AirTran anyone? Reviews?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Thinking about booking a flight through AirTran - has anyone else flown them? Good, Bad, Otherwise?

Whoops - wrong forum - can someone move this for me please?

Tinkerbella16

Flew with AirTran a few times to Orlando, no complaints here. It was a pleasant flight from Philly everytime. They are also on the airport check-in list at the Disney resorts, which is convenient. They usually have decent rates also.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We fly AirTran and have never had a problem with them. They are almost always on time (actually they leave early quite a bit) and the staff is always pleasant. Will be using them in August.

Upvote 0

2nd Star TTR

Have flown Airtran just about every trip to Disney. Our family has never had a problem, and we are a party of 6. Flights have always been on time, and Disney now has resort check-in.

Upvote 0

FBullock

Fly with them on most trips to Orlando as well as Atlanta and have a trip in June to Ft. Louderdale. Have had minimal issues & they are almost always on time or ahead. Staff is great. Most planes also have XM Radio for your listening pleasure. I highly recommend them.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Flew with them for the 1st time our last trip - had a great flight, on time, resort backage check was great, and the satellite radio was a godsend. Didn't even know there was a crying baby on board until I removed my headphones when we were getting ready to land.

Upvote 0

maxe14

We have flown with Airtran the last three years and have had an excellent experience everytime. That being said, we are getting ready to use them again in about 5 hours.....let you know if there is anything negative to report, but i am sure it will be business as usually. :wave:

AAHHH! I am going to to Disney today! (sorry....just had to let one out):eek:

Upvote 0

Turcicus

Same as everyone else above - no complaints here, and the XM radio at each seat is awesome (and the jack is a standard headphone jack, so no special adapter/purchase of AirTran headphones is necessary). My wife and I also love being able to upgrade to "first class" at the check-in counter, provided there are seats, for a low price.

Funny anecdote about our last trip - on the flight to Orlando, the first song I came across on XM was titled "I'm Going to Disneyland".

Upvote 0

travelgip

Air Tran

Unfortunately, I did have a problem with Air Tran. I booked my air for 7/1 and departing WDW on 7/8. I got an e-mail from them stating they had to change one of the flights. When I logged in to check, they changed my 7/8 flight to 7/1! I did not plan to stay at Disney for 8 hours but 8 days!
They woman on the phone was of no help and actually quite rude. Had to cancel return flight and book with another carrier (JetBlue).
I will use caution when booking with Air Tran and read all fine print carefully. There is a price to pay for bargain airfare sometimes.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

Airtran

We have used Airtran for all of our flight to and from MCO and have been exceptionally pleased with the service and staff. We actually had the opportunity given to us by one of the counter service staff in MCO of changing our 1 stop flight on the way home to a non-stop that they had just started using back in 2005, which was a delightful surprise. We have always had ease in check in, on-time or ahead of schedule flights, and smooth rides. Unlike our single experience with US Air.
We were also delighted to see that Airtran is now flying to San Juan, which is a "hub" for the USVI! Yes, there is a cost if you have to change your flight, but all carriers have that. We were granted a credit for our flights to MCO that we did not use as Hurricane Wilma was coming at FL and even though they technically didn't have to give us the credit as MCO was not closed on our flight day the lady on the phone was very understanding and could relate to why we didn't want to go to FL when a hurricane was "in her sights" so to speak.
So to wrap it all up, we have had wonderful experiences with Airtran since 1998 and they usually have great prices if you can book early.:)

Upvote 0

ExDisneyEmploye

I've flown airtran alot and I really like it (knock on wood) What I love about it is they have XM radio and I can listen to music on the way. my ipod is broken :cry: so the XM radio is a dream :)

(12 days and counting :sohappy:)

Upvote 0

gettingsmaller

We flew Dallas to Orlando last Sept on Airtran and had no problems.
There are a couple of things that may have contributed:
1) We flew on a Tues. (Sept 11)--supposed to be lower-traffic day AND it was 9-11. This was on purpose.
2) We were on the first flight of the day--this meant that we got a "fresh" plane (cleaned, etc.) AND it also meant that there was not time for delays to build up.
3) Because of #1 and #2 (I guess), we were on a plane with about 11 other people, which was cool.

We flew American on the way back. That was the latest flight of the day, it had a small delay (30 minutes or so?) AND it was pretty full. No real complaints, though. In fact, the plane had TVs in it, and they showed Wild Hogs. It was nice having a diversion while my kids fell asleep and it was too dark outside to see anything. BTW, I saved $1.99 (or something like that) by using my FREE Airtran headphones to listen to the movie on the American flight.

I would not hesitate to fly Airtran again. In fact, I considered booking another DIS trip this Sept with Airtran, but we decided to put it off until next year. :cry:

Upvote 0

colleen2997

Airtrain is cheap, that is why I fly them out of Philly to Orlando every time. Best deal, though you have to book really early to make sure you get the exact flights you want at the price you want. No complainsts. Short flight from Philly so I could care less who I fly, price is my biggest factor with chosing airlines, especially now. And yes, the XM radio is cool!

Upvote 0

rictusred

We have flown Airtran the last 4 times we have gone to orlando and it can't be beat the airfare is cheap and if you get on the day before and print out your bording passes you can adjust your seats. I have no complaints.

Upvote 0

ExDisneyEmploye

Following a plane crash in Florida in 1996 ValuJet purchased the small airline called AirTran and assumd their name.

http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/stories/1998/03/30/focus2.html

While that was a long time ago, they are still very much a discount airline. There's no other industry like the airlines where the phrase "you get what you pay for" is more applicable.

...Plane crashes are rare. But people die in car accidents on a daily basis.

Upvote 0

mitchk

No complaints here. I've flow with them on my last 2 trips, and have already booked with them for my up and coming trip in September. They have great prices, and my flights have always been smooth, and on time :)

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
:sohappy::sohappy: Thanks everyone...how's this for a round trip price with them the 1st week of December? $325?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom