Aerial shots 31st January 2012

rortiz

With beauty and the beast castle opening before mine train, I wonder how they are going to direct guests away from the construction. They look so close to each other. Anything new as to when beauty and the beast will open?

rortiz

Actually its LM that's closer. But still curious how they are going to be able to open up b&b and LM in the fall with the mine train still under construction? I believe I've seen that fall of this year they are going to open both those areas up.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Actually its LM that's closer. But still curious how they are going to be able to open up b&b and LM in the fall with the mine train still under construction? I believe I've seen that fall of this year they are going to open both those areas up.

They will probably just wrap a construction wall around what is not he big hole, and possibly connect it to the access road behind LM. This would close off one path to LM, but you could still access it through the BatB area.

rpk4444

Great pics! Love the ability to being to blow them up on my big screen and look at the details. A couple of questions come to mind though. 1) What is the awning/steel structure that is being erected behind Little Mermaid and reaching out toward the two tents. 2) HOW IN THE WORLD, did they get that big crane (working on new seven dwarves coaster) in there and how are they going to get it out? I can't see where there's a path wide enough to bring it in or take it back out! I want to see the video footage of this!

original

1) I beleive that it's going to be extended rock to cover back stage area.
2) Cranes that size break down into pieces. One that size probably has 8 to 10 sections.

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
It is great to see all the progress but I will be surprised if they hit the late February opening date listed on the park maps, there still seems an awful lot to do to Storybook Circus and less than 4 weeks to do it

tn1999

Has there always been a walkway from the train station into tomorrowland along the back of indy speedway?? I dont ever remember it but maybe it was always there and they just prettied it up a bit??

toolsnspools

Its been there sine at least 2006. That was the first time I noticed it. It makes for a nice quiet walk if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle for 5-10 minutes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It is great to see all the progress but I will be surprised if they hit the late February opening date listed on the park maps, there still seems an awful lot to do to Storybook Circus and less than 4 weeks to do it

The February date changed to March 12th a couple weeks ago. It probably changed long after that map was printed. I think they are on track to make the March date.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Has there always been a walkway from the train station into tomorrowland along the back of indy speedway?? I dont ever remember it but maybe it was always there and they just prettied it up a bit??

One of the best kept secrets in Magic Kingdom, a lot of people don't know about it.

maxairmike

You know, the castle wall doesn't look nearly as tall as I thought it would be, which is slightly disappointing to me. I thought it might look a little more grand than a tall garden fence, which is the vibe I get from the pictures.

Rob562

One of the best kept secrets in Magic Kingdom, a lot of people don't know about it.

Despite it being depicted on all the park maps since at least Toontown Fair opened...
There's lots of paths and nooks and crannies in the parks that many people don't know about, yet are shown on the park maps. Sometimes people should explore more.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom