AK Parade

imamouse

Original Poster
I'm looking for advice on how to be selected to participate in the Jammin' Jungle Parade at AK?

I only have 1 shot at it during the week of May 10, so I need help fast! In addition to the regulars that post (I'm a newbie), I am hoping that an AK CM will respond.

Many thanks! :confused:

Toy Trumpet

Pure Luck!

The selection for that parade is done purely at random each day by Entertainment. There is no way to get someone picked for it other than this. They even go out scouting for people at different locations and times each day to keep it totally random.

I know of folks who had terminal illness, old (and possibly last time visiting) grandparents, etc. that have tried to get involved, and they are told, in polite Disney fashion, that the participants are picked at random. It is felt this is the only way to be fair to all Guests who might like the opportunity to be in the parade....

I wish I had better news for you, but just be out and about a little while before the parade starts, and hopefully you'll be chosen....

Pixie Duster

I took my friend to AK for the first time when I started working there. We had exited the safari and were near Mombosa Marketplace when we were selected around 2:30. We were just walking and talking and happened to be selected. It is completely random and you will not be allowed to participate if you go up to someone and ask, they must ask you.
Good luck, but don't spend your day at AK trying to get in the parade.

imamouse

Original Poster
Re: Pure Luck!

Originally posted by Toy Trumpet
The selection for that parade is done purely at random each day by Entertainment. There is no way to get someone picked for it other than this. They even go out scouting for people at different locations and times each day to keep it totally random.

I know of folks who had terminal illness, old (and possibly last time visiting) grandparents, etc. that have tried to get involved, and they are told, in polite Disney fashion, that the participants are picked at random. It is felt this is the only way to be fair to all Guests who might like the opportunity to be in the parade....

I wish I had better news for you, but just be out and about a little while before the parade starts, and hopefully you'll be chosen....

Sounds like a needle in a haystack. Thanks for advising me not to ask a CM, since that appears to be a certain way to not be selected. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed. ~imamouse

imamouse

Original Poster
Originally posted by Pixie Duster
I took my friend to AK for the first time when I started working there. We had exited the safari and were near Mombosa Marketplace when we were selected around 2:30. We were just walking and talking and happened to be selected. It is completely random and you will not be allowed to participate if you go up to someone and ask, they must ask you.
Good luck, but don't spend your day at AK trying to get in the parade.

So, did you have to wait around (backstage) from 2:30 until the parade began? Do you remember what time the parade started when you were selected? It starts at 4:00 PM the week I'm going. I had hoped that being near the parade entrance gate prior to the parade would help. Thanks again.

se8472

Nope, its random areas all around the park. Not just infront of the gate. Really it is random and comes out of no where. I would highly suggest not trying. This way if you get picked you will be happy but if you don't then you won't be unhappy.

imamouse

Original Poster
Originally posted by se8472
Nope, its random areas all around the park. Not just infront of the gate. Really it is random and comes out of no where. I would highly suggest not trying. This way if you get picked you will be happy but if you don't then you won't be unhappy.

OK, I'll mark it off my list and hope that my lack of focus might actually bring the opportunity to me. Thanks for your advice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom