Aerial shots 31st January 2012

GrumpyFan

Despite it being depicted on all the park maps since at least Toontown Fair opened...
There's lots of paths and nooks and crannies in the parks that many people don't know about, yet are shown on the park maps. Sometimes people should explore more.

-Rob
Yep. People just need to slow down sometimes and take it all in! There's lots more to see and do.

Captain Chaos

Yep. People just need to slow down sometimes and take it all in! There's lots more to see and do.

I say the same thing about Animal Kingdom... My last to visits to DAK I found trails and little nooks that I never knew existed, giving such great sightlines to other areas of the park... Just one of those little pieces of detail that sets Disney ahead....

flynnibus

Premium Member
Hiya

I managed to get airborne over Disney World this Tuesday past, only just starting to sort through the pictures but thought these might be interesting to show the latest developments in Fantasyland:

Incredible set on flickr.. thanks for sharing!

acr123

Well, the water feature is clearly shown in the most recent concept art Disney released to the public:

Dumbo.jpg

Based on the close-up pic of the second Dumbo base in place (in the photo set at DAMOUSE.com)... it looks like Dumbo will be flying over water! Notice the blue tile that has been installed at the base!!

ChristianG

Based on the close-up pic of the second Dumbo base in place (in the photo set at DAMOUSE.com)... it looks like Dumbo will be flying over water! Notice the blue tile that has been installed at the base!!

Good catch! Can't wait to see what it looks like!

Lee

Adventurer
You know, the castle wall doesn't look nearly as tall as I thought it would be, which is slightly disappointing to me. I thought it might look a little more grand than a tall garden fence, which is the vibe I get from the pictures.
You mean the new castle walls that are going up over by the old Dumbo?
They are going to be quite tall...

Attachments

• cw3.jpg
    cw3.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 256

Murphketeer

Has there always been a walkway from the train station into tomorrowland along the back of indy speedway?? I dont ever remember it but maybe it was always there and they just prettied it up a bit??

I walked it many times. I can't wait until it opens again.

WDWFanatic

There were some pictures taken from the crane at the castle over at disneyatwork.com

Thanks again for your efforts to bring us great photos!

hpyhnt 1000

Some new construction picture over at Damouse.com that confirm that the old Dumbo base is in place next to the new one.

Some really excellent pictures there. I must say the scale of the work being done gets more impressive with each set of pictures. In particular, the depth of the Mine Train excavation and the height of the rock work around Mermaid are much bigger than I anticipated. And add to that the detailing of the rock work on the planters and castle walls and the whole area is sure to look wonderful.

Lord Pheonix

I have a possible answer for the crane question. I have seen these types of cranes assembled on-site after being brought in on different trucks. I have seen large cranes delivered by up to 4 large "low-boy" trucks that came to the site by regular road networks. I think that may be what happened here. It's pretty cool to watch, actually.

hes right. theses are impossible to transport in one piece for two reasons. one, obviously is the size. the other is the weight. the counterweights alone can weigh over 100 tons. not to mention the rest of the machine. they are ALWAYS assemmbled on site.

a "lowboy" is a flatbed trailer that sits 6 inches off the ground, when the tractor drops the trailer whatever is on it rolls right off. they are cool to watch unloading, but for us trucdriver they can be a big pain in the ______ cause their so low, we tend to get hung up on everything from speedbumps to driveway entrances and potholes.

MerlinTheGoat

I'm still itching to know if Dumbo will have a water feature now like the concept art indicates. I've always loved that detail that was left out of WDW's version. I wouldn't necessarily trust the concept art due to the older design of the Dumbo spinner in that picture.

Though this art seems to be fairly accurate to the construction pics, heck even the same angle as some of the more recent pics of the Storybook Circus area-
Picture+69.png

So they seem to have removed that little water fountain from the art that was in this pic in the middle (not the one built into the spinner but the one in front)-
http://wdwdailynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Dumbo.jpg

But the water feature built into the spinners is still present in the newest art, so i guess that's looking good lol! :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm still itching to know if Dumbo will have a water feature now like the concept art indicates. I've always loved that detail that was left out of WDW's version. I wouldn't necessarily trust the concept art due to the older design of the Dumbo spinner in that picture.

Though this art seems to be fairly accurate to the construction pics, heck even the same angle as some of the more recent pics of the Storybook Circus area-

So they seem to have removed that little water fountain from the art that was in this pic in the middle (not the one built into the spinner but the one in front)-

But the water feature built into the spinners is still present in the newest art, so i guess that's looking good lol! :)

Someone in another thread pointed out that in some of the construction pictures you can see that the sides of the concrete trench under Dumbo have been covered in blue tile. I think that would strongly suggest that there will be water there.

tl77

Picture+69.png

I think this version of the concept art with the smaller water fountain in the middle is from original FLE design, or the early "pixie hollow" days when Dumbo was going to be at the top or the north edge of the park , because Casey Jr. is to the Right of Dumbo in the fountain pic, but now that they've flipped Dumbo to the south side in the current location Casey Jr. is now to the left of Dumbo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom