Africa trek and horseback riding

petey

Hell Disney Experts, Well this time next week I should be at the World. I am staying @ AKL Jambo House and really looking forward to it. I had two
new things that I am consiering trying. First is the new Africa Trek at
Animal Kingdom. Second is the horseback riding over at Ft. Wilderness.
The one thing that has me a little concerned about the Africa Trek is
about a month ago I just completed some physical therapy on my knee
and I was wondering if it may be to much. I would really appreciate any
comments on the above activities. Thanks and have a magical night!!!:)

mousespouse

If you ride horses or have done trail rides in the past, the Disney Ft. Wilderness ride will be slow-going for you. It is a nose to butt trail ride. Cloppity, clop. Just a slow walk through the woods. The trail winds around in the same area of Disney. Nothing too terribly scenic. We saw an occasional deer. The trail guides were wonderful, though. It would be a fine ride if you are taking children who have never been riding before.

Upvote 0

marypoppins68

I second the horseback riding as very easy going. It's all on flat surfaces. Nothing strenuous at all. We also saw deer on our trail ride. They go out in almost all kinds of weather, unless it's thundering and lightening. My mom and I were the only ones signed up for our trail ride so we had the two guides to ourselves. They were fantastic! I also recommend the Segway Tour at Fort Wilderness too. The instructor was great and you get to see more of the area with that tour.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

You're going to be the only one who can judge if you're feeling able to do the Africa Trek. I didn't find anything to be overly strenuous when I did it, but if you just finished PT then you might. There is a lot of walking in the woods, and clearly the terrain is not paved concrete. You are regularly walking on narrow trails and over branches, roots, rocks etc.

Upvote 0

heartodisney

There is an article on this in "Celebrations" mag..very small insert..looked like just a hike with a guide, it did not mention horseback riding. I hope somebody could post pics!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Third on the horseback trail ride.

Very well behaved horses, clear flat trails, and nothing more than a walk. Very enjoyable, but very tame. My kids enjoy it. My oldest wishes it was a bit more (she used to ride equestrian for a short time) but my youngest is more than happy with it.

The Segway tour, in my opinion, is more physicaly demanding than the horseback ride. It is not a killer, but your legs do get tired riding them. I have done 3 tours at WDW (2 EPCOT and 1 Ft Wilderness) and a ridden them elsewhere as well. I am always suprised at just how much effort it is. But, if you think about it, you are standing still for about an hour.

-dave

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom