Akershus Opinions

gcbsdad

Original Poster
I am trying to set up our ADR's for our trip in August and we are considering Akershus for Dinner or possibly lunch.
We went last year and were disappointed because they did not have the cold bar with Seafood options. They brought out a plate of small samples to your table with really no seafood on it.
The girls loved the Princesses but we really went for DW and DMIL to go to the cold bar. Especially the Herring.

Has anyone been there this year?

tigsmom

We lucked into the Princess Dinner at the last moment this past August. My family was not really impressed with the new menu.

Here is the menu that is listed as of 1/06...

Lunch

Dinner

BRER STITCH

Sadly for it's fans, AKERSHUS is a mere shell of its former self!

They killed it when they went from buffet format to princess party!

It had been my favorite place to dine for many years before the princesses invaded. Something about the "exotic" (for me) menu and the cool surroundings of the castle just really made the meal special. Add to that the Norwegian servers and the pot of Earl Grey and it was the most liesurely meal you could find at Epcot!

I miss it.

:(

sbkline

BRER STITCH said:
Sadly for it's fans, AKERSHUS is a mere shell of its former self!

They killed it when they went from buffet format to princess party!

It had been my favorite place to dine for many years before the princesses invaded. Something about the "exotic" (for me) menu and the cool surroundings of the castle just really made the meal special. Add to that the Norwegian servers and the pot of Earl Grey and it was the most liesurely meal you could find at Epcot!

I miss it.:(

When did this happen? We ate there in April 2004 and it was still buffet style.

Myself, I was somewhat dissapointed in the menu, although I thought they had/have some of the best desserts in the world!:slurp:

tigsmom

sbkline said:
When did this happen? We ate there in April 2004 and it was still buffet style.

Myself, I was somewhat dissapointed in the menu, although I thought they had/have some of the best desserts in the world!:slurp:

We were there in August and it had already changed over. I remember a thread about it when it happened, but I can't find it.

You now get an appetizer plate to share, pick your entree and a dessert plate to share. I did like the Princess interaction though, they were all very friendly and asked questions about our family and insisted the girls pose for pictures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom