Aerial Views

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Tramp
Interesting pix.....

the pictures of the castle look fake....

It does.

Just a general question, don't you get fined for flying over WDW?? I think thats what my tour-guide said on the Keys of the Kingdom tour... :confused:

Spocky

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

It does.

Just a general question, don't you get fined for flying over WDW?? I think thats what my tour-guide said on the Keys of the Kingdom tour... :confused:

When I was there a helicopter flew over Epcot several times, so I think they can't fine you if your flying over Disney.

sillyspook13

An interesting note about why the castle looks fake: this is mostly because of the way it was built. The base of the castle is, of course, normal size. As the castle gets taller, it quickly gets narrower. If the average adult were to stand next to one of the towers, they would be taller and larger. From the ground perspective, the castle looks taller than it really is. The small towers create the illusion that the top of the castle is really far away. From the air, it just looks really odd.

NowInc

"Forced perspective" is what they call it. They do it on almost every tall building they make..the castles...the mountains....but not on TOT.

And for those who are frequent visitors to the parks, you know that you cant go a whole day without seeing someone flying past the parks with some kinda advertisment streaming behind his/her plane. Its not too distracting..but it is kinda lame....

Also...for those who are waiting for my MGM space photo...im still working on it...I had a LOT of work to get done this week so I didnt have a chance to gather all the images. If all goes well I will finish it this week before i do my weekely park visiting on the weekend. Work is keeping me very busy...but I will try and sneak off to a corner and get this done.

wdwcrazy

When I was in Epcot last year, that hostage thing was going on at the boardwalk I think it was. There were about 5 news helicopters hovering right above Epcot. It was really noisy and distracting. I wish they would have made them leave. :mad:

wdwcrazy

Last summer when I think an cast memeber took his wife hostage. I don't really know the details, but there was a hostage situation at the boardwalk.

sillyspook13

I remember when that happened. Apparently there was a standoff for a couple of hours, but I think it ended that same day. I think the guy held another cast member and possibly one or two other people too. He took them into one of the rooms. All I remember is driving by there and seeing a lot of police cars.

Brett

Wow, I really like these aerial views....I haven't been around for a while, so I finally got a chance to look at them...:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom