Aerial view of the Fantasyland expansion construction site - foundations being poured

SeaCastle

I've heard WDI does not necessarily speak with one voice. My guess is many of the issues we discuss here are also discussed at WDI's divisions.

We understand you want it to be an E-ticket, but as it has been stated multiple times before, this is not the case. If you're definition of an E-ticket is Pirates, Mansion, Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, etc. , then you'll be disappointed if you believe Ariel's Adventure is an E.

Then again, it's just your opinion. :shrug:

jt04

We understand you want it to be an E-ticket, but as it has been stated multiple times before, this is not the case. If you're definition of an E-ticket is Pirates, Mansion, Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, etc. , then you'll be disappointed if you believe Ariel's Adventure is an E.

Then again, it's just your opinion. :shrug:

I never claimed it is an e ticket. I'm just saying the entire exercise is subjective and there probably isn't 100% agreement at Imagineering as to what qualifies an attraction to be considered an E.

Maybe someday they will come up with an official quantifiable formula. But until then it is all opinion.

Very Interesting post left by Krankenstein on MiceChat : Just to back you up, yes, Pixie Hallow, Dumbo's placement, and the new theme of Barnstormer are still very fluid right now (I heard Dumbo's placement is almost changing daily right now). A lot of people in the company are not satisfied with the "girlie" slant of the FLE and want to look at other concepts that were brought up along with FLE. The Frontierland concept is very much being highly considered right now. I don't think everything in the original version will happen, but I have heard that Frontierland could very easily see a MAJOR change in the next couple of years. And, don't be so dismissive of WRE.... modifications can easily be made.

Take it for what it is worth, but my channels seemed VERY positive a few days ago.

SeaCastle

Very Interesting post left by Krankenstein on MiceChat : "Just to back you up, yes, Pixie Hallow, Dumbo's placement, and the new theme of Barnstormer are still very fluid right now (I heard Dumbo's placement is almost changing daily right now). A lot of people in the company are not satisfied with the "girlie" slant of the FLE and want to look at other concepts that were brought up along with FLE. The Frontierland concept is very much being highly considered right now. I don't think everything in the original version will happen, but I have heard that Frontierland could very easily see a MAJOR change in the next couple of years. And, don't be so dismissive of WRE.... modifications can easily be made.

Take it for what it is worth, but my channels seemed VERY positive a few days ago."

Our insiders here hinted at upcoming changes to Frontierland. I don't know what they include, but they said Western Rivers Expedition is not in the plans (to my disdain). If I had to guess, I would say that the plans would involve the modification/re-purposing of Tom Sawyer Island, and maybe something on the plot behind Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Seeing that words like "additions" and "expansion" are not being used with regard to Frontierland changes, I would imagine a re-purposing of existing infrastructure is more likely, but that's just a guess.

I don't know the plans for Frontierland, but I would have hoped they fast tracked changes to the lands that need it most, like Tomorrowland or Adventureland.

Attachments

• frontierland.jpg
    frontierland.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 125

Lee

Adventurer
And you know this how? :brick: It's an E-ticket.
Because several of them have told me so.
It's a D.

I'm just saying the entire exercise is subjective and there probably isn't 100% agreement at Imagineering as to what qualifies an attraction to be considered an E.
Actually, there is pretty much complete agreement at WDI over what is an E and what isn't.

The disagreement comes with marketing and PR, who would love to be able to sell every addition as an E, though most of them aren't.

Very Interesting post left by Krankenstein on MiceChat : Just to back you up, yes, Pixie Hallow, Dumbo's placement, and the new theme of Barnstormer are still very fluid right now (I heard Dumbo's placement is almost changing daily right now). A lot of people in the company are not satisfied with the "girlie" slant of the FLE and want to look at other concepts that were brought up along with FLE.
Yes.
Exactly what I've been saying here for weeks.

The Frontierland concept is very much being highly considered right now. I don't think everything in the original version will happen, but I have heard that Frontierland could very easily see a MAJOR change in the next couple of years. And, don't be so dismissive of WRE.... modifications can easily be made..
Possible action in Frontierland? Yes.
WRE? No. Not on the boards at all.

If I had to guess, I would say that the plans would involve the modification/re-purposing of Tom Sawyer Island, and maybe something on the plot behind Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Seeing that words like "additions" and "expansion" are not being used with regard to Frontierland changes, I would imagine a re-purposing of existing infrastructure is more likely, but that's just a guess.
I'll just say.....yes. IF (notice I used capitals there...) anything actually moves forward over there.

miles1

Very Interesting post left by Krankenstein on MiceChat : Just to back you up, yes, Pixie Hallow, Dumbo's placement, and the new theme of Barnstormer are still very fluid right now (I heard Dumbo's placement is almost changing daily right now). A lot of people in the company are not satisfied with the "girlie" slant of the FLE and want to look at other concepts that were brought up along with FLE. The Frontierland concept is very much being highly considered right now. I don't think everything in the original version will happen, but I have heard that Frontierland could very easily see a MAJOR change in the next couple of years. And, don't be so dismissive of WRE.... modifications can easily be made.

Take it for what it is worth, but my channels seemed VERY positive a few days ago.

So does this mean that the FLE plans would be scaled back somewhat in order to devote resources to Frontierland?

Not to throw a Molotov Cocktail in the thread, but is there a chance Potterville has gotten TDO thinking about broadening the appeal of expansion/update plans for the MK?

jt04

So does this mean that the FLE plans would be scaled back somewhat in order to devote resources to Frontierland?

Not to throw a Molotov Cocktail in the thread, but is there a chance Potterville has gotten TDO thinking about broadening the appeal of expansion/update plans for the MK?

Hope so.

Captain Chaos

TDO? No... Glendale? Probably...

cblodg

Our insiders here hinted at upcoming changes to Frontierland. I don't know what they include, but they said Western Rivers Expedition is not in the plans (to my disdain). If I had to guess, I would say that the plans would involve the modification/re-purposing of Tom Sawyer Island, and maybe something on the plot behind Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Seeing that words like "additions" and "expansion" are not being used with regard to Frontierland changes, I would imagine a re-purposing of existing infrastructure is more likely, but that's just a guess.

I don't know the plans for Frontierland, but I would have hoped they fast tracked changes to the lands that need it most, like Tomorrowland or Adventureland.

My guess was Tom Sawyer Island when I read that. But don't forget, you also have a Golden Horseshoe (can't remember it's name sorry) that has been sitting dormant for years now and a CBJ that is in desperate need of a refurb.

Personally, I would hope that the FLE is getting a second look. I haven't been a fan of the princessafication of FL.

Gomer

I would hope they wouldn't touch CBJ. At least one of Tiki or CBJ should remain its original form. They supply a relaxing diversion from the chaos that is the rest of the MK. Same goes for TSI. Magic Kingdom is running desperately low on "cool down" attractions. I think that calm, relaxing, air conditioned, emersive environment is a necesarry part of the "magic" equation that makes Mk so successful.

I'm all for Frontierland getting some love as it is my favorite land, I just hope they don't remove both CBJ and TSI. It would make Frontierland too chaotic.

Lee

Adventurer
Nope.
FLE's budget is safe, the question is what they spend it on.

IF (again...heavy emphasis on that if) anything gets moving in Frontierland (or anywhere else), it will be it's own project with it's own budget.

Mr. Morrow

Nope.

IF (again...heavy emphasis on that if) anything gets moving in Frontierland (or anywhere else), it will be it's own project with it's own budget.

Here is hoping to a C or D dark ride for Frontierland.

TinkerBell#1

Personally, I would hope that the FLE is getting a second look. I haven't been a fan of the princessafication of FL.

I can some a small push for princessafication, but not to this. If the relook at FL, I pray the leave Pixi Hollow alone. Tinker Bell is #1. :ROFLOL:

It woud be great to see other improvements to WDW. Keep it #1 in the world.

Nope.

We wont really find out what they spent it on until the project is finished in 2 years.

jt04

Nope.

This is good news. Hopefully they are considering Alice and relocating the Dumbo concept.

Yep Alice of Tea Cup fame and maybe a coaster that takes you down a rabbit hole. Seems logical to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom