After first trip ever, I can now comment on surprising favourites!

kate'nkaren

Original Poster
We just got back from our first WDW trip. Wow! cannot wait for the next one! Disney does this so well!! - My favourite ride of all the parks was Tower Of Terror - Before we went I said no way, too scary for me - OMG it was so much fun, we did it over and over using fastpasses - terrific fun! Another favourite that surprised me was the Finding Nemo show at Animal Kingdom. That was brilliant! Live actors with the characters suspended on sticks with hand controls to make the facial features and tails move - in and out of the audience, suspended above the stage, all brilliantly done and so sweet, I cried! - were you surprised by an unexpected favourite activity?

Glad you had a great time! Thinking back to my first trip I was most taken aback by the level of theming, from tiny little adverts in cabinets to the detailing in the Expedition Everest queue. I instantly fell in love with Disney World and became extremely protective of it when people questionned why I would want to go.

The biggest love I have in the parks is definitely the fireworks. We just don't do fireworks like that in England - it blew my mind that shows like that can be done night after night!

Mukta

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your first trip. I knew that I was hooked and would be returning many more times. Are you planning another trip in the future?

steviej

glad you had fun! I was surprised at how much I loved everest, OH, and the first time I went on RNRC, I was 13, and didn't even feel it go upside down lol

JIMINYCR

Congratulations, you have become one of US! Now Disney will consume your every waking moment, you will be counting days like never before, seeking out the next thing you want to do. And you will be saving those pennies and dollar bills desperately so going back to explore the world will happen sooner than later.

I also was pleasantly surprised by the performance of the Finding Nemo show, so much that we retuned to see it another day. It's a highlight that I tell friends not to miss at AK.
I have always counted ToT as a favorite and ride it as often as I can.

JillC LI

glad you had fun! I was surprised at how much I loved everest, OH, and the first time I went on RNRC, I was 13, and didn't even feel it go upside down lol

I wasn't sure if I had gone upside down either! Luckily no one told me in advance or I would have been too scared to try it.

Spikerdink

Glad you had an awesome time! It is magical in so many ways....

I am trying to figure out how I can go back again within a year....it is depressing to think I won't be there for that long.

kate'nkaren

Original Poster
Awesome that you liked your 1st Disney World trip. Hope you enjoy many more to come. Now that you've conquered Tower of Terror you can ride just about anything you want without fear I say!
Absolutely! I did RNR (only once but I did it!) and loved EE - did that a few times - Space Mountain was fine, BTMRR was fun, I was a total kid again for a whole week.
We will definitely be coming back but that 13 hour flight from Sydney to LA then the layover before another 5 hour flight to Orlando is so exhausting! But so worth it - this was my 50th birthday present - I hope I can do this every year until the legs give out!

Jane Whalebones

Glad you had a great first visit!:) I too, just rode TOT for the first time on my trip in June...I was really scared at first, but then all I could do was laugh during the entire ride. :D I liked it, but it has been crossed off my Disney bucket list. My favorite ride at HS is RNR!!!:D

Minigma

For me, the Hoop De Doo Review was the most unexpected favorite. Actually I didn't know what to expect. We loved it! I tell everyone who is going to WDW, to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom