Age of children on their 1st WDW trip

Atta83

OK for the person (not going to name names) who said that adults just bring their children and make the trips for the parents only thats sooooooooooooooooooo not true. When i was 3 1/2 my parents took me to WDW for the first time and the trip was all for ME! My mom said(even on the video) where do you wanna go...what do you wanna do....yeah they did somethings for themselves but other than that it was an me trip. Laura22 I would give you green but I have to spread more rep around...

DisneyFan 2000

Atta, you just reminded me of our family's trip to Disneyland Paris. That was aswell only for us kids. Heck, on the last day we entered the parks just so I could see Mickey one more time!

bhg469

DisneyPhD said:
LOL :lol:

You need 100 points to get 2 squares. I don't know how many after that since I was sitting at 100 for a while. (I would guess it is 100 points per square.) Also different people have different amount of points their positive or negtive rep is worth. People with negitive reps can make comments, but it gives no points. (postive or negtive.)

TURKEY, did you know you are worth 4 points? Thanks :p

OY! and i only have 40. here it goes!
everyone pretend i have a cute puppy ! look how fun i am :sohappy: :sohappy: weeeeee!

DisneyPhD

bhg469 said:
OY! and i only have 40. here it goes!
everyone pretend i have a cute puppy ! look how fun i am :sohappy: :sohappy: weeeeee!

Sorry, bhd469, I have reached for limit for 24 hours. So here is a smiley face instead. What a cute puppy!
hope it helps! :lol:

To me, the thing that makes the most sense is to take your kids when they are 44 inches. That way, they will be old enough to remember a lot of it, and most importantly, will be able to go on the rides they want to go on. A lot easier on the parents, since they won't have to deal with a naturally upset child who can't go on Splash Mountain...

Nora

I got an anonymous negative point as well, so I guess we are all in for it. Well, all I can say is that what goes around comes around.

Raven66

When we went, I was begging my daughter to go back to the hotel for a rest. She didn't want too. :lol: She told me to go, she would stay with her dad. So we know it definately wasn't about me. :lookaroun By the way she won. :cry: :)

Laura

Premium Member
To me, the thing that makes the most sense is to take your kids when they are 44 inches. That way, they will be old enough to remember a lot of it, and most importantly, will be able to go on the rides they want to go on. A lot easier on the parents, since they won't have to deal with a naturally upset child who can't go on Splash Mountain...

My son was 37 inches when we went. We went on 95% of the rides at Disneyworld. There really is only a handful with height restrictions. He had a blast riding what he rode and he had no desire to ride the rides with the height restrictions. By the time he is old enough to care one way or the other he will be 44 inches tall LOL.

Also, I don't get it - why does everyone keep saying that you should wait to take a kid until they can remember everything? So I should just coup up my kids and keep them home and never give them any entertainment just because they are too young to remember the details of it 20 years from now? BTW - as I said before, my 37 inch son DOES remember more about our Disney vacation than I do.

I think the ORIGINAL question has been forgotten...
Question for all you w/ kids out there. How old were your kids when you first took them to WDW?.... I'd appreciate any feedback or experiences you have regarding taking a young child to WDW.
I don't think it is helping this person any to hear people who have never brought a 2-3 year old child to Disney to give their opinions. But that is just my opinion. :)

PhilharMagician

DisneyPhD said:
See, but that is the thing. When you have kids your life does change and you do things differently. To the people that you might be seen behaving badly with their children, they are refusing to adjust. Many parents, myself and many here, can take children on trips, outings and events, and everyone can have a great time. It is more a mater of good planning and parenting skills then it is the childs age.

I understand where you are coming from, but children are a big factor. Young children can get spooked alone by the 20,000 + people you can encounter (I know I am). The heat, the waiting, exhaustion and maybe the occasional knucklehead you may have to deal with can set kids off crying unknowingly. I am not saying that small kids do not belong @ Disney (they make Disney), I am just saying that beware that times have changed and what used to make the annual trip to the world magical may not work. Let your children guide you and tell you their limits. Once children fall into the miserable crying state, it is hard to help them recover. I see to many parents dragging kids to do things that they like and freightening their kids beyond belief, when this happens many will never find the magic that we have.

Gucci65

tigsmom said:
Its like I tell my kids all the time (and some posters here)...

Its not what you say, but how you say it that counts. :wave:

AMEN to that!!!!!!!!

I have to say every day.

Raven66

wannab@dis said:
yep, me too... oh well. life goes on! :lol:

I don't have any either way, I guess I don't make enough of an impact. When you look around and see that wall flower...............Well that's me. :D

matt&helen

I agree with a lot of the posters on here, in that it depends on the child. We are locals, so we have a different perspective. Our two year old and three year old remember Disney World, they ask to go every weekend, and even say what park, and what rides they want to go on. Will they remember this 10 years from now? I guarantee it!
I also guarantee that the people that do not have children and claiming taking young children is selfish and idiotic will change their tune after they have children. Even if you think they won't remember it and it won't make a difference, just seeing their smile and joy at being at Disney World is worth every penny. And if you still disagree with this whole-heartily then you are a person who should never have children.

DisneyPhD

matt&helen said:
I also guarantee that the people that do not have children and claiming taking young children is selfish and idiotic will change their tune after they have children. Even if you think they won't remember it and it won't make a difference, just seeing their smile and joy at being at Disney World is worth every penny. And if you still disagree with this whole-heartily then you are a person who should never have children.

Amen!!!!!!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Sorry I am fresh out of rep points! :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom