After check out, how do you spend your last day?

kjbean

I'm trying to pencil in ideas on how we will spend our days and how we could/would use our dining plan credits. Would we want to have another day at a park? Either repeat a park or do one we didn't earlier in the week? Or plan to do a character brunch at one of the resorts (so we don't need park admission) and take our time leaving? Or since we have friends and family an hour from Orlando, plan that day to spend extra time with them before travelling home the day after? What would you do if you had an entire day after you check out.

Our tentative plan is 6 nights at a POR moderate resort, but only having 3 or 4 park days, and other days relaxing and enjoying the resort and other Disney activities.

ETA: the next day after we check out, we'd have a LONG drive home (13 hours), so I was torn about the idea of another FULL day at a park, or at least until evening.

JIMINYCR

I am considering driving to WDW next time, dreading the length of the drive. My wife is in a power wheelchair and we've had damaging instances occur when we've flown down. Damage to the chair because of negligent baggage handlers transferring the chair on and off the plane and transporting it to the terminal after the flight.
Our last day is always spent at MK, just wandering around in a daze wondering where the time went, crying uncontrollably as the last hours go by. My last ride is always Splash Mountain.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

We always try to have a later flight, in either late afternoon or evening since my son is still a toddler. That being said, we usually don't do a park, since my husband doesn't want that disgusting gross feeling all the way home on the plane.

What we usually end up doing is resort hopping or DTD for the day. We enjoy the day there grabbing something to eat.

That being said, since you have friends an hour away, if you don't get the chance to see them on a usual basis why not go plan a visit.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

I've had two very great--though sad--last days that stand out. We usually stay at POFQ, and after checking our bags, didn't have enough time to head to the parks before we had to get going. So, we took the opportunity to rent a surrey bike. Something we had always wanted to do, but never took the time to do. Glad we did.

The other last day that comes to mind, we headed to Epcot. I remember walking around the lagoon. It was an almost 90 degree day, and at one point the kids started whining that they were too hot. Well, too bad. We were going back to Chicago in March, and my DH and I were determined to soak up as much sunshine as we could. We ate our "last meal" outside of the America pavillion. So glad we did, because of course, we got back home just before a snow storm hit.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

In the Parks
No
we are driving as well. its not all that bad to spend a few hours in the park, get a nice sit down breakfast or lunch in, then head out mid to late afternoon. be safe!

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

, I tend to be of the mindset that once I check out of the hotel, that's it. My time at WDW is done (except possibly stopping by someplace to get something to eat before we hit the road). So all the WDW activities that I have planned are during our actual hotel stay, and once the hotel stay is over, it's time to leave WDW. .

That is my mindset as well. Once I check out, it's time to get back to reality. I know the night before is my last night. I have a good dinner and Yacthmans and spend an evening at one of the parks.

I usually take an 1pm flight home as traveling takes a day and is exhausting. I might try to squeeze in DTD for some shopping and Earl Sandwich. Then it's back to the resort to catch transportation to the airport.

Upvote 0
I've had two very great--though sad--last days that stand out. We usually stay at POFQ, and after checking our bags, didn't have enough time to head to the parks before we had to get going. So, we took the opportunity to rent a surrey bike. Something we had always wanted to do, but never took the time to do. Glad we did.

The other last day that comes to mind, we headed to Epcot. I remember walking around the lagoon. It was an almost 90 degree day, and at one point the kids started whining that they were too hot. Well, too bad. We were going back to Chicago in March, and my DH and I were determined to soak up as much sunshine as we could. We ate our "last meal" outside of the America pavillion. So glad we did, because of course, we got back home just before a snow storm hit.

We usually have our last meal at the American Pavillion----but they have got rid of the toppings bar--so we may have to rethink!!

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

We get packed up and leave our bags at the hotel storage, and head off to MK, doing our favourite rides, although not the wet ones, and soaking up our last bit of Disney magic. Around midday we go back to WL for lunch and last bits of shopping, using up our left over dining credits and then get changed for the journey home. We always end up rushing to be ready for the ME pick up time though!

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
We have always tried to book a flight after 6:00 in the evening....which requires being back at resort by 3:00 to catch the ME. Sooo that always makes it an easy trip to the MK from the WL and back....my favorite place to be and I usually try to just hang out in Adventureland and Frontierland as those are my favorite areas to escape to....this trip we did ride Dumbo on last day, which was it's last day in that spot, just so we could see over the wall....what fun to ponder the finished product back there!!!:king::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

We get packed up and leave our bags at the hotel storage, and head off to MK, doing our favourite rides, although not the wet ones, and soaking up our last bit of Disney magic. Around midday we go back to WL for lunch and last bits of shopping, using up our left over dining credits and then get changed for the journey home. We always end up rushing to be ready for the ME pick up time though!
This reminds me of another perk from Disney we use. We use airport bag check-in at the resort. This saves us from storing bags and lugging them to the airport.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom