Akershus 11/3/05 bad report

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Blame Disney for your bad experience. They are casting Face Characters that look nothing like the character they're portraying (Freckly Pocahontas??? ?!?!), and they aren't being as strict nor as comprehensive in their training as they used to be.

Granted, they aren't putting any schmuck off the street in a dress and wig and telling them to be Mulan, Cinderella, etc... if you are portraying one Disney's characters... ESPECIALLY AS A FACE CHARACTER... you should not have that attitude.

I would take the time/date/location, and write a nice long email. CC it to any disney executive you can.

MickeyTigg

madame_leota_19 said:
After reading this post, my bf's daughter doesn't want to go. Seeing as how this I one of the hard ones to get into, I don't know what to do.

Go to the breakfast....this was an isolated incident. We have never had a problem with a character there and we've been there at least 6 time if not more.

DisneyFreak529

That is soo funny that you told this story because when my sister in law & I saw Mula in Feb 2003 she was rude to us. She was dressed in her Tom-boy army get up. Then she said in a nasty voice, "What tribe are you guys from."
We got the photo with her. AFter we left we kept talking about how rude she was. I think the charater of Mula is spost to be a little Tom-boyish to fit the charater. I think the "All of China can hear you." is a little funny my self. :wave:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
so... who is ready for a funny backstage story?

I am.

This is many years old, and the CM's involved are no longer with the company.

MAGIC SPOILING ALERT!!!

Alrighty...

Mulan and Shang were out at MGM on set on an unusually warm day. So even though they were face performers, they were rather warm. They were going to go backstage for a few minutes for water, and return. They had their greeter announce this for several minutes now.

Unfortunately, one family failed to listen, and when they were going backstage they ran afterwards. One member of the family walks up to Shang, blocking him from going backstage for his liquid fixation and says "You aren't seeing us cause you're a racist @$$shole." (Guest was african american)

Shang grabs the guest by the shoulder, put his lips up to her ear and states the following: "Listen B!+ch! I am an Asian "Homosexual." Don't you even dare call me racist." And then he walked away.

That guests jaw hit the ground faster than anything I've ever seen. It was one of the funniest breaking the magic moments ever.

The end!

bluefaery

TiggerRPh said:
Go to the breakfast....this was an isolated incident. We have never had a problem with a character there and we've been there at least 6 time if not more.

we have reservations for lunch already, should i try to get the breakfast instead?

teacarissa said:
My family and I went a month ago and went ate breakfast at that restaurant Mulan did the same exact thing because my 1 year old daughter was screaming and Mulan said "For god sake child everyone in China can here you" and me and my husband laughed she was in character have you ever seen the movie. SHe was't being rude that is her character about her not coming back to your table every princess is supposed to greet every table and if the child is in the bathroom (for example) they are supposed to come back just ask your waitress I hope I give you some ease about this she wasn't being rude exact same thing happened to us

This is the best I have read yet in this thread!!! This explanation is exactly right. She was just in character as every other day. As for her skipping the table at 1st was, she accidentally got out of rotation which is very easy to do with a restraunt of that size. And when the waiter stated at 1st that she cannot come back to that area, it is true they are not suppose to because it will throw off rotation for the rest of the dining time, but after it was stated to the waiter what happened then they happily arranged for her to stop by. And also for the autograph, she is a tomboy and being the character she is and being on the rough side, and the autograph is always a little different.

lebeau

Count me in with the group who finds the "all of China can hear you line" as being both funny and in character. Obviously, as I wasn't there, I don't have the context you do. But from what you've described it sounds perfectly in keeping with Mulan from the movie.

The only issue I see is that she skipped your table. But she's only human, so a mistake is acceptable. At least she came back when you requested it. If she had NOT come back, then I see something to complain about.

mayrag

Original Poster
Thanks so much for all of your comments...
And please, I don't anyone don't wanting to go to this character meal because of our negative experience. I know many of you have had many negative or weird exeriences that if all are being told, no one would go to Disney. The Mulan girl, just should've taken the day off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom