Akershus 11/3/05 bad report

walnutty01

i, too, have had a tiff with mulan. mine was in china at epcot where she was very rude. very, very rude. to the point where she said very inappropriate things regarding race and sexual orientation. if this happens to be the same mulan, i would assume it wasnt a bad day, instead just her bad demeanor.

Woody13

barnum42 said:
Shame the food was no good. Before they turned it into a kid's scream fest this was a great restaurant with marvellous food.
I enjoyed that observation. Thank you. :wave:

Foolish Mortal

barnum42 said:
Shame the food was no good. Before they turned it into a kid's scream fest this was a great restaurant with marvellous food.

I always looked forward to going :slurp: But what are ya gonna do, things change :cry:

Raven66

When we went this past May, all the Princesses where wonderful. Including Mulan. They couldn't have been nicer. I wasn't impressed with the food, but we were mainly there to see the Princesses for my little princess. :) ( ok she is 8 and no so little anymore :lookaroun )

Glasgow

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I guess everyone has a bad day every once in a while, although in their position, named characters should be aware there is no room for error. At least take solice in the fact that your kids had a good time, which is probably the main reason you were there

mayrag

Original Poster
The signature is not the same, because I compared it with ours from other times there. They DID send her to our table after I asked for her, if I didn't asked for her, my daughter would still be asking to meet her. The thing is that even though I went for my daughter's sake, she would not had have the same experience if Mulan wouldn't have come to our table.
unkadug said:
How do you know that this isn't the characters regular signature?
Did you examine the others guests autographs to compare with yours to come to this conclusion?

They did send her back to your table.

Let's see you went to Akershus for your daughter's sake. She had a good time and never noticed anything out of the ordinary, but you feel you didn't get your moneys worth??

mayrag

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
What did Mulan actually write?

She indeed wrote Mulan, but it looks like a 4 year old writing. It's not clear. It's horrible compared to the other princesses.

mayrag

Original Poster
TiggerRPh said:
Are you sure Cinderella was a this breakfast?

I wasn't aware she was making appearances there. I thought it was only Mulan, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty (Princess Aurora), Belle, and Jasmine.

There was Belle at the receiving area. Then came Aurora, Cinderella and Snow White. I also thought Cinderella was exclusive to CRT, which we already did the day before.

mayrag

Original Poster
Hey, it's not my problem if a CM it's having a bad day or not. If she wasn't feeling well, then maybe she should've stayed home. I don't know if she changed after hearing the little boy crying, I think this was what upset her, but anyway, isn't Disneyworld a place for families...including crying, annoying and screaming children. This is another fact that it's present. And again, even though my daughter didn't notice, it was because she indeed came to our table after I asked, if I haven't asked she wouldn't come to meet her.

tigsmom said:
A feeble attempt at humor and insulting to all the female members of our boards.

Did anyone stop to consider that Mulan was just having a bad day? Maybe the poor CM just wasn't feeling well, was under stress for some personal reason or whatever.

Everyone is entitled to an off day (yes, CM's and guests alike). I'm sorry I just don't understand why people let things like this ruin their day/vacation. There are way too many other things in this world to be upset about.

The OP's child did not notice anything out of the ordinary and wasn't the child's desire to meet the Princesses the reason for attending this meal?

If you feel you were shortchanged ( yes I know the meal is expensive) or insulted in any way then report it to the powers that be. :wave:

tigsmom

mayrag said:
Hey, it's not my problem if a CM it's having a bad day or not. If she wasn't feeling well, then maybe she should've stayed home. I don't know if she changed after hearing the little boy crying, I think this was what upset her, but anyway, isn't Disneyworld a place for families...including crying, annoying and screaming children. This is another fact that it's present. And again, even though my daughter didn't notice, it was because she indeed came to our table after I asked, if I haven't asked she wouldn't come to meet her.

CM's are people too and as such will have bad days just like the rest of us and sometimes its just not possible to stay home or leave during your shift, you just have to tough it out... I'm sure you (or someone you know) has been in that position.

And we had to tell our waitress that Cinderella skipped our room, but hey no big deal because she showed up in the end and even "ordered" our oldest to come have her picture taken with her and my youngest.

Your vacation (and life) is what you make of it and if you constantly sweat the small stuff you will be disappointed at every turn.

Dragonrider1227

Mulan shoud've handled herself a little better. Bad mood or not. I agree, we all have bad days, but why take it out on the guests? Though granted, this wouldn't have ruined MY vacation. Especially if I had a daughter that didn't care.

ednoria

We had lunch at the Akershus on 11/2/05 (just got home yesterday), and the food was good and the princesses were great. Ariel was in the photo-op place, and then Aurora, Alice, Belle, and finally Cinderella came around to the tables. Cinderella was the best -- the two girls said they had seen her at her coronation and Cinderalla said "I saw you, did you see me wave?" Very nice, the kids were completely charmed.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
cowboibabyy said:
Sorry about the typo. Should read "abrasive"

Remember, Mulan is not the nice fluffy Princess that the others are. She actually went to war and passed herself off as a guy. Be glad she didnt fart at your table. :rolleyes:

dflye

tigsmom said:
Your vacation (and life) is what you make of it and if you constantly sweat the small stuff you will be disappointed at every turn.
Well, for the OP, Mulan was not "small stuff", she was one of the two characters that made them book there in the first place!

I would rather have a grumpy character take the day off, and not see them at all, as compared with having then act like an irate uppity "princess" who squeals and runs away when confronted with real guests with kids that cry.

teacarissa

My family and I went a month ago and went ate breakfast at that restaurant Mulan did the same exact thing because my 1 year old daughter was screaming and Mulan said "For god sake child everyone in China can here you" and me and my husband laughed she was in character have you ever seen the movie. SHe was't being rude that is her character about her not coming back to your table every princess is supposed to greet every table and if the child is in the bathroom (for example) they are supposed to come back just ask your waitress I hope I give you some ease about this she wasn't being rude exact same thing happened to us

bluefaery

After reading this post, my bf's daughter doesn't want to go. Seeing as how this I one of the hard ones to get into, I don't know what to do.

Epcot82Guy

teacarissa said:
My family and I went a month ago and went ate breakfast at that restaurant Mulan did the same exact thing because my 1 year old daughter was screaming and Mulan said "For god sake child everyone in China can here you" and me and my husband laughed she was in character have you ever seen the movie. SHe was't being rude that is her character about her not coming back to your table every princess is supposed to greet every table and if the child is in the bathroom (for example) they are supposed to come back just ask your waitress I hope I give you some ease about this she wasn't being rude exact same thing happened to us

That just seems an odd way to be in character, especially with modern Disney. I've seen the Mulan film several times, and, while she is independent and perhaps "masculine" in a way, that statement seems a bit outrageous both for being potentially offensive (obviously here) and for the response to a crying child. I'm not saying that you are wrong at all. It could very well be a way they are trained, but I think that is not the best way to do so. I would reserve a line like that for a laughing child or excited child, not one that is potentially upset. Also, I will GUARANTEE you that she did not say "My God" from training. Trust me on that one. Just my $0.02.

NTI2002

it sounds like she was just some non equity diva who won't go any further in her acting carer than greeting children at Walt Disney World. It's still not an excuse, but at least you can take some pleasure in the fact that she'll probably be miserable all her life

mayrag said:
The signature is not the same, because I compared it with ours from other times there. They DID send her to our table after I asked for her, if I didn't asked for her, my daughter would still be asking to meet her. The thing is that even though I went for my daughter's sake, she would not had have the same experience if Mulan wouldn't have come to our table.

I think the poster meant did you compare it with the signatures of the other tables? Like did she make the other autographs for everyone else in the room all pretty and nice, and then intentionally go and make yours look like gross because she was angry that she had to come back.

While Mulan may have been having a bad day, that is still an awful attitude to project anywhere in a Disney theme park or resort area. And yes, CMs are entitled to an off day where they may be grumpy. but we're not talking about a regular CP who runs it's a small world, we're talking about the princesses representing themselves and their characters from the films. There is a huge world of difference there.

My .02, Bad Show!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom