Air Mattress in your Room

ob1thx1138

We are staying at POR this summer and being both pooh sized my wife and I plan on sleeping in separate beds and having one of our boys sleep on either the trundle bed or on an air mattress if the trundle bed is not large enough.

My question is this: Will Mousekeeping look down on us having the air mattress aired up and propped up against the wall while not in use and think that we are trying to sleep more people than allowed or is this a common thing that they will not mind?

Pioneer Hall

I am sure they have seen it before and won't even give it a thought. If you leave it on the floor in the afternoon, they will probably make the bed for you as well (don't expect it, but Disney mousekeepers just tends to be that nice).

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

We are staying at POR this summer and being both pooh sized my wife and I plan on sleeping in separate beds and having one of our boys sleep on either the trundle bed or on an air mattress if the trundle bed is not large enough.

My question is this: Will Mousekeeping look down on us having the air mattress aired up and propped up against the wall while not in use and think that we are trying to sleep more people than allowed or is this a common thing that they will not mind?

We stayed at POR in the Alligator Bayou section, we booked 5 people, and brought an air mattress to use instead of the trundle bed. Space was a little tight (it was a twin size air mattress), but there was enough room to lay the mattress down between the bed and the door. It worked just fine for me. We just propped it up against the wall during the day; Mousekeeping would fold the extra blanket and pillow and place in on the bed next to where the air matress was. We were there for a week - never had an issue with it.

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
Glad to hear that. There are going to be 4 of us in the room, and that is how many we have on the reservation, I just was not sure how they would handle it. Nice to know they are understanding. I just wish they would put queen size beds in these rooms....

Upvote 0

miles1

On our last stay at POFQ we brought along a full size air mattress, which fit pretty well between the bed and the entry door. (The size of the beds wasn't the issue, its just that our kids are "travelers" during the night.) the four of us took turns on the air mattress so no one wound up with a back problem. During the day, we propped it up against the wall. No one every questioned us about the number of people in the room.

Unless you're driving to WDW, you should probably be ready for TSA to go through your bags when they see the air pump on the x-rays. Also, you may want to buy a cheap air mattress and just leave it there--it's nearly impossible to get it back in the box it came in to pack it.

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
Thanks for the concern. We are driving so I guess we will just bring a couple of our twin sized mattresses that we use when camping, have to leave the queen sized ones at home I guess. :p

Upvote 0
My advice: Go for the airmatress. You are on vacation (the extra space is nice :) ) and it shouldn't be a problem. You would be surprised at how many people do bring airmatresses with them. I give two thumbs up.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Disney does not have a problem with this at all. When staying at WL in 2007 we asked for a roll-away bed and we got an air mattress..they blow it up and put it down in between the beds. That way its out of the way and we could leave it down all the time. Not sure given the space at PO it there is room in between the beds but i would try. Have a great trip!!!

MJ

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Disney does not have a problem with this at all. When staying at WL in 2007 we asked for a roll-away bed and we got an air mattress..they blow it up and put it down in between the beds. That way its out of the way and we could leave it down all the time. Not sure given the space at PO it there is room in between the beds but i would try. Have a great trip!!!

MJ

I did not know Disney still did that. Good to know.

Upvote 0

dizzney

We're DVC and have always brought an air mattress for our daughter, she never wanted to sleep with her brother.

Never had a problem, we leave it in our purple locker so we dont need to transport it back and forth all the time

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom