After check out, how do you spend your last day?

kjbean

I'm trying to pencil in ideas on how we will spend our days and how we could/would use our dining plan credits. Would we want to have another day at a park? Either repeat a park or do one we didn't earlier in the week? Or plan to do a character brunch at one of the resorts (so we don't need park admission) and take our time leaving? Or since we have friends and family an hour from Orlando, plan that day to spend extra time with them before travelling home the day after? What would you do if you had an entire day after you check out.

Our tentative plan is 6 nights at a POR moderate resort, but only having 3 or 4 park days, and other days relaxing and enjoying the resort and other Disney activities.

ETA: the next day after we check out, we'd have a LONG drive home (13 hours), so I was torn about the idea of another FULL day at a park, or at least until evening.

Todd H

We sleep in a little later, head down for breakfast, pack, load up the car, and head home. Usually by that last day we are so tired I don't think we could handle another day at the parks.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Omg.

Let me add that the next day after we check out, we'd have a LONG drive home (13 hours), so I was torn about the idea of another FULL day at a park, or at least until evening.

13hours,I once drove from L.A. to Vegas and that was about 6 hours, where are you driving to ?,just curious :confused:

Upvote 0

BrittanyRose428

We drive from MA and on check out day we hang out at the resort and do a pool day. check out some of the other resorts, take pictures, etc.
Just out of curiosity, how is the drive from MA? We always fly, but I've always thought it'd be kind of nice to have our own car there, and then be able to leave at our leisure in a sense on the last day without having to rush to the airport.

Upvote 0

coltow

Just out of curiosity, how is the drive from MA? We always fly, but I've always thought it'd be kind of nice to have our own car there, and then be able to leave at our leisure in a sense on the last day without having to rush to the airport.

My parents and siblings have made the drive many times (DH refuses). From Lynn it is almost 24 hrs exact. My dad says if you can get to Georgia on day 1 you've done good.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

We have a 10 night / 11 day stay coming in July (honeymoon!) and since we are spending the first 10 days in the parks we will spend our last day at the pool at the Beach Club. Lunch at Beaches, some swimming and cocktails while our bags are held by Disney and we are awaiting Magical Express.

Our flight this year is 810PM, so we figured Disney would call on us for a 5PM pickup by DME. This way, we can sleep in... take a walk around Boardwalk and then swim and relax at our leisure.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

I have done a 16 hour drive (Boston to Niagara, Niagara to Toronto, then Toronto back to Boston)

That is a long ______ drive and it ruined me the day after so I couldnt do 24hrs straight, without losing at day down at Disney.

Upvote 0
My parents and siblings have made the drive many times (DH refuses). From Lynn it is almost 24 hrs exact. My dad says if you can get to Georgia on day 1 you've done good.

My DH says the same thing! Our goal though is always to make it at least to South Carolina.

The drive itself is about 20 hours for us. We live about 15 minutes from the Connecticut boarder.

Upvote 0

Plowboy

We usually have a mid-afternoon flight back to California, so we get up, leave the bags at bell services and go have a nice breakfast (Boma or Kona Cafe), if we have time to hit the monorail resorts we check them out, if not, we head back to our resort to catch Magical Express to MCO and the long flight back home.

Upvote 0

Mr Wizard

We usually run things to the eleventh hour to make the most of our time there so the last day is taken up mostly with just getting home. We pre pack some the night before then get up sorta early finish packing the car get a decent breakfast either on site or nearby and then do the 14 hour boogie up I 95 to get home around 11 or 12 Sunday night and head back to the horrible necessity of work Monday.

Upvote 0

dmbcrush5

We usually do a 4pm flight home, so that means leaving BC around 2pm. On checkout day we get up, check our bags and get our boarding passes, then board a bus to MK. We get breakfast at the bakery and sit on Main St. people watching to try to soak up some last bits of magic while we eat. Then we search Tomorrowland for PUSH and hit the confectionary for gifts on our way out. We then take the monorail to Epcot and have lunch at either Via Napoli or Les Chefs. After that, it's back to BC to head to the airport.

Not sure we'll be able to pull this off with an 8 month old this time around! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Meeko's Mom

We have made the drive from Peabody (prior to moving to ME) and loved it. It is nice not having to be picked up for Magical Express 3 hrs. early. You can go at your own pace. We usually spend our last day at one of the parks and then finish up at DTD before heading to the highway around 6pm or so. We do stop in Brunswick, GA for some rest before continuing on. Also you're able to go to dinner offsite or to other attractions (UNI, SW). Good Luck and have fun!!! :)

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

We have made the drive from Peabody (prior to moving to ME) and loved it. It is nice not having to be picked up for Magical Express 3 hrs. early. You can go at your own pace. We usually spend our last day at one of the parks and then finish up at DTD before heading to the highway around 6pm or so. We do stop in Brunswick, GA for some rest before continuing on. Also you're able to go to dinner offsite or to other attractions (UNI, SW). Good Luck and have fun!!! :)

Maybe driving wouldn't be a bad idea then, I'm in Saugus. :wave: it would be great to not have to leave early to get to the airport.

look at all the Mass people in here! hahaha its awesome

Upvote 0

kjbean

Original Poster
13hours,I once drove from L.A. to Vegas and that was about 6 hours, where are you driving to ?,just curious :confused:

We live in VA. I go to FL about 1x a year to visit my grandparents with my kids and my parents and it can take about 12hrs depending on stops. We always drive since even with the cost of gas, it still always comes out more affordable than flying. My DH and I drove down last month for a trip to Port Canaveral for a kidless cruise, and he has a disease that caused him to stop frequently and it took us every bit of 13hrs to get down there.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We have a roughly 16- 18 hour drive home...but usually we get up early. Prearrange for the bags to be stored. Then we hit the one park everyone wants to hit one last time. We usually leave the park by 5PM so we can be on the road by 6:30 PM. (load the van, grab a bite to eat at the resort ...or the park before we leave). It is soooo hard for us to leave that last day. We make that drive straight through w/o any hotel stops...only stop for gas/food/restroom.

Upvote 0

Aloha

I would say just take it easy. Maybe go to downtown disney, a character breakfast would be nice and relaxing and will not tire you out as much for the long journey. We usually just go in the pool and then go to downtown disney or local stores before we get on the plane.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom