AK Question...

MaXXimus

Where is the lodge for AK in proximity to the park? I was thinking of doing a dinner at the lodge (Jiko or Boma) but depending on transportation from the park I may have to rethink that idea. Is it on the same grounds or?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It's nearby. You have to take a bus, but it's only a few minutes. You can't walk [well you might be able to, but pedestrians aren't allowed as far as I know].

Well worth going to the lodge, both Boma and Jiko get rave reviews and the lodge itself is spectacular.

Upvote 0

DisneyRoxMySox

AKL is a great place to stay.

But there are some negatives I'd like to point out because they bothered me a bit. But I'm a Disney purist.

On the way to both the DAK and AKL you can cleary see through the trees resorts/condos/stores that are off property.

At at AKL bus stop I could see what remianed of what looked to be a Walmart sign. From my room, I could cleary see a 7/11 sign and a flashing cell phone tower. Sidenote: You can see off-property for EE.

Now they didn't ruin my vacaction. But, I always loved the feeling of never having to go the the outisde world when I am in Disney. But seeing that everyday, though I tried not to look, reminded me of the normal world. I didn't enjoy it. Hopefully tress will go and block them out..

Upvote 0

il grande chuck

just got back last month, and boma was our favorite restaurant at wdw.

try top get to ak lodge while it's still light so you can see the animals on the savannah before dark.

the ak lodge lobby at night is absolutely stunning. one of the most beautiful buildings i've ever seen. boma is fantastic, and ak lodge had (imo) the coolest gift shop in all of wdw.

enjoy!

chuck

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom