Aerial shots 31st January 2012

Courtman

Original Poster
Hiya

I managed to get airborne over Disney World this Tuesday past, only just starting to sort through the pictures but thought these might be interesting to show the latest developments in Fantasyland:

Click on the picture to view full size on Flickr.Many more shots of WDW and whatnot will appear on my Flickr soon - http://www.flickr.com/photos/adriancourt, hope you like!

tl77

wow nice pics, super high res...

and you can see they have all the walkways curbs going into Story Book Circus, it looks they may open all of that stuff at the same time

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Cool pictures. That wasn't where I was expecting the big crane to be sitting, but it makes sense. So hard to get a clear perspective on things from the ground level photos.

These pics also show the steel for the new arch beside LM that goes over the access road. This brings up the question of how they will get large equipment like the big crane for example in and out of the site? Maybe that new arch piece is designed to be removable?

BrightImagine

Amazing pictures. Thank you!!

It really looks like something is happening with Mine Train... maybe it will be less than 3 years?

NYwdwfan

In the last shot you can see the edge of the Skyway redesign walls!

I was surprised to see nothing installed for the second Dumbo spinner yet.

Thanks for posting!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
In the last shot you can see the edge of the Skyway redesign walls!

I was surprised to see nothing installed for the second Dumbo spinner yet.

Thanks for posting!

I'm not surprised. It's going to take some time to refurb the old one before it is installed. I would not be surprised if the new one opens with a single spinner. It's interesting that they haven't removed the hub of the old spinner yet. I wonder if they are going to do the refurb work right where it is and then move it directly to it's new location.

NYwdwfan

I'm not surprised. It's going to take some time to refurb the old one before it is installed. I would not be surprised if the new one opens with a single spinner. It's interesting that they haven't removed the hub of the old spinner yet. I wonder if they are going to do the refurb work right where it is and then move it directly to it's new location.

For some reason I was thinking they would move it and repaint/refurb at new location, so it doesn't get damaged in the move. But this is coming from someone that knows nothing about engineering, etc.!!:D

GrumpyFan

Great pics! Love the ability to being to blow them up on my big screen and look at the details. A couple of questions come to mind though. 1) What is the awning/steel structure that is being erected behind Little Mermaid and reaching out toward the two tents. 2) HOW IN THE WORLD, did they get that big crane (working on new seven dwarves coaster) in there and how are they going to get it out? I can't see where there's a path wide enough to bring it in or take it back out! I want to see the video footage of this!

original

RunnerEd

I have a possible answer for the crane question. I have seen these types of cranes assembled on-site after being brought in on different trucks. I have seen large cranes delivered by up to 4 large "low-boy" trucks that came to the site by regular road networks. I think that may be what happened here. It's pretty cool to watch, actually.

GrumpyFan

I have a possible answer for the crane question. I have seen these types of cranes assembled on-site after being brought in on different trucks. I have seen large cranes delivered by up to 4 large "low-boy" trucks that came to the site by regular road networks. I think that may be what happened here. It's pretty cool to watch, actually.

Sounds like a reasonably good explanation, and I bet it is cool to watch.

MKCP 1985

Thank you for the photos! :king:

There has been some talk about the Dumbos flying over water. From what is installed and from my observations of what is to come, I can't see this happening. Admittedly, this is an area outside my expertise, but I have not read where anybody has backed off that suggestion, that the riders in the flying Dumbos will have water under them.

So, is there anything definitive on this subject?

wsmith1978

Ugh, that scrim on Main Street covering the store is enormous - and what's with the one going down the side too? I didn't know about that one. Grrr :mad: Any chance they'll be gone by 2/11? :ROFLOL:

jme

Thank you for the photos! :king:

There has been some talk about the Dumbos flying over water. From what is installed and from my observations of what is to come, I can't see this happening. Admittedly, this is an area outside my expertise, but I have not read where anybody has backed off that suggestion, that the riders in the flying Dumbos will have water under them.

So, is there anything definitive on this subject?

Well, the water feature is clearly shown in the most recent concept art Disney released to the public:

Dumbo.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
For some reason I was thinking they would move it and repaint/refurb at new location, so it doesn't get damaged in the move. But this is coming from someone that knows nothing about engineering, etc.!!:D

Makes more sense to take the parts back to central shops where they can be worked on in controlled environment.

GrumpyFan

Well, the water feature is clearly shown in the most recent concept art Disney released to the public:

Dumbo.jpg

It's hard to tell really. It certainly looks like water, but then that may just be the artist's interpretation or creative license to make it look better. In other words, the drawing is not an exact representation of what the finished product will look like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom