Ahsoka (Star Wars Disney+ Series)

Phroobar

Very excited for this. Live action Rebels. Sabine and Hera look great! Live action Thrawn will be incredible. I wonder if they are actually doing Heir to the Empire and the other two books. Somewhere I read, it was going to be a Disney+ movie. That kind of changes everything when it comes to First Order. It is what they should have done in the first place.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Very excited for this. Live action Rebels. Sabine and Hera look great! Live action Thrawn will be incredible. I wonder if they are actually doing Heir to the Empire and the other two books. Somewhere I read, it was going to be a Disney+ movie. That kind of changes everything when it comes to First Order. It is what they should have done in the first place.

They make take elements from Heir but I doubt it will follow the same story.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You know it’s weird…because I thought Heir was kinda obvious/lame when it came out…

…now fans - including me - would give about anything to see it on screen. Just a commentary on how the expectations have changed over time.

Phroobar

You know it’s weird…because I thought Heir was kinda obvious/lame when it came out…

…now fans - including me - would give about anything to see it on screen. Just a commentary on how the expectations have changed over time.
It was the first new Star Wars we had back then. I hope they handle Thrawn well. I wonder how they will handle Mara Jade.

iu

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was the first new Star Wars we had back then. I hope they handle Thrawn well. I wonder how they will handle Mara Jade.

iu
…oh I remember well. It would be hard to describe to younger fans who didn’t experience the “gap” in the 80’s and 90’s what a weird thing it was to pick up that Zahn book on a shelf.

“wait…wha???”
We knew nothing…no internet 😂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That is what made Star Wars so much fun.
I have long argued that was what made Star Wars what it is (Disney doing a good job of sinking that)
It set the bar in the pre-digital age that nothing could really get up to for 15 years after.

Batman was cool…ghostbusters and back to the future was cool…and those Jurassic park dinosaurs were awesome but still fake enough.

Put Jedi up against them and it held. Well except for the rocks against stormtroopers…

…can’t go home again, is I guess my point?

Still stoked for Ashoka…
…now about my DAMN rogue squadron?!?😡

Last edited:

Jedijax719

Can't wait!

If they want to make movies that will create excitement and anticipation, have Thrawn survive the shows and have a New New Republic with Poe as Chancellor fall under attack. Rey's new jedi group needs help and Finn goes recruiting help from other worlds. He ends up on Mandalore to get help from Djin, Bo, and of course a not-so-baby Grogu

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Can't wait!

If they want to make movies that will create excitement and anticipation, have Thrawn survive the shows and have a New New Republic with Poe as Chancellor fall under attack. Rey's new jedi group needs help and Finn goes recruiting help from other worlds. He ends up on Mandalore to get help from Djin, Bo, and of course a not-so-baby Grogu
All those people suck eggs…Incase “absence” has made the heart grow more forgetful?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Wes Chatham has reportedly joined the cast of Ahsoka.

"Fresh off the conclusion of Amazon’s long-running sci-fi series The Expanse, actor Wes Chatham is heading back to space as the latest addition to Disney+’s live-action Ahsoka series.

Chatham (The Expanse, Hunger Games, Tenet) will play the right-hand man to Lars Mikkelsen’s Admiral Thrawn in the series, multiple sources have told Deadline."

MarvelCharacterNerd

Wes Chatham has reportedly joined the cast of Ahsoka.

"Fresh off the conclusion of Amazon’s long-running sci-fi series The Expanse, actor Wes Chatham is heading back to space as the latest addition to Disney+’s live-action Ahsoka series.

Chatham (The Expanse, Hunger Games, Tenet) will play the right-hand man to Lars Mikkelsen’s Admiral Thrawn in the series, multiple sources have told Deadline."

I was 100% not watching this. Had no interest whatsoever. Turned off the trailer after 30 seconds.

And now...

I am 100% watching this, dang it.

I could have resisted a lot of casting but I can't resist Wes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom