into. You are paying a premium mostly for eating in the castle. The food is good and the kids get a "free" wand or sword.

The real choice for me is which Princess does your DD have to meet. You are only guaranteed Belle at Akerhus and Cinderella at CRT. If one of those two is a must meet I would choose her restaurant. Also when we met Belle at CRT she was in her normal Blue dress she is in her ball gown at Akerhus. I've also heard Belle is no longer appearing at CRT since the FLE opened. The other 4 princess you will meet at each are a toss up but Ariel is a regular at both.

Weather_Lady

I will correct you. ;) We were there a year ago and you get an audience with Cinderella in the downstairs throne room pictures and autographs. Then you go upstairs to the dining room, in the dining room there are 4 princesses who rotate the tables. There is also a special wishing ceremony and all the girls get magic wands and the boys get swords.

1900 Park Faire's Cinderella meal is just Cinderella characters. Cinderella, Prince and the step family.

All the princess meals have 5 characters.

My apologies -- I did some more digging online. There was a time when they didn't have princesses (other than Cinderella, for the photo op) at dinner, but that policy has long since changed. Thanks for giving us the up-to-date information.

hiptwinmama

CRT is fun and a must do, at least once. HOWEVER.... all 3 of my experiences at Akershus have been wonderful. It seems to me like at Akershus, the kids get a much better experience with the princesses and more time with them individually. Not nearly as rushed as CRT. Plus at Akershus we have never waited in line for pictures, they are super fast.

HouCuseChickie

We have done breakfast, lunch & dinner at both CRT and Akershus. Yeah- we LOOOOOVE our princess meals :D

If you've never done CRT and it's in the budget, I would always recommend CRT over Akershus. Don't get me wrong...I really like Akershsus. In fact, I like the lunch and dinner food at Akershus a bit better (big fans of the cold buffet- YUM!!!!). BUT- there really is something special about dining in the castle. Even my tomboy gets giddy over being in there. :)

If I were to pick a fave CRT meal- it would be breakfast. The new offerings are really tasty...right down to the pastries they put out on the table. If you can get an 8:05a- you'll likely get a window seat and you'll also be out in time for park opening. In fact, you can see the crowds being held at the edge of Fantasyland to know that the park hasn't opened. This is not to say lunch and dinner couldn't be OK...our breakfast experience was just significantly better than the other meals.

journ116

I have two DD's, and we have experienced both CRT and Akershus a couple of times each, and here's what my DH and I have deduced:

1. We prefer breakfast meals for three reasons: A. we're "breakfast people;" B. breakfast is the cheapest meal of the day; and C. we like securing one of the first meals of the day, on a non-extra magic hour day mind you, this way we can get some uninterrupted photos of the castle and the Walt/Mickey statue!

2. For our first "princess meal" ever, we prefer CRT's: there's nothing like eating in a Disney castle! Oh, and the food was good to boot! Also, if we have any first-timers in our group, we like to take them to the castle within a couple of days of our arrival, just to get the magic started!

3. For any subsequent princess-meals, we will schedule Akershus (this saves us time from wandering throughout the parks searching out meet-and-greets)! The breakfast selection is typical: eggs, bacon, potatoes, fruit, etc.. This meal is also cheaper than CRT's.

If it were me, I'd pick CRT as my first princess-meal experience. If you want to be budget conscience, choose breakfast at Akershus. And remember, the princess line-up can change without notice!

Have fun!

Yelloweaver

We actually love both restaurants. The food was delicious at both!

Akershus - we had the Mushroom Stuffed Pasta - with Swiss chard, over-roasted shiitakes and parmesan cream.
Lick your plate yummy!

CRT - I had this: Grilled Chicken Pasta - grilled chicken breast, artichookes, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and crimini mushrooms tossed with pappardelle pasta and a light cream sauce garnished with prosciutto bacon
and this for dessert: Flourless Chocolate Cake - with a whole chocolate custard. YUMMY!!!!!!!

My husband had: Major Domos Short Rib - Slow-cooked in a Pinto Noir Demi-glace on potato and parsnip puree with carrots. He said it was the best meal he ate in the 10 days we were at Disney World. He liked that meal better than the overpriced steak at Narcoossees.

Could just be personal preference, but both meals are yummy and the princess interaction cannot be beat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom