air trans ailrlines?

bears163

anyone ever use them. so far they are by far the cheapest i can find so far. all the other airlines keep going up & up. we leave in sept. i am hoping to get a cheaper airfare. now it is 200/rt. 2 months ago it was 175/rt but that was with USAir. that one is now 240.

Foolish Mortal

Flew Air Tran once last year and I'm hooked ! The staff on both halves of my trip were probably the friendliest people I've ever seen in ANY kind of service industry. The pilot and co-pilot on my return from Orlando last year were a riot. When we were getting ready to push back from the gate, the pilot was doing his usual pilot spiel and you hear him ask the co-pilot in a low voice "psssst where we going". Lots of in flight comedy. When we landed in Philly, the captain was greeting everyone departing in a full on Pirate outfit. Aaaargh thanks for flying mateys, hope to see ya again. Hilarious, had to be seen. If only I would've had my camera handy.

Flying them again 9/30 and 10/8. Hope I can get the same fare for Nov. that I have for this trip. After only 1 trip Air Tran has won me over. Goodbye USAir.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I've been flying Airtran since they were ValuJet. You can really get some great deals with them if you just keep looking.

Most of their jets are less than two years old and like others have said, they offer FREE XM radio. I did however get an old jet not to long ago. It was kind of funny/scary when we looked out the window and saw what appeared to be Duct Tape holding something on the wing. That just proves that Duct Tape fixes everything! We made it safe and that never made me change airlines.

The staff is always nice and sometimes will bump you up to business class if they can.

Sign up for their emails with specials. This will help you get some great deals.

FYI, I haven't flown Southwest in 14 years, so I can't say anything about them. I hear they're great, but with them not flying into Atlanta, Airtran is the way I go.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

I also fly AirTran often because of the good deals from Baltimore. Its low cost and no frills but what airline isnt these days.

I even got the Airtran Visa and currently have racked up 2 free roundtrip flights to Orlando. Add that to my DVC membership and I've got $$ to burn at WDW. :D

Although the skymile points expire quicker on the AirTran Visa than other credit card plans it seems like I can save up for a flight much quicker than say Amex Delta Skymiles. And considering how often we head to Orlando it was a no brainer to get the card.

Upvote 0

darrin

We have used Air Tran many times for flights out of buffalo and pittsburgh. They are no frills, but so are we. We now prefer to drive, but if we do fly, it's
on Air Tran. Very courteous staff, decent flights. I'm not a big fan of XM, have Sirius...however, satallite radio beats regular radio anytime. You should have a good experience with Air Tran. :animwink:

Upvote 0

brertigger

I have flown Air Tran several times, with no problems. Almost every flight I have been on with them has arrived at the destination early, even if we leave the original airport late.

crazydaveh said:
It was kind of funny/scary when we looked out the window and saw what appeared to be Duct Tape holding something on the wing. That just proves that Duct Tape fixes everything!

I have noticed that American Airlines also likes to use Duct Tape to fix things. On several of their jets, they have "Secured by American Airlines" cargo tape that holds together some of the wall trim inside the cabin.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

The family and I have also flown airtran several times as well, not bad and they are most of the time the least expensive. They have their own credit card too, so you can earn free flight credits when you use it. Just one small problem, they are not part of DME, so when it's time to leave WDW you have to bring your luggage to checkin at the airport. And once we upgraded to BC for an extra 35 a seat, very nice.:)

Upvote 0

bears163

Original Poster
first of all thanks for all the feedback. this os for those who have flown out of philly using air trans. what prices have u paid? att his time the cheapest i can find is 188/rt. i hoped to get better but from what other airlines are getting that is a great deal at this time. your thoughs please

Upvote 0

sring

bears163 said:
first of all thanks for all the feedback. this os for those who have flown out of philly using air trans. what prices have u paid? att his time the cheapest i can find is 188/rt. i hoped to get better but from what other airlines are getting that is a great deal at this time. your thoughs please

bears,

I live in the Philly area. I don't recall what I paid for the air tran tix to MCO last year, to me they were part of the package.

I had to fly to MCO last month for a conference and paid over $500 on USAir (down on a saturday back on a wednesday). It was somewhat last minute and in the middle of spring break.

Unfortunately, picking air prices is about as scientific as playing Russian Roulette. Prices are constantly changing based on competitiion, load factors and the price of fuel.

I would say that $188/rt is a very decent price, especially if it's non-stop, just make sure it includes all of the taxes (passenger facility fees, 9-11 security fees, fee for looking out the window twice, etc.) especially if it's a non-stop.

You can always try something like Priceline, but you won't get to pick your airline or when you fly. You might though, get your price.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom